Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2019 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 NashD

Aw I'm really finding it hard to get week to week. November is so far away.

I feel really tired and no real appetite for anything - but I'm not sick. Just not in the mood for anything.

People keep gushing at me about me being pregnant and I feel a bit guilty for not being the one gushing, but I don't really want to talk about it!
    I just want to get to November and get baby here....

Yeah life and soul of the party here.... TGIF

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

I had my hospital appointment yesterday, scanned 8 days ahead so I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, it was a great boost!

What a lovely surprise..... is that 1st or second scan for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

What a lovely surprise..... is that 1st or second scan for you?

That's the second, we had a private scan at 8 weeks then last week was the hospital scan. I don't get another one until 31 weeks! That's a long time to wait.
    I think I'm definitely more tired the last few days. Today I was wondering if I was feeling movement, like little bubbles.
    I don't think we'll pay for the anomaly scan

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

That's the second, we had a private scan at 8 weeks then last week was the hospital scan. I don't get another one until 31 weeks! That's a long time to wait.
    I think I'm definitely more tired the last few days. Today I was wondering if I was feeling movement, like little bubbles.
    I don't think we'll pay for the anomaly scan

The anomaly scan is so important. It’s a disgrace that it’s not offered everywhere for free but if you can afford it, I would urge you to do it. From the point of view that if anything showed up, both you and the baby would benefit from extra monitoring and also in case the baby needed extra hands on deck at the birth or right after (say in the case of a heart condition for example).

The anomaly scan is so important. It’s a disgrace that it’s not offered everywhere for free but if you can afford it, I would urge you to do it. From the point of view that if anything showed up, both you and the baby would benefit from extra monitoring and also in case the baby needed extra hands on deck at the birth or right after (say in the case of a heart condition for example).

Do the public system offer the anomaly scan to everyone and at what stage of pregnancy is this done? 20weeks? We have scan at 17weeks can this be done then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Do the public system offer the anomaly scan to everyone and at what stage of pregnancy is this done? 20weeks? We have scan at 17weeks can this be done then?

Almost all hospitals offer them as part of your maternity care.But I believe there are some (maybe Kerry, and Cork for a while last year?) that do not offer them as standard, which is shocking to be honest.It's done at 20-24 weeks, apparently after 24 weeks is not really possibly because the baby grows and prevents them seeing everything they need to (don't ask me how).They check that the organs are forming correctly and they are where they should be, the structure of the heart, that all the elements of it are fully formed and correct and the brain, size, fluid etc, and limbs, skull and spine -lengths, formation etc.Other stuff too I am sure, but that's the main feedback I have had in those scans.I would absolutely pay for it if it is not part of your hospital schedule.There could be nothing wrong, but if there is,you and the medical staff need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

No 17 weeks is too early as baby isn’t big enough. I don’t think it’s offered in Portiuncla or Mullingar for free. It’s a longer scan than the normal ones.

It's not done in Limerick, and possibly not done in portlaoise but I'm not 100% sure on that, friends of ours paid to have it done while attending portlaoise. This is my third pregnancy and I've never had it done. It's usually done around 20-24 weeks. It's €165 to have it done privately with ultrasound dimensions in blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

How is everyone doing? Nausea seems to have finally passed but nasal congestion has kicked in big time particularly at night! Headaches rampant too! Not sure about the energy boost kicking in yet though I'm on hols jet lagged so body is all over the shop! Still no appetite really - eating small and often as best I can force myself.

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? Nausea seems to have finally passed but nasal congestion has kicked in big time particularly at night! Headaches rampant too! Not sure about the energy boost kicking in yet though I'm on hols jet lagged so body is all over the shop! Still no appetite really - eating small and often as best I can force myself.

I hear you Nerd queen. At 16+3 I thought I was past the sickness. However it came back with a bang this morning again. Have had a bad headache for the last two day. Wonder are the two linked? Any ideas what causing the headaches?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I was eagerly awaiting the energy boost but no sign yet....

