Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2019 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Going to the states in June on hol so hoping to hold out and see can I pick up some stuff there for myself! Defo gonna pick up a few bits for baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

The nausea has gone to whole new level of vomiting this week. Getting very hard to hid it from close family. Choosing to be a hermit at home...the fear is real.! How’s everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Poppy19

The nausea has gone to whole new level of vomiting this week. Getting very hard to hid it from close family. Choosing to be a hermit at home...the fear is real.! How’s everyone doing?

Oh no!!!! I feel for you! I had that on my first pregnancy! Not good! Found myself craving loads of salt& picked stuff from it cos I was losing so many natural salts from my body! Have you tried the travel sickness bands? I’ve been wearing them this time and while I’m still nauseous I’m not vomiting. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence or not but def worth a try!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Going to the states in Jurne on hol so hoping to hold out and see can I pick up some stuff there for myself! Defo gonna pick up a few bits for baby!

Buy big for baby!!American kids clothes are bizarrely small, like 6-9 months will fit a 6 month old for a bit and that's it.Also keep an eye to the seasons in relation to the sizes you buy, no point buying shorts for the age they wil be in December!!

Enjoy your holiday though...jealous!

shesty wrote: »
    Buy big for baby!!American kids clothes are bizarrely small, like 6-9 months will fit a 6 month old for a bit and that's it.Also keep an eye to the seasons in relation to the sizes you buy, no point buying shorts for the age they wil be in December!!

Enjoy your holiday though...jealous!

Oh defo I've bought clothes for various other kids over there so been burned by the sizing so prepared already for it. Great tip though!

I'm more hoping to pick up some nice stuff for myself! Really looking forward to the break tbh. And its turning out to be an ideal last couples only big holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 NashD

Hi All,

Just found this thread - I'm 13+4 today and due November 8th.
    I had my booking scan in the Rotunda last Friday morning and all is well - I'm going semi-private.
    Also had an early scan at 9 weeks as I have had two losses just prior to this pregnancy.
    Still not really believing I'm pregnant - except I'm literally exhausted all the time :p
    Hoping we all have a healthy pregnancy going forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I might as well add my spake here.

13 weeks on Friday coming with number 2.
    Had the NIPT two weeks ago and all good and on track.
    Due November 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hi all,
    I’m due in November too. Had a private scan at 10 weeks and the official scan this week so due the 11th. This is my second pregnancy, my little girl is 17months and will just be turning two when the new baba arrives!
    The exhaustion was worse this time as I came home from work to a toddler. Last time I was able to have a nice little nap for myself!
    I was really sick from week 6-10! It’s passing a bit now but still get quite nauseous a lot.
    At my booking appointment they were a little concerned that my blood pressure was elevated and want to put me on aspirin. Has anyone been on that before?

On my first pregnancy my blood pressure was always up so on the second it was slightly raised at the start and they were putting me on aspirin but the doctor must have forgotten, I was nearly due and a doctor asked was I taking my aspirin and I told her nobody told me to. My blood pressure was only ever up in the hospital and never with the gp, I was kept in once after that I more or less begged to get out, I even had to come back on a Saturday to have my blood pressure checked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

Wedding went well. I escaped for a nap between the meal and first dance and went to bed at 1ish which I was quite impressed with. I was grand food-wise, didn't have any aversions for once! We told my husband's family at the wedding and got an amazing response. Also found out his cousin's wife is due 8 days before me which is wonderful news.

I'm 12+3 today and had my 12 week scan. All measuring normally and heard the heartbeat which was lovely and strong. It was a special moment. DD is November 17th. Met one of the midwives in the MLU and got booked in so all is going to plan. I'm very excited and its finally sinking in. We've told almost everyone now I think. Just work left so will do that Monday.

I think I might hit Liffey Valley next weekend. A mum friend recommended the H&M there for a good big selection so Ill let yas know how I get on.

Hope everything is going well for you all

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all

Wedding went well. I escaped for a nap between the meal and first dance and went to bed at 1ish which I was quite impressed with. I was grand food-wise, didn't have any aversions for once! We told my husband's family at the wedding and got an amazing response. Also found out his cousin's wife is due 8 days before me which is wonderful news.

I'm 12+3 today and had my 12 week scan. All measuring normally and heard the heartbeat which was lovely and strong. It was a special moment. DD is November 17th. Met one of the midwives in the MLU and got booked in so all is going to plan. I'm very excited and its finally sinking in. We've told almost everyone now I think. Just work left so will do that Monday.

I think I might hit Liffey Valley next weekend. A mum friend recommended the H&M there for a good big selection so Ill let yas know how I get on.

