Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct mount brakes

Options
  • 19-03-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

Do direct-mount (rim, roadbike) brakes only go on a direct mount frame / fork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

fat bloke wrote: »
    Do direct-mount (rim, roadbike) brakes only go on a direct mount frame / fork?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

But...but...that's not the answer I wanted!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

fat bloke wrote: »
    But...but...that's not the answer I wanted!! :(:(:(

direct mount frames not that common yet. pity as they are meant to be cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Direct mount rear brakes, which are situated under the bottom bracket, are the invention of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Direct mount rear brakes, which are situated under the bottom bracket, are the invention of the devil.

I had that on my Scott Solace, no issues at all. What issue did you have? I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new frame to build in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I had that on my Scott Solace, no issues at all. What issue did you have? I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new frame to build in the summer

Dirt and muck magnet and a pain to adjust.
    And they don't work that well in the wet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Dirt and muck magnet and a pain to adjust.
    And they don't work that well in the wet

Mine works well in the wet, but agree that it gets very dirty. The latch to open it for wheel changes is also next to it under the BB, so it gets full of crap and is very hard to open. Not the best part of my bike!

Advertisement