Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2019 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pistachio123

Sorry to hear about that Poppy19. I have an early scan tomorrow at 8 weeks and 3 days and I’m so anxious. Don’t think there will be much sleep tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Sorry to hear about that Poppy19. I have an early scan tomorrow at 8 weeks and 3 days and I’m so anxious. Don’t think there will be much sleep tonight!

Have the panorama test tomorrow and a scan so I totally hear you! So anxious! Had a scan at 7 weeks but will be 9+4 tomorrow so anxious to see everything is progressing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy19

Just try to stay positive! It’s out of your hands! Hopefully all will go well. Think the motherhood anxiety of worrying has kicked in already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Having 12 week scan on May 8th and booking into the MLU that day too. Cant wait to tell everyone. I'm not very good at keeping secrets and more people know already than should really. Oh well!

My nausea is gone since the beginning of last week - 9wks but my appetite is still off. I'm eating a lot of fruit and fruit ice-creams like Twisters as they settle my stomach. And craving carbs a lot!

On another note, when will you all tell your employers? Will you get paid mat leave? How long will you take? I haven't decided when to tell yet. We get paid for 6 months and I hope to take it, all the unpaid and as much annual leave as I can. I worked it out to around 50 weeks. Delighted!

Poppy19 wrote: »
    I’m 8w2d. Had awful nausea up to two weeks ago. Had a private scan on Thursday. So it turns out I was carrying twins but one never developer&stopped growing after 6 weeks.

I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm delighted your other little one is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

We had a private scan last Tuesday, great strong heartbeat and we even saw movement. Due date is 23rd of November, my hospital appointment isn't until 22nd of may, I'll be 13+4 which is later than normal for Limerick.
    I was drinking 7-up while I was really nauseous, if I ate too much I'd definitely end up sick, it's just like I'm not able to eat too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Misslambchop - I'm 12 weeks and still haven't experienced any major symptoms. The odd time I forget I'm pregnant as well due to a lack of symptoms! I had a scan at 7 weeks and 10 weeks and both showed everything is fine. I was worried as well but try not to worry too much. I think some women just don't get morning sickness so we're blessed :)

My worries have decreased as time goes by and with each scan that shows everything is okay.

I have other minor symptoms like bloated tummy and of course sore boobs but other than that, everything has gone very smoothly so far. Looking forward to the big 12 week scan soon. Best of luck!

All looked great on the scan! Nausea seems to hopefully easing off a bit! Would really like to get more sleep but hey we can’t have everything lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We have almost the same due date (I'm 22nd) and we are both limerick. We may end up sharing a ward!!

closifer wrote: »
    We have almost the same due date (I'm 22nd) and we are both limerick. We may end up sharing a ward!!

What day is your clinic appointment?

• Advertisement

I'm with a consultant so I don't think I will be in the maternity at all until I'm actually admitted.

So hard not to get too excited and start organizing everything! Doing pram research and looking at cots seems to just be on my brain all the time! Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    So hard not to get too excited and start organizing everything! Doing pram research and looking at cots seems to just be on my brain all the time! Anyone else the same?

We don’t really feel it’s real yet as we have not had our scan yet. It’s scheduled for two weeks when we are 12weeks. Maybe then we might get interested in cots etc.
    anyone else got all day nausea? It is horrible. Paranoid about what and when I eat these days Incase it brings on the sickness. Anyone any tips on controlling the nausea?

Nerd Queen wrote:

I'm the same. I have so much nursery stuff picked out and am just waiting until an acceptable point to start purchasing! And won't really start on clothes until after the 20 week scan as we will find out if it's a boy or girl then and there are only so many neutral items you can buy!

Just trying to get through the days at the moment. I am huge ..so bloated. Starving but nauseous after every meal and every drink and absolutely exhausted. I'm in bed watching a movie with my 5 year old at the moment having gotten in from work about an hour ago. I don't know if, when or how I will be able to drag myself out of the bed. I've been routinely heading to bed after I put him down at 8!!

I find sipping full fat coke really helps with the nausea! Also eating little and often mainly plain things - crackers, grilled cheese sandwiches etc.