Hope everything is going well for you all

Nice one! That’s great all went well! Congrats on DD! Have my appt tomorrow at 11+4 can’t wait! Then we can finally start telling people - have only told a handful!

Yes my sis in law swears by the h&m in Liffey valley - they do have a decent section instore. Completely forgot til you mentioned it.

• Advertisement

Had our first hospital appt today! Very active baby all looks well! So we are telling most people now and i’ll announce it in work tomorrow. I’ll be 12 weeks exactly then so happy days! Feels real now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daisy15

Hi All, I have been a follower of the thread and now that most family and friends know I want to get involved!

I am 13 +5, and have been feeling very dizzy and faint lately, I ended up fainting on a crowded and warm dart this morning which was quite frightening- just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like this?

I am going to the doctor this evening to get reassurance that it was just my blood pressure and all is well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, I had that on my second. It turned out that my blood pressure and my iron levels were just slightly low and the two combined resulted in the dizziness. They didn't actually tell me til 28 weeks though. Definitely say it to your doctor - I was commuting on rush hour trains during that pregnancy and had a lot of dizzy spells, ended up transferring to using my car and doing a mad commute as a result, but it was the only way to stop myself passing out on the trains. Don't take iron tablets without medical recommendation during pregnancy though, so check with your doctor first. I don't know where you board, but try to get a seat - if needed ask someone to move. I started to stick my neck out a lot more and just outright ask people, as that pregnancy went on, because people would leave you standing for 40+ mins without a thought, even if you were 9 months pregnant.

How’s everyone getting on? Hoping the nausea will start to ease off this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Nerd Queen wrote:
    How’s everyone getting on? Hoping the nausea will start to ease off this week!

I've been particularly nauseous and tired this weekend which was annoying as I was hoping it would start to lift. We have our 2nd scan tomorrow eve. I'll be 12w3days and consultant wanted us to wait until after that scan to tell people so all going well we will be telling our son tomorrow evening which is exciting. Just our parents know at this point.

closifer wrote: »
    I've been particularly nauseous and tired this weekend which was annoying as I was hoping it would start to lift. We have our 2nd scan tomorrow eve. I'll be 12w3days and consultant wanted us to wait until after that scan to tell people so all going well we will be telling our son tomorrow evening which is exciting. Just our parents know at this point.

Same here with the nausea and tiredness! Best of luck with the second scan! It will be so exciting to tell your son! We had kept it to a pretty small group but once we had our scan we just let it out of the bag! Was too exciting not to!

Daisy15 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have been a follower of the thread and now that most family and friends know I want to get involved!

I am 13 +5, and have been feeling very dizzy and faint lately, I ended up fainting on a crowded and warm dart this morning which was quite frightening- just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like this?

I am going to the doctor this evening to get reassurance that it was just my blood pressure and all is well.

How did you get on at the doctor?

I commuted on the Dart on my last pregnancy and found if I didn't eat before getting on it I fainted/got dizzy.
    If I felt anyway unwell I would just ask someone for their seat. I'd explain I was only going to Connolly and they could have it back. In fairness no-one ever refused me a seat once I asked.

I've defnitely started feeling better in the last week - I even jumped out of bed this morning to get to work early. Fingers crossed this continues!

We have a reassurance scan this weekend coming privately. I just want a chance for a proper look at bubba as at both our scans the hospital checked for a heart beat, did a quick measure and was done. I know that's a good thing but I always feel like I've dreamt it or something until I can feel baby move myself!!!!

Thought I’d feel better by now but been nauseous and violently sick for the last few weeks. I’m 13weeks today.

We had our 1st scan last week at 12+2. Wow....what a special moment. Seeing our little baba for the first time was so emotional. Hearing the heartbeat was the most content moment I’ve ever had. Just me, my other half and baba. The most special moment to date.

How are you guys telling work? Boss first and then let it trickle?

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling any better yet!

The ladies on my team knew first as I had a history of miscarriages that they have helped me through. I told my boss a couple of days after my scan and everyone else will figure it out! Supposedly I'm already showing (I have additional weight on which isn't helping) so I figure it won't be long before it's obvious.

• Advertisement

Anyone feeling any flutters?? It's early. I'm 13 weeks but really started to be convinced over the last few days that there is a pattern. Definitely didn't feel movement last time round this early but they say you feel it earlier the second time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I think so. I felt movement at 16 weeks last time with an anterior placenta. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and can feel tickles when I lie still for a while.

I'm not 100% confident it's baby vs gas/imagination yet but I'm getting there.

Glad it's not just me. Baby is the size of a lemon now apparently so it seems possible!!