I'm 16+2 and just feeling slow, I've barely begun to show. Having lots of headaches too! Thought I wasn't drinking enough water but I'm pouring it into me and no better. My appetite has disappeared again, it's quite frustrating!

The headaches are common I think it’s hormones causing em! I’m 16w today and I’d just love a bit of an appetite! Have started to show a bit but it’s mostly in tight fitting clothes! Had hoped for the famed energy boost but not sure I’m eating enough to get it ha. Is food unappealing completely to you guys too? I literally could have anything I want and nope nothing forcing myself to eat starters or small plate portions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I hear yas. I'm 16+5 today and in the same boat. No energy, no interest in food unless its rubbish and still the odd unexpected puke in the morning where all my breakfast comes back up and I feel exhausted and rubbish for the day.

I have a bit of a bump in gym leggings. Wore jeans to work yesterday and had to open the button after a few hours. That was awkward in the office :D I'm going on hols tomorrow for a week and I've packed maternity and loose clothes. Need to be comfortable on holidays :) Cant wait for the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Hey,

Wanted to join you all, I'm just 17 weeks today! Had desperate morning sickness that just wasn't getting better until I ended up in Holles St getting fluids. They gave me a prescription for a morning sickness drug that has made everything 1000 times better. Still sick every few days, but generally keeping stuff down now far more than I had in ages. Just wanted to say that there are things out there that can help for anyone still sick. I didn't even know there was anything to ask for doctor for!

Hoping that it all picks up soon anyways, November feels like years away!!

buffin wrote: »
    Hey,

Wanted to join you all, I'm just 17 weeks today! Had desperate morning sickness that just wasn't getting better until I ended up in Holles St getting fluids. They gave me a prescription for a morning sickness drug that has made everything 1000 times better. Still sick every few days, but generally keeping stuff down now far more than I had in ages. Just wanted to say that there are things out there that can help for anyone still sick. I didn't even know there was anything to ask for doctor for!

Hoping that it all picks up soon anyways, November feels like years away!!

November really does feel like ages away. Picked up some great bargains for bubs over here in the states! The little clothes are so cute! But got bottles, burping cloths and blankets too. It’s a damn pity we can’t get the bulk boxes of nappies or wipes home they are so much cheaper!! I just can’t help but start to organise!

Fell maybe 19inches off a seat on to the very backside of my ass - laughed then spent the rest of the evening and night freaking out! Then realized I’m still peeing every 5 mins and the round ligament ‘pains’ are rampant around 17w which I’m at so that’s what I'm feeling. No bleeding or odd discharge. But by Jesus I’ve never worried so much over small things

Yeah, I find it odd how much I worry now. Normally I'd miss a meal, fall on my arse, cycle in Dublin traffic and just kind of get on with it. Suddenly since it's not just me I've started being so much more careful! Sure you're completely fine, but I know the feeling!

We had our 1st scan (2nd overall) in the public system last week@17+1. Everything went good. Getting anomoly scan at 22week. It really put mind at ease meeting mid wives and consultant. All so lovely.
    Totally know what you mean about thinking about everything now that I’ve a little person on board. Usually pull and drag things in garden, work house. Now I won’t even lift over 10pages at work! 😂
    Anyone else getting sick with even the lightest bit of exercise? Crossing the road!!!
    Anyone feeling kicks yet? None here so far @ 17+5

We had our 1st scan (2nd overall) in the public system last week@17+1. Everything went good. Getting anomoly scan at 22week. It really put mind at ease meeting mid wives and consultant. All so lovely.
    Totally know what you mean about thinking about everything now that I’ve a little person on board. Usually pull and drag things in garden, work house. Now I won’t even lift over 10pages at work! 😂
    Anyone else getting sick with even the lightest bit of exercise? Crossing the road!!!
    Anyone feeling kicks yet? None here so far @ 17+5

Nothing yet at 17+4 - well nothing I’m definite on lol! Not back in to hospital til July for the anomaly scan at 21 weeks!

How’s everyone doing? Still no appetite and loosing weight here so into the dietician next week to try get some help! But have been extremely productive in getting things organized!

