Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification text not being received while abraod

Options
  • 19-03-2019 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am a bank of Ireland customer, currently abroad in Argentina. I am looking to purchase plane tickets online as well as transfer money to someone else through banking 365. When I attempt to do either of these things I am told that I have been sent a verification text message containing a code. Unfortunately, I am yet to receive any message, despite my multitude of attempts to complete my transactions. 

Is it possible to get a verification email instead? I have received similar emails when using ATMs while on my travels and this way I will be able to receive the codes I need.

If you could shed light on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Luke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

ELNinoLuke wrote: »
    Hi, I am a bank of Ireland customer, currently abroad in Argentina. I am looking to purchase plane tickets online as well as transfer money to someone else through banking 365. When I attempt to do either of these things I am told that I have been sent a verification text message containing a code. Unfortunately, I am yet to receive any message, despite my multitude of attempts to complete my transactions. 

Is it possible to get a verification email instead? I have received similar emails when using ATMs while on my travels and this way I will be able to receive the codes I need.

If you could shed light on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Luke.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

Firstly we would recommend that you ensure that the correct mobile number is registered to your account. To check this please log into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Manage Accounts and Amend my mobile number.

If the correct mobile number is registered we would advise that you ensure you have signal on your mobile device and that your network provider has not blocked service messages from reaching you.

Alternatively if you are experiencing difficulty with making a purchase online we would recommend that you contact our Verified By Visa Team on 00353 1 2500370 ( from abroad) and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks , Jen.

Advertisement