I wish this sickness would just go away, although I'm starting to wonder if it's bread causing it! Have my hospital appointment weds, I'll be 13+4. Come night time I'm absolutely exhausted. We used our Doppler the other day to hear the heartbeat

I wish this sickness would just go away, although I'm starting to wonder if it's bread causing it! Have my hospital appointment weds, I'll be 13+4. Come night time I'm absolutely exhausted. We used our Doppler the other day to hear the heartbeat

I’m 13+3 and I’ve finally started coming out of the nausea but I can empathize! The exhaustion in the evening is real!

My nausea hasn't improved and the tiredness is worsening. I need this much talked about energy boost and fast! New farmers wife did you buy a Doppler?

closifer wrote: »
    My nausea hasn't improved and the tiredness is worsening. I need this much talked about energy boost and fast! New farmers wife did you buy a Doppler?

I bought a second hand Doppler on my first pregnancy. They're great when you can find tin heartbeat but so awful when you can't, you end up nearly in a state with worry. My husband is usually pretty good at finding it.

I had my hospital appointment yesterday, scanned 8 days ahead so I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, it was a great boost!

Knocking 8 days off I’m jealous!!!! Glad all went well though! I am trying to restrain myself from starting to organise everything now - I’m such a type A that I am finding it difficult not to just get things done!

• Advertisement

I had my hospital appointment yesterday, scanned 8 days ahead so I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, it was a great boost!

You lucky thing!! I'm struggling with how I'll make it to November!!!

I'm finding this period hard now. Had a scan 2 weeks ago but no more scans til July 8th. I find them reassuring!!

Aw I'm really finding it hard to get week to week. November is so far away.

I feel really tired and no real appetite for anything - but I'm not sick. Just not in the mood for anything.

People keep gushing at me about me being pregnant and I feel a bit guilty for not being the one gushing, but I don't really want to talk about it!
    I just want to get to November and get baby here....

Yeah life and soul of the party here.... TGIF

What a lovely surprise..... is that 1st or second scan for you?

What a lovely surprise..... is that 1st or second scan for you?

That's the second, we had a private scan at 8 weeks then last week was the hospital scan. I don't get another one until 31 weeks! That's a long time to wait.
    I think I'm definitely more tired the last few days. Today I was wondering if I was feeling movement, like little bubbles.
    I don't think we'll pay for the anomaly scan

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

That's the second, we had a private scan at 8 weeks then last week was the hospital scan. I don't get another one until 31 weeks! That's a long time to wait.
    I think I'm definitely more tired the last few days. Today I was wondering if I was feeling movement, like little bubbles.
    I don't think we'll pay for the anomaly scan

The anomaly scan is so important. It’s a disgrace that it’s not offered everywhere for free but if you can afford it, I would urge you to do it. From the point of view that if anything showed up, both you and the baby would benefit from extra monitoring and also in case the baby needed extra hands on deck at the birth or right after (say in the case of a heart condition for example).

The anomaly scan is so important. It’s a disgrace that it’s not offered everywhere for free but if you can afford it, I would urge you to do it. From the point of view that if anything showed up, both you and the baby would benefit from extra monitoring and also in case the baby needed extra hands on deck at the birth or right after (say in the case of a heart condition for example).

Do the public system offer the anomaly scan to everyone and at what stage of pregnancy is this done? 20weeks? We have scan at 17weeks can this be done then?

• Advertisement

Do the public system offer the anomaly scan to everyone and at what stage of pregnancy is this done? 20weeks? We have scan at 17weeks can this be done then?

Almost all hospitals offer them as part of your maternity care.But I believe there are some (maybe Kerry, and Cork for a while last year?) that do not offer them as standard, which is shocking to be honest.It's done at 20-24 weeks, apparently after 24 weeks is not really possibly because the baby grows and prevents them seeing everything they need to (don't ask me how).They check that the organs are forming correctly and they are where they should be, the structure of the heart, that all the elements of it are fully formed and correct and the brain, size, fluid etc, and limbs, skull and spine -lengths, formation etc.Other stuff too I am sure, but that's the main feedback I have had in those scans.I would absolutely pay for it if it is not part of your hospital schedule.There could be nothing wrong, but if there is,you and the medical staff need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

No 17 weeks is too early as baby isn’t big enough. I don’t think it’s offered in Portiuncla or Mullingar for free. It’s a longer scan than the normal ones.

It's not done in Limerick, and possibly not done in portlaoise but I'm not 100% sure on that, friends of ours paid to have it done while attending portlaoise. This is my third pregnancy and I've never had it done. It's usually done around 20-24 weeks. It's €165 to have it done privately with ultrasound dimensions in blackrock.

How is everyone doing? Nausea seems to have finally passed but nasal congestion has kicked in big time particularly at night! Headaches rampant too! Not sure about the energy boost kicking in yet though I'm on hols jet lagged so body is all over the shop! Still no appetite really - eating small and often as best I can force myself.