The disrupted sleep is killing me! 5 weeks and counting without a decent nights sleep! And no napping either! Coping with the nausea and other symptoms but the lack of sleep is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

Hi everyone:) been stalking the thread for a while but have told most 'real-life' people now so finally feel like I can join in! I'm due early November with my second, and I'll be in Limerick too. I'll be nearly 14 weeks when i get my hospital scan but we had a private one last week which was great for reassurance. Hope these late-ish scans aren't a sign of a very busy November in UMHL🙈🙈🙈

The nausea and tiredness are finally starting to lift here - thank goodness! I found soda water and ginger ale good for the sickness, if that helps anyone...

The nausea and tiredness are killing me! Have a family wedding next Friday, dunno how I'm going to last the day!

CavanGal wrote: »
    The nausea and tiredness are killing me! Have a family wedding next Friday, dunno how I'm going to last the day!

I have a wedding next Friday too and thinking the same thing! Dreading trying to be normal me for the day as opposed to tired, sick me!

Feel your pain girls. I have a hen next weekend and no one at it knows. It's a pub crawl. How I will get through the night I do not know!

• Advertisement

Oh god I think you have it worse with a hen!

Can’t wait for the nausea to go!

I have a wedding next Friday too and thinking the same thing! Dreading trying to be normal me for the day as opposed to tired, sick me!

I wonder if its the same one. I'm going to sneak up to the room for a nap or two if needed.

We hope to tell my husband's family at the wedding, just have to clear it with the bride and groom first. Don't want to be accused of thunder stealing :o It will make the day a lot easier if people know as I won't have to pretend to be drinking or stay too late. Become a boring old person already :D

closifer wrote: »
    Feel your pain girls. I have a hen next weekend and no one at it knows. It's a pub crawl. How I will get through the night I do not know!

Drink sparkling water and pretend its vodka or gin, or zero alcohol beer in a glass. Unless people know, then you don't have to pretend and can go home whenever you like :D

CavanGal wrote:
    Drink sparkling water and pretend its vodka or gin, or zero alcohol beer in a glass. Unless people know, then you don't have to pretend and can go home whenever you like

Sparkling water is my plan alright and I am going to tell the girl I am travelling and sharing a room with so she can cover me a bit too.

The exhaustion and nausea is killing me right now. 10 weeks today and I think it's peaked. I had to make an excuse and leave work at lunchtime today as I literally couldn't bear another second. I came home and ate plain mashed potato for lunch and went to bed until half 6. Still exhausted now! This is seriously debilitating. Is anyone else as completely wrecked as me?

Luckily I seem to be getting a bit of energy back during the day so fatigue isn’t too bad then. Am tired in the evenings alright but a great nights sleep for me atm is 5/6 hours broken across the night! I think that’s causing my lingering tiredness more than anything else

Literally got turned off a whole meal today because the waitress forgot I asked for no salad or anything on the plate and it came out with a salad dripping in dressing - the smell and everything just put me right off! I feel completely ridiculous but I just couldn’t my whole stomach turned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ryan1305

Hi everyone, new to the thread! I'm 13+2 going by the early private scan I had at 8 weeks. In the Coombe this afternoon for out first hospital scan. Excited and nervous!! Due 2nd Nov but have a feeling they'll push me back to end of October today... but I really hope they don't say I'm due any later in November as I'm maid of honour on the 16th!

I've had really bad morning sickness, which has turned into all day sickness a few times. I told all my family quite early due to the excitement of it being our first baby and first grandchild on both sides, also told all my friends after the 8 week scan...can you tell I'm crap at keeping secrets ha! I had my first no sickness day on Friday, and was kind of freaked out that there was something wrong, it's crazy how you get use to feeling sick and take it as a sign that all is okay. But I know every pregnancy is different, I'm the first of my friends to have morning sickness. I found out I was pregnant very early on as my sense of smell went through the roof.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You might want to reconsider the maid of honour thing......or have you agreed to it?If you go over, you could be still in hospital with a newborn on that date!!!Even if it's on time, you will be hard pushed to be up and at a wedding 14 days later.I don't want to say it's impossible but seriously, it's not far off it!!

shesty wrote:
    You might want to reconsider the maid of honour thing......or have you agreed to it?If you go over, you could be still in hospital with a newborn on that date!!!Even if it's on time, you will be hard pushed to be up and at a wedding 14 days later.I don't want to say it's impossible but seriously, it's not far off it!!