• Advertisement

How’s everyone doing? Still no appetite and loosing weight here so into the dietician next week to try get some help! But have been extremely productive in getting things organized!

Sorry to hear this. Hope your appetite comes back soon.
    On the other hand I feel like I’ve suddenly become a pregnant lady over the last 4 days. Bump has seriously doubled in size and I’m beginning to waddle!! Still totally unproductive at organizing baba things. Feel like it’s ages away yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sparkles2017

I’m 20+1 today. I keep getting really severe headaches and vomiting with them so I’m back at the clinic today. They’re keeping an eye on my blood pressure as it went up on my last pregnancy towards the end and then sky rocketed after I had the baby. I’m on aspirin to see will that help this time around. The tiredness has finally passed but I wouldn’t say I’m full of energy I just don’t feel the need to nap anymore in the afternoon!

I’m 20+1 today. I keep getting really severe headaches and vomiting with them so I’m back at the clinic today. They’re keeping an eye on my blood pressure as it went up on my last pregnancy towards the end and then sky rocketed after I had the baby. I’m on aspirin to see will that help this time around. The tiredness has finally passed but I wouldn’t say I’m full of energy I just don’t feel the need to nap anymore in the afternoon!

Hopefully your feeling a bit better. It’s a bloody long wait between 12 weeks and 21 weeks for any sort of check up or scan. Particularly as I’m not really feeling movement yet so it’s a case of assuming all is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I feel the exact same, it's such a long wait between the scans. I'm 20 weeks + 1 day as well and no movements yet. Keep having to reassure myself that all is well. Can't wait for the big scan next week :) and can't wait for the first kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I’ve a Doppler which really helped me from week 13-18, the odd little listen every 4 days or so was great. Getting fairly regular kicks these days so it’s been put away.

19 weeks now and it’s flying by. Half way to maternity leave �� This pregnancy has been fairly easy so far, definitely easier than with my son. Scan in two weeks and then I’ll start getting stuff sorted.

I can even tell if I'm feeling any movement - the amount of new weird feelings around that area between ligament pains and gas ;/ but assuming all is ok. 20 week scan next week which will be good hopefully.

@sparkles2017 I'm the opposite of you, super low blood pressure. The Doctor advised me not to stand still too long or I'll just faint. Trying to plan getting to and from work to get seats is tricky and I'm not showing at all really yet, plus can't imagine I'd be getting a seat anyways!

How's everyone doing with the hot weather? I swear I've never wished for cloud more and I'm not even in the warmest areas!

I had gp check up today at 20 weeks, all was fine, blood pressure especially, back in 4 weeks. I got the whooping cough vaccine today too.
    I think to most of the nausea has eased but the tiredness has kicked in now. I've not had any definite movement yet but I think I just got caught up in thinking I might feel movement earlier this time. Another 11 weeks before we have a scan! First one was 13+4

I wish my nausea had eased - still taking Cariban to help, and even with that still getting sick sometimes. Most recently down a lane at 8.30am on my way to work :( Think it's adding to my tiredness too, but wouldn't be managing without it.

Got the whooping cough vaccine last week, nice sore arm after, but glad it's another thing done. Though I felt extra tired for a couple of days after, so take it easy @NewFarmersWife :)

Feel like I'm just moaning now, sure all will be worth it!

Good to know re whooping cough vaccine. Booked my 24 week appt today to have it done while in with gp for unrelated visit. He was reluctant to give it while I was in today as I was just the 19 weeks said it was ok for me to wait til 24.

Loved the heat today I must admit- very sad the sun vanished on my way home! Hospital in 13 days for big scan - dying for it!!! Really want to see baba and know everything is alright!

• Advertisement

That's weird, I got it at 18 weeks when I was in for my check up anyway and my doctor said that was perfect. I'd say it's grand either timeframe! Hopefully won't wreck you as much as it did me, but no harm to be prepared to take it extra easy for a couple of days.

Same on waiting for the big scan, the sooner the better to know everything is ok!!

Advertisement