Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2019 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Congratulations everyone on the birth of their babies! Hoping I'm next. I'm 40 weeks and 2 days today. I'm trying everything - daily walks, bouncing on the ball etc. I also have reflexology and acupuncture appointments booked.

Quick question - did anyone notice that their baby moved a bit less towards the end? I've found that in the last two weeks or so, the baby doesn't kick that much, I just feel it stretching and its feet protroding out. I've been into the hospital twice when I was worried about reduced movements and everything was fine. I can't be running in there every day. Just wondering if anyone else noticed less movements towards the end of their pregnancies? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Quick question - did anyone notice that their baby moved a bit less towards the end? I've found that in the last two weeks or so, the baby doesn't kick that much, I just feel it stretching and its feet protroding out.

I've definitely noticed that the times of day/patterns of movement are very different and also less dramatic. More rolling and stretching. Generally if I massage my bump baby will respond by moving so I haven't been too worried but at the same time I've found myself thinking "hmm, haven't felt a move for a while..." That normally prompts me to massage a little and then I'm reassured.

I've definitely noticed that the times of day/patterns of movement are very different and also less dramatic. More rolling and stretching. Generally if I massage my bump baby will respond by moving so I haven't been too worried but at the same time I've found myself thinking "hmm, haven't felt a move for a while..." That normally prompts me to massage a little and then I'm reassured.

That's so reassuring, thanks. I'm the same, if I rub bump or eat something, I get a small response so thats good. Glad to hear other people are having the same experience, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Congratulations everyone on the birth of their babies! Hoping I'm next. I'm 40 weeks and 2 days today. I'm trying everything - daily walks, bouncing on the ball etc. I also have reflexology and acupuncture appointments booked.

Quick question - did anyone notice that their baby moved a bit less towards the end? I've found that in the last two weeks or so, the baby doesn't kick that much, I just feel it stretching and its feet protroding out. I've been into the hospital twice when I was worried about reduced movements and everything was fine. I can't be running in there every day. Just wondering if anyone else noticed less movements towards the end of their pregnancies? Thanks.

Just to add- babies do not slow down towards the end. The pattern of movement should remain the same. If you notice reduced ( or increased ) movement to what's normal for your baby go in. The type of movement can change to pushing/ stretching but the frequency shouldn't change. If you need to go in every day with concerns then absolutely do. The 40-42 week period is the highest risk for placental issues. Trust your instincts and never feel like you're an inconvenience to be checked. Don't mean to be alarmist but I think we owe it to each other to be honest. Best of luck xxx

Thumpette wrote: »
    Just to add- babies do not slow down towards the end. The pattern of movement should remain the same. If you notice reduced ( or increased ) movement to what's normal for your baby go in. The type of movement can change to pushing/ stretching but the frequency shouldn't change. If you need to go in every day with concerns then absolutely do. The 40-42 week period is the highest risk for placental issues. Trust your instincts and never feel like you're an inconvenience to be checked. Don't mean to be alarmist but I think we owe it to each other to be honest. Best of luck xxx

Thanks a million. I just find it so hard to know whether I'm overreacting or not. To be honest, if I went in every time I was worried, I'd be in almost everyday. I'm trying to find the balance of managing my anxiety but also doing the right thing if the baby's movements do change. It's so hard to tell...I've never really noticed a solid pattern with my baby's movements. They seem to change every few weeks. It's my first as well so maybe it's normal to worry like this, I don't know :(

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. I just find it so hard to know whether I'm overreacting or not. To be honest, if I went in every time I was worried, I'd be in almost everyday. I'm trying to find the balance of managing my anxiety but also doing the right thing if the baby's movements do change. It's so hard to tell...I've never really noticed a solid pattern with my baby's movements. They seem to change every few weeks. It's my first as well so maybe it's normal to worry like this, I don't know :(

Don't worry if you do end up in everyday. Honestly they would rather see you if you are worried than not. You're at the point now that they can look at induction if there are any concerns. It's normal to worry of course- but that doesn't mean your worry isn't valid. Have they done traces when you've been in? Never feel bad or embarrassed for advocating for your baby. That's a Mama's job xx

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

My baby definitely had less kicks and more whole body movements like a bum pushing out. I always made sure that when they asked at the hospital I told them I wasn't feeling kicks but definitely a bum or head pushing out to the side. I did read the sign at the hospital that said babies don't move less at the end