This is true! And if for any reason you ended up needing a c section you would be in hospital for 5 night ish and wouldn't be able to be on your feet to that extent a few days later ☹ï¸

I gave her the option of asking someone else but she'd rather wait and see, if I can be there I'll be there and if not she'd rather not have a replacement. She's very easy going about it all as she knew there'd be a possibility I'd be pregnant! We're not gonna stress about it and just see what happens :) It's not a typical Irish wedding it's very low key and the whole day will actually only be a couple of hours!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well at least she's not putting you under pressure!Without wanting to scare you though, you might be better to just say you'll try to attend rather than taking on maid of honour duties......even if you have had the baby, I mean there will still be a good bit of bleeding, you mightn't be able to sit for long, definitely won't be able to stand much, and the exhaustion is epic.(I don't want to overload you with detail!!!) ....to be honest, your body won't be back to normal til at least 3/4 weeks post birth and that's assuming no C-section or other issue during the birth....and it doesn't include the severe exhaustion or breastfeeding.

You would be doing you and her a favour to opt out as maid of honour, from my experience anyway, and my births have been very straightforward.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Well at least she's not putting you under pressure!Without wanting to scare you though, you might be better to just say you'll try to attend rather than taking on maid of honour duties......even if you have had the baby, I mean there will still be a good bit of bleeding, you mightn't be able to sit for long, definitely won't be able to stand much, and the exhaustion is epic.(I don't want to overload you with detail!!!) ....to be honest, your body won't be back to normal til at least 3/4 weeks post birth and that's assuming no C-section or other issue during the birth....and it doesn't include the severe exhaustion or breastfeeding.

You would be doing you and her a favour to opt out as maid of honour, from my experience anyway, and my births have been very straightforward.

Thanks for the advice :)

All non invasive bloods came back with really low risk for everything so delighted! Hows everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tlaslo27

All non invasive bloods came back with really low risk for everything so delighted! Hows everyone else doing?

Was that the panorama test? How long were you waiting on the results? I have mine on Thursday.

I'd def agree on the full sugar coke, I had coke zero and I just got sick so bad.
    This is my third time using Limerick and had such a late appointment, I'll be 13+4, it seems forever away, we've a trip to Disneyland Paris first.

tlaslo27 wrote: »
    Was that the panorama test? How long were you waiting on the results? I have mine on Thursday.

It was the panorama! I was waiting 6 days in total so pretty quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

So how did everyone get on in hen party’s, weddings etc?
    Can anyone suggest any online website with nice maternity daytime dresses? Determined to be a better dressed pregnant woman than non pregnant causally dressed woman. 🀰🻠Tried ASOS but don’t see anything that tickles my fancy. The maternity bra may have to be purchased pretty soon too.

Wedding is tomorrow for me! Am so tired I have no clue how I’m going to last the day haha!

As for clothes I’m afraid I have no idea! I know a friend of mine said Jojo Maman. I’m not a big dress wearer either so have been looking at trousers etc when I do browse! Boohoo, h&m and next seem to have nice maternity stuff.

Wedding is tomorrow for me! Am so tired I have no clue how I’m going to last the day haha!

As for clothes I’m afraid I have no idea! I know a friend of mine said Jojo Maman. I’m not a big dress wearer either so have been looking at trousers etc when I do browse! Boohoo, h&m and next seem to have nice maternity stuff.

Wedding for me tomorrow too. Also quite tired. Wearing a pleated skirt that I hope to use for another wedding at end of June too.

I saw some of the Boohoo clothes recently as a pregnant friend ordered them, the quality wasn't great. I've heard H&M are good especially for jeans.

Top tip: I'm finding Twister ice-creams (or the Aldi version Whirl) great for settling my stomach. They are low cal too especially if you buy the mini ones.

