Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2019 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

So here are my questions for you ladies. 1. think I'm gone 6.5 weeks - should morning sickness have kicked in by now? when? 2. Bloatedness and cramps are gone for the last week - is this normal? 3. no extreme tiredness, feeling the same as usual- is this normal? 4. last night i coughed during sleep and got a sharp pain in my lower pelvis that it woke me...is this normal? 5. what other foods should we be avoiding other than raw fish and unwashed salads? 6. I rang my GP today to get appointment and the next available date I can get with him is 16th April at which time i will be over 8.5 week - is this late for 1st GP appointment? Loads of other exciting question that i cant think of at the moment.

New to this thread and booiii am i sooo happy to find you all :-) You gals are the first i have actually told so cant wait to share our journeys together. We found out I'm pregnant with our 1st baba who is due on 20th November 2019.

We had been trying for a year and half. Had just started outting the wheels in motion for fertility testing when fell pregnancy naturally. Mixture of emotions when we got the positive result - "Oh my gosh my life is not my own from now on" and on the other hand "super grateful for this little miracle".

I'm so grateful to have found you ladies as I'm feel a little isolated not being able to tell anyone and ask a billion questions. Other half is great but he is very cautious about talking about the baba in detail until 1st scan and make sure everything is ok.

New to this thread and booiii am i sooo happy to find you all :-) You gals are the first i have actually told so cant wait to share our journeys together. We found out I'm pregnant with our 1st baba who is due on 20th November 2019.

We had been trying for a year and half. Had just started outting the wheels in motion for fertility testing when fell pregnancy naturally. Mixture of emotions when we got the positive result - "Oh my gosh my life is not my own from now on" and on the other hand "super grateful for this little miracle".

I'm so grateful to have found you ladies as I'm feel a little isolated not being able to tell anyone and ask a billion questions. Other half is great but he is very cautious about talking about the baba in detail until 1st scan and make sure everything is ok.

So here are my questions for you ladies. 1. think I'm gone 6.5 weeks - should morning sickness have kicked in by now? when? 2. Bloatedness and cramps are gone for the last week - is this normal? 3. no extreme tiredness, feeling the same as usual- is this normal? 4. last night i coughed during sleep and got a sharp pain in my lower pelvis that it woke me...is this normal? 5. what other foods should we be avoiding other than raw fish and unwashed salads? 6. I rang my GP today to get appointment and the next available date I can get with him is 16th April at which time i will be over 8.5 week - is this late for 1st GP appointment? Loads of other exciting question that i cant think of at the moment.

Congratulations! I don't know if there is any 'normal when it comes to early pregnancy symptoms. Everyone is different so I wouldn't read too much into anything. I'm about as far gone as you. My breasts are killing me and I'm horrendously bloated but also probably just fat because all I want to eat is carbs and I'm living off bread which I didn't allow myself very much of prior to the pregnancy!

Some people won't get morning sickness at all. I never did in my last pregnancy. . I have some very mild nausea this time around but nothing major. I am very sensitive to smell at the moment though which is a funny one. I could swear I smelt someone's bad breath from across the room earlier! I am also exhausted. I'm going to bed at 9pm every night and am a write off past 6pm each evening.

On the food front blue cheese is a no as is too much tuna because of mercury I think. Someone told me ice cream out a machine was a no no too.

That does sound quite late for a go appointment to be honest. I can't believe your go couldn't squeeze you in B4 then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Im fairly certain I'm off the November baby train girls. Bleeding and passing clots. Scan this morn and heartbeat was faint. Have deteriorated since then.
    Wishing you all happy pregnancies and healthy babbas. I have two little dotes here to keep me occupied but will still think of all the fun they never had with this little brother or sister.
    God bless x

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

heldel00 wrote: »
    Im fairly certain I'm off the November baby train girls. Bleeding and passing clots. Scan this morn and heartbeat was faint. Have deteriorated since then.
    Wishing you all happy pregnancies and healthy babbas. I have two little dotes here to keep me occupied but will still think of all the fun they never had with this little brother or sister.
    God bless x
    I'm so so sorry to hear this, take care of yourself and take the time to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

God bless x

I’m so sorry. No words. Be kind to your body and mind. Thinking of you. X

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

God bless x

Sorry to hear about this! Look after yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Popping in from Oct. Congrats likestosmile, just ans you question about the lower pelvis pain and yep tis all ok. I remember doing this a few times also, felt like i had snapped something.. It is the ? ligament (cannot for the life of me think of the name of it, sports people suffer from it) but tis all ok anywho, no panic.. And the symptoms do not worry you might get none at all bar the nice ones. Would have been the same no sickness, no tiredness I got very cold that was about it..

So sorry to hear heldl00 i hope ye are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Just popping in for a look I had a November 18 baby best of luck with everything x

Milly33 wrote: »
    Popping in from Oct. Congrats likestosmile, just ans you question about the lower pelvis pain and yep tis all ok. I remember doing this a few times also, felt like i had snapped something.. It is the ? ligament (cannot for the life of me think of the name of it, sports people suffer from it).
    Would have been the same no sickness, no tiredness I got very cold that was about it..

Thanks for the reassurance Milly33. Best of luck in oct. Agree with the coldness - feeling that a bit at the moment. Like forty coats... 😂

How's everyone doing? Convinced I'm beginning to show now at 7 weeks...Anyone else?

I'm bloody huge! I'm actually wearing old maternity jeans today because they are all that is comfy!! This was the same for me the last time. I got so bloated and then when the bloat died down in the 2nd trimester I started to show. Might start showing a little sooner this time as it's 2nd pregnancy. My breasts have also grown massively. It's quite noticeable. I don't know how I'll get away with keeping this a secret for weeks to come!!!