Don't worry if you do end up in everyday. Honestly they would rather see you if you are worried than not. You're at the point now that they can look at induction if there are any concerns. It's normal to worry of course- but that doesn't mean your worry isn't valid. Have they done traces when you've been in? Never feel bad or embarrassed for advocating for your baby. That's a Mama's job xx

Thanks a mill. Yeah they did traces both times and were happy that all was well. I think I just tend to panic if I don't feel loads of movements in a 2-3 hour period. But both times when I went in, the baby started moving soon after - typical! I'm booked in for an induction next week anyway so just hoping I go naturally before then. Thanks for the advice xx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 netflix2018

Hi all, congrats to those who have got to meet their precious little ones!

I'm 38w5 today and due for induction first thing this Saturday due to GD, baby measuring large and excess fluid. I did everything I was told, am on metformin and insulin and it wasn't enough to control the baby's size so that was disappointing. Consultant wanted to put me through for induction as soon as he examined me on Monday but ward couldn't take me for several more days because of lack of space. It's a bit distressing to think they are potentially jeopardising myself or the baby due to lack of resources. Maternity care is generally great in this country but you still get the feeling they are doing their best on very restricted budget - cheers government!

I breezed through the second trimester but I gotta say: third trimester has been an absolute misery due to gestational diabetes. Will be so glad to be out the other side.

I haven't heard any positive induction stories so I was delighted to read yours farmerswife. Here's hoping I have the same :D

Hi all, congrats to those who have got to meet their precious little ones!

I'm 38w5 today and due for induction first thing this Saturday due to GD, baby measuring large and excess fluid. I did everything I was told, am on metformin and insulin and it wasn't enough to control the baby's size so that was disappointing. Consultant wanted to put me through for induction as soon as he examined me on Monday but ward couldn't take me for several more days because of lack of space. It's a bit distressing to think they are potentially jeopardising myself or the baby due to lack of resources. Maternity care is generally great in this country but you still get the feeling they are doing their best on very restricted budget - cheers government!

I breezed through the second trimester but I gotta say: third trimester has been an absolute misery due to gestational diabetes. Will be so glad to be out the other side.

I haven't heard any positive induction stories so I was delighted to read yours farmerswife. Here's hoping I have the same :D

All 3 of my inductions were so positive, OK the drip can be a bit intense but that's what pain relief is there for but I'd happily be induced any day. Don't be one bit afraid of being induced, it all depends on how your body reacts, everyone is different, just go in with an open mind, you'll be well monitored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 netflix2018

All 3 of my inductions were so positive, OK the drip can be a bit intense but that's what pain relief is there for but I'd happily be induced any day. Don't be one bit afraid of being induced, it all depends on how your body reacts, everyone is different, just go in with an open mind, you'll be well monitored.

Thanks so much, I needed to hear that!

I'm probably the minority but it's like most things, 99% of the time you only hear the bad! I've had 3 inductions, my labours have been 2 hours 45 mins, 1 hour 10 mins and 50 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

Thanks ladies for sharing your experience of induction. I’ve only heard probability of cs highter when induces so thanks for sharing positives.

39+1 and woke up yesterday morning with piles!!!! Ooooouuyccchhhhhh. Very uncomfortable to sit and walking today is misery with them.
    I’ve been flying it for last 39weeks and all of sudden bang woke to 2 large externals. Anyone know if piles make natural Labour more painful?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Popping in from the October thread to say I have to agree with newfarmerswife. I was really focused on going into labour naturally and was induced at 9 days over. But it’s not how you start that matters, for your own recovery focusing on delivering normally is more important. And the epidural is great, I was up and about a couple of hours after having my little one and never felt a thing as I was being stitched up. I haven’t even had to use half the stuff I was prescribed.

I Honestly wish I’d been induced earlier, the last week of waiting did me no good.

How are everyone doing? Our little girl is now 11 days old, the time is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Little girl arrived last Wednesday morning. (Along with every other baby due in Dublin by the busyness of the hospital.

She's gorgeous and we're slowly settling in at home. The lack of sleep has been getting to me but I caught up a bit today.

My 3 year old is doing well with big brotherhood so far and it's very sweet to see.

I the lack of sleep OK until last night, I was wrecked, my husband can take a few night feeds before he's back to work, now I'll still be awake but at least I won't have to fight my eyelids staying open.
    I definitely got the baby blues this time, I don't think I got them at all on my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Congrats everyone whos babies are here!! So delighted to hear good stories and hope the sleep situations are ok enough. Take full advantage of partners being home to get some sleep while you can I say.