Topshop do good under-bump skinny jeans.Seraphine online are pricey but you can get good jeans from them especially if you need some good pieces of workwear.Dorothy Perkins, New Look also do stuff.Jojomamanbebe are not bad either and H&M are good for tops, their jeans didn't work for me but they suit others.Gap have a good online range and some Penneys have stuff too.Unfortunately most the stuff is online, very few shops have them in-store anymore.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Unfortunately most the stuff is online, very few shops have them in-store anymore.

Yes what is with that? You'd imagine as the economy grows, pregnant ladies would be buying more clothes and so having them in the shops would be good for sales! Bugs me! :o

Hen is Saturday. Dread! I ordered some stuff from boohoo and ended up returning the lot. The quality wasn't great and the sizing was quite skimpy. H&m have nice stuff and actually new look have a good maternity range

Hi all sorry I’ve been a bit quiet! So current update... 10weeks today. Confirmed vanishing twin... it stopped developing at 6w2d. Healthy twin doing well measuring 3cm&strong heartbeat. Doctor in the emergency department has said I’m now in the high risk category& has placed me on medication for the next few weeks. I’m back in 3 weeks to the high risk clinic where they are going to monitor me closely. Overall, feeling wrecked and very nauseous but glad to be coming to the other end of the first trimester. Doctor said that with a vanishing twin that it’s better to happen earlier rather than later on in the pregnancy.

As for the weddings& hens best of luck girls! Enjoy but mind yourself. You could always pretend “you had too much to drink” and take a snooze in a corner 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tlaslo27

It was the panorama! I was waiting 6 days in total so pretty quick!

Thanks for letting me know! 6 days would be great. I had it done today so hopefully Thursday or Friday next week? Even though the girl was telling me that Monday the following week is more realistic.

Enjoy the weddings!

tlaslo27 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know! 6 days would be great. I had it done today so hopefully Thursday or Friday next week? Even though the girl was telling me that Monday the following week is more realistic.

Enjoy the weddings!

Thursday/ Friday I would say with the bank holiday is right! Yes they say 10 days to everyone I was told mine would likely be that long just so people aren’t looking for them too early. It really does put your mind at ease. Did you opt to find out the gender?

Poppy19 wrote:
    Hi all sorry I’ve been a bit quiet! So current update... 10weeks today. Confirmed vanishing twin... it stopped developing at 6w2d. Healthy twin doing well measuring 3cm&strong heartbeat. Doctor in the emergency department has said I’m now in the high risk category& has placed me on medication for the next few weeks. I’m back in 3 weeks to the high risk clinic where they are going to monitor me closely. Overall, feeling wrecked and very nauseous but glad to be coming to the other end of the first trimester. Doctor said that with a vanishing twin that it’s better to happen earlier rather than later on in the pregnancy.

That's so tough. Hope you are getting through all this okay.

Bittersweet but trying to focus on the positives! Was a bit worried about the medication but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Fingers crossed for more good news in two weeks at the 12 week scan! Hope you are keeping well yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sparkles2017

Hi all,
    I’m due in November too. Had a private scan at 10 weeks and the official scan this week so due the 11th. This is my second pregnancy, my little girl is 17months and will just be turning two when the new baba arrives!
    The exhaustion was worse this time as I came home from work to a toddler. Last time I was able to have a nice little nap for myself!
    I was really sick from week 6-10! It’s passing a bit now but still get quite nauseous a lot.
    At my booking appointment they were a little concerned that my blood pressure was elevated and want to put me on aspirin. Has anyone been on that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sparkles2017

On regards to maternity jeans I found the Freddie Maternity jeans the best by a mile! I think I bought at least 10 different types on my last pregnancy and in the end I just lived in my Freddie’s. They have like a silicone strip at the back to stop them falling down.

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »
    Yes what is with that? You'd imagine as the economy grows, pregnant ladies would be buying more clothes and so having them in the shops would be good for sales! Bugs me! :o

I have no idea!Worse, before I had my first I seemed to regularly find myself in maternity sections in shops and get annoyed, and when I was pregnant with her and went looking, there was practically nothing in the shops (and that was only 2014).By the time my third came along, I didn't bother trying shops anymore, just mostly went online.Really annoying for trousers though.

Advertisement