Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used car advice

Options
  • 19-03-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'm currently driving a 8 Saab 93 daysul and im looking to switch back to petrol. My distance to work is about 13km one way and maybe a bit around town every few days.
    dont want an auto or some small car

I like the 08 BMW 318s but reading online issues with coil packs. Kind of putting me off one.
    The other car id like is the Honda civic 1.8 which should be reliable but not sure what it would be like on country roads.

I'm not sure any other options where im not screwed in tax but has decent fuel economy

Budget would be 5k
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Gonad wrote: »

I cant afford that and i doubt i could get it down to 5k for a 2011 car

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

I cant afford that and i doubt i could get it down to 5k for a 2011 car

Listen if that was my car and you turned up with cash I’d take your hand off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Civic 1.8 is quite good on country roads, it’s low speed urban roads it doesn’t particularly like.
    That’s the hatchback. The saloon is more settled but has higher tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Civic 1.8 is quite good on country roads, it’s low speed urban roads it doesn’t particularly like.
    That’s the hatchback. The saloon is more settled but has higher tax

the roads im on are fairly bumpy roads. What sold me on the Saab was the ride comfort. Had a 03 318ci for 3 months and i was shaken about in the car, was fun car but not a daily for me on them roads.
    I drove the type s civic last year, cracking car, great fun but it was on roads as smooth as silk so im just unsure how it will get on with the bumpy roads.

My next question would be, is there any difference, apart from tax between a regular civic hatch v civic type S
    Both seem to have same engines but different tax
    Is there any differences in power or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Suspension on the Type S would be more firm, they also tend to have larger wheels with lower profile tyres. These will impact co2 emissions on which the new tax system is based on. This would also effect comfort if your concerned about bumpy roads.

Advertisement