• Advertisement

Bloated alright but think I’m still ok at 6wk 5d thank god. Trying to wear everything I like as much as possible now haha! Got my appt letter for the rotunda today can’t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Bloated alright but think I’m still ok at 6wk 5d thank god. Trying to wear everything I like as much as possible now haha! Got my appt letter for the rotunda today can’t wait!

How soon should I be going to gp? Planning on going semi private in rotunda, should I wait till I see gp or should I contact rotunda directly. I'm due December so feels weird making for appointments with nonasursmce this will stick. Sorry to be hijacking November thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ye are full of chat here, back in from the Oct thread (the ladies there are very quite). Id say make an appointment with your GP as soon as you can. For what i know they send the letter out to the hospital on your behalf... Sure it will get the ball rolling..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ye are full of chat here, back in from the Oct thread (the ladies there are very quite). Id say make an appointment with your GP as soon as you can. For what i know they send the letter out to the hospital on your behalf... Sure it will get the ball rolling..

I've an app for holy Thursday as I have day off work. Dont want to be taling time off work as it will rouse suspicion. Feels like a lifetime away 🀣

cnlbel wrote: »
    How soon should I be going to gp? Planning on going semi private in rotunda, should I wait till I see gp or should I contact rotunda directly. I'm due December so feels weird making for appointments with nonasursmce this will stick. Sorry to be hijacking November thread!

I’m going semi private in the rotunda and once the doctors letter went out they were on pretty quick to set up your appt. they offered an early scan (8 weeks) in place of the 12 week one but as I have one booked for Friday at 7 weeks I opted to go at 12 weeks for my initial appt. also means I should be able to request the harmony test at that point too! There’s no way you can get to the doc any quicker? Fair play for having the patience!

Nerd Queen Are you due around 18th November? I’m just 7 weeks today. Have you been to gp already?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You can ring the Rotunda and book yourself in.Have done it on all three myself.

Nerd Queen Are you due around 18th November? I’m just 7 weeks today. Have you been to gp already?

I’m roughly due 22nd November! I’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Yep I was in the GP at 5+3! No patience here haha! Have you been?

I’m roughly due 22nd November! I’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Yep I was in the GP at 5+3! No patience here haha! Have you been?

We are due two days apart.
    Not been to gp yet, rang on 30th March but couldn’t get an appointment with him until 16th April. Will be nearly 9weeks by then😳

We are due two days apart.
    Not been to gp yet, rang on 30th March but couldn’t get an appointment with him until 16th April. Will be nearly 9weeks by then😳

Wow that’s a big wait for a GP! No way to get in quicker?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I'm due the 18th! Saw my GP last week and I'm in for an early scan with my gynaecologist next Wednesday. Feeling very bloated, as soon as I found out I switched from jeans to jeggings, the elastic waistband is much comfier.

First pregnancy so finding the fatigue and morning sickness pretty tricky, had my first hormonal meltdown yesterday ��

I’m trying to stay in my normal clothes for now! The nausea is constant but I am finding eating little and often helps! Have gone deep into the planning even though I’ve tried not to! Researching prams constantly! I just can help it - I’m a prepper by nature!

Have an early scan tomorrow with the gynae I had been seeing ttc so excited and nervous all in one!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    I’m trying to stay in my normal clothes for now! The nausea is constant but I am finding eating little and often helps! Have gone deep into the planning even though I’ve tried not to! Researching prams constantly! I just can help it - I’m a prepper by nature!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Have an early scan tomorrow with the gynae I had been seeing ttc so excited and nervous all in one!

Best of luck tomorrow!I'm jealous. I have an early Scan booked too but not for 10 days and I can't relax until after that. Let us all know how it goes 😀

Wow that’s a big wait for a GP! No way to get in quicker?

He imwas away for a weeks hols and didn’t want to go to temp doc. His appointments are always soo full and hard to get into but brilliant doctor.

Best of luck with gyny tomorrow. Let us know how it goes and what we should expect.

NicsM wrote: »

First pregnancy so finding the fatigue and morning sickness pretty tricky, had my first hormonal meltdown yesterday ��

Ha! Please do share the hormonal melt down situation and make us all feel normal. I told a man at work he was invading my personal space when he got too close... :-) early pregnancy paranoia is real! :-)

Decided to change my gp app to earky next week. Dont know what I thought I was doing waiting till 18th April. Constantly feeling slightly hungover and severely bloated. The bloating is the worst!

Scan went great - all on track dates wise etc! Really put my mind at ease! Getting another one in 2 weeks with my original gynae again which is great! Then we’ll only have 3 weeks to wait to the rotunda first scan! All so exciting! It’s made it really feel real now!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Scan went great - all on track dates wise etc! Really put my mind at ease! Getting another one in 2 weeks with my original gynae again which is great! Then we’ll only have 3 weeks to wait to the rotunda first scan! All so exciting! It’s made it really feel real now!

Congratulations. That is brilliant news! Were you able to get heartbeat or is it too early for that yet? Is your due date the same as what you had thought?

closifer wrote: »
    Congratulations. That is brilliant news! Were you able to get heartbeat or is it too early for that yet? Is your due date the same as what you had thought?

We were shown the heartbeat flickering away on the screen but we didn’t get to hear it. It was a vaginal ultrasound though so not sure if there was sound capability! Due is in and around the same - the baby was dated at 6+5 but I was told that’s not far off my dates of 7 so keep to that!

• Advertisement

Fantastic. Delighted everything went well for ye. It really does feel like it’s not real yet. I’m sure very emotional in a great way.

Advertisement