How is everyone doing? Nausea seems to have finally passed but nasal congestion has kicked in big time particularly at night! Headaches rampant too! Not sure about the energy boost kicking in yet though I'm on hols jet lagged so body is all over the shop! Still no appetite really - eating small and often as best I can force myself.

I hear you Nerd queen. At 16+3 I thought I was past the sickness. However it came back with a bang this morning again. Have had a bad headache for the last two day. Wonder are the two linked? Any ideas what causing the headaches?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I was eagerly awaiting the energy boost but no sign yet....

I'm 16+2 and just feeling slow, I've barely begun to show. Having lots of headaches too! Thought I wasn't drinking enough water but I'm pouring it into me and no better. My appetite has disappeared again, it's quite frustrating!

The headaches are common I think it’s hormones causing em! I’m 16w today and I’d just love a bit of an appetite! Have started to show a bit but it’s mostly in tight fitting clothes! Had hoped for the famed energy boost but not sure I’m eating enough to get it ha. Is food unappealing completely to you guys too? I literally could have anything I want and nope nothing forcing myself to eat starters or small plate portions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I hear yas. I'm 16+5 today and in the same boat. No energy, no interest in food unless its rubbish and still the odd unexpected puke in the morning where all my breakfast comes back up and I feel exhausted and rubbish for the day.

I have a bit of a bump in gym leggings. Wore jeans to work yesterday and had to open the button after a few hours. That was awkward in the office :D I'm going on hols tomorrow for a week and I've packed maternity and loose clothes. Need to be comfortable on holidays :) Cant wait for the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Hey,

Wanted to join you all, I'm just 17 weeks today! Had desperate morning sickness that just wasn't getting better until I ended up in Holles St getting fluids. They gave me a prescription for a morning sickness drug that has made everything 1000 times better. Still sick every few days, but generally keeping stuff down now far more than I had in ages. Just wanted to say that there are things out there that can help for anyone still sick. I didn't even know there was anything to ask for doctor for!

Hoping that it all picks up soon anyways, November feels like years away!!

buffin wrote: »
    Hey,

Wanted to join you all, I'm just 17 weeks today! Had desperate morning sickness that just wasn't getting better until I ended up in Holles St getting fluids. They gave me a prescription for a morning sickness drug that has made everything 1000 times better. Still sick every few days, but generally keeping stuff down now far more than I had in ages. Just wanted to say that there are things out there that can help for anyone still sick. I didn't even know there was anything to ask for doctor for!

Hoping that it all picks up soon anyways, November feels like years away!!

November really does feel like ages away. Picked up some great bargains for bubs over here in the states! The little clothes are so cute! But got bottles, burping cloths and blankets too. It’s a damn pity we can’t get the bulk boxes of nappies or wipes home they are so much cheaper!! I just can’t help but start to organise!

Fell maybe 19inches off a seat on to the very backside of my ass - laughed then spent the rest of the evening and night freaking out! Then realized I’m still peeing every 5 mins and the round ligament ‘pains’ are rampant around 17w which I’m at so that’s what I'm feeling. No bleeding or odd discharge. But by Jesus I’ve never worried so much over small things

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Yeah, I find it odd how much I worry now. Normally I'd miss a meal, fall on my arse, cycle in Dublin traffic and just kind of get on with it. Suddenly since it's not just me I've started being so much more careful! Sure you're completely fine, but I know the feeling!

We had our 1st scan (2nd overall) in the public system last week@17+1. Everything went good. Getting anomoly scan at 22week. It really put mind at ease meeting mid wives and consultant. All so lovely.
    Totally know what you mean about thinking about everything now that I’ve a little person on board. Usually pull and drag things in garden, work house. Now I won’t even lift over 10pages at work! 😂
    Anyone else getting sick with even the lightest bit of exercise? Crossing the road!!!
    Anyone feeling kicks yet? None here so far @ 17+5

We had our 1st scan (2nd overall) in the public system last week@17+1. Everything went good. Getting anomoly scan at 22week. It really put mind at ease meeting mid wives and consultant. All so lovely.
    Totally know what you mean about thinking about everything now that I’ve a little person on board. Usually pull and drag things in garden, work house. Now I won’t even lift over 10pages at work! 😂
    Anyone else getting sick with even the lightest bit of exercise? Crossing the road!!!
    Anyone feeling kicks yet? None here so far @ 17+5

Nothing yet at 17+4 - well nothing I’m definite on lol! Not back in to hospital til July for the anomaly scan at 21 weeks!

How’s everyone doing? Still no appetite and loosing weight here so into the dietician next week to try get some help! But have been extremely productive in getting things organized!

• Advertisement
Advertisement