Still waiting here, 3 days overdue now and not a single sign of baby coming. Trying to not think about it too much and just wait and see what happens!

What is your hospitals policy on letting you go over? How many days will they allow?
    I started to think to myself well if I have to be up from early all day with 3 days and my husband goes to work then once he goes back to work he can still take at least one night feed in the week. Even if he took the last feed before bed.

I asked about how long over at my last appointment and they said that hopefully it won't be an issue and we can discuss next time if needed. Back in again this Thursday. I'm in Holles St so think their policy is 14 days, which I'm grand with. Feeling huge and uncomfortable but figure if I can go naturally that's good!

Him taking even one night feed sounds good. That way you can go to bed a little earlier and at least get a few solid hours I hope and then take over? Not looking forward to the lack of sleep but all I've heard from others is that it's all just a phase and will eventually pass. Hope it passes quickly enough for all!

• Advertisement

I'm going on 7 days overdue but I always knew this would be a late baby so the wait isn't too bad. Every baby in our family has been at least 2 weeks late and I've been full of beans, out hiking almost every day. Deliberately picked Holles Street as they allow you to go over longer than the other Dublin maternity hospitals.

Thanks a mill. Yeah they did traces both times and were happy that all was well. I think I just tend to panic if I don't feel loads of movements in a 2-3 hour period. But both times when I went in, the baby started moving soon after - typical! I'm booked in for an induction next week anyway so just hoping I go naturally before then. Thanks for the advice xx

Heya, just thinking about you. Did your little one arrive safely? Xx

Starting to feel like I should jump into the December group :) 41+3 today and no signs of anything moving yet.

Have an assessment on Thursday and guessing they'll talk to me about sweep / induction then but nothing before that. Figure if they leave me go the 14 days that will be induction on Saturday / Sunday.

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

buffin wrote: »
    Starting to feel like I should jump into the December group :) 41+3 today and no signs of anything moving yet.

Have an assessment on Thursday and guessing they'll talk to me about sweep / induction then but nothing before that. Figure if they leave me go the 14 days that will be induction on Saturday / Sunday.

Anyone else still waiting?

Yip, still waiting here also. 40+5. Back in next Thursday for sweep and then induction following Saturday if nothing happens. That will be 40+10

Buffin, What are you doing to keep your mind occupied? This waiting is hard going. Afraid to go too far from home just in case.

Got to 41+5 before our daughter joined us last Monday. Not the easiest birth - ended up PROM, induced before emergency C-section - but I wouldn't change a thing. She's just lovely.

Hope everyone is doing well. The aul sleep deprivation is no joke!

Congrats, you must be delighted to have her here safe and sound. You'll get used to the lack of sleep, or more so that you appreciate 3 hours when you can get it! Is this your first?
    We've had a tummy bug make it's way through the house this week 4 out of 5 have now had it, really hoping baby doesn't get it!

Heya, just thinking about you. Did your little one arrive safely? Xx

Thanks a mill. My little boy arrived last week. I was due to be induced but he decided to come on his own the night before! I tried for a natural birth but gave in after 12 hours and got.the epidural. We're both doing great. The lack of sleep is a shock to the system but we're getting there :) hope you're doing well.

Thanks @NFW

It's our first alright. Last night was the first night that didn't feel like total chaos with the breastfeeding.

Hope you all recover quickly and really hope your little one doesn't come down with it! I can't imagine a little thing so small having to contend with that. I'd lose my reason but I suppose she'll be coming down with something and I'll just have to toughen up and stop worrying

It must be tough BF, so many people will say the baby fed all night but then again baby doesn't know night from day. I'm at the stage where there's lots of light up until last feed and then minimal light until morning, but she's 3 weeks and bottle fed.

I feel like when people hear you have 3 kids they're waiting for you to say it's really really hard, it's not.
    I found the baby blues harder than the 3 kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

Yip, still waiting here also. 40+5. Back in next Thursday for sweep and then induction following Saturday if nothing happens. That will be 40+10

Buffin, What are you doing to keep your mind occupied? This waiting is hard going. Afraid to go too far from home just in case.

I had a sweep done at 40+2 and when I got up to put my pants on, my waters broke movie style and my baby was out in a few hours ! Good luck !

Advertisement