Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Waterford left out on a lot of tourist Itinaries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Azatadine wrote: »
    To be fair, I do think that you are very biased Deiseen. While there are doubtless some lovely places around, stating that some local lakes are the best in Europe or the world tends to devalue some of the points that you've been trying to make.

I never said that, read my message again. I was just repeating what people on TripAdvisor were saying, people not from Waterford! You can go and have a look if you don't believe me.

I love the place and subjectively it's one of my favourite places in the world. When I look at it objectively I would say it's one of the best in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Deiseen wrote: »
    I can guarantee you that I have travelled the world more than you ever will..

That's one of the most ill informed and downright stupid things you have ever posted.

You can GUARANTEE that you have not only seen more of this world than me, but that you automatically know how much or little im going to travel in the future? Im dying to hear your logic behind that. When you are ready...

Compared to, say, some lakes and mountains in Canada or Switzerland, its a mere dot. Im not knocking it either but if you think its the best lake in the world, you need to leave Ireland now and then!

That's one of the most ill informed and downright stupid things you have ever posted.

You tell me that I need to leave Ireland more, that you somehow automatically know how much I travel around the world? I'm dying to hear your logic behind that. When you are ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Deiseen wrote:
    You tell me that I need to leave Ireland more, that you somehow automatically know how much I travel around the world? I'm dying to hear your logic behind that. When you are ready...

You do realise you are making a bit of an eejit of yourself?

Nice way to pedal back but its not going to work. My comment was a general one, not once did I say that YOU should leave Ireland, more that anyone who considers that lake as one the best in the world should travel a bit more to other countries so they have a fair comparison.

So, getting back to you, you can guarantee me that you have seen more of the world than me both now and the future. How, exactly?

• Advertisement

Nice way to pedal back but its not going to work. My comment was a general one, not once did I say that YOU should leave Ireland, more that anyone who considers that lake as one the best in the world should travel a bit more to other countries so they have a fair comparison.

So, getting back to you, you can guarantee me that you have seen more of the world than me both now and the future. How, exactly?

Show me where I said it was the nicest in the world please.

Show me where I said it was the nicest in the world please.

You are clearly not capable of mature debate and discussion. I could even accept that but you don't even have the ability to be humble and admit you are wrong with your downright ignorant and stupid statement that you can guarantee that your have travelled more than me plus you presume to know my current and future intentions with regards travel.

Seriously, grow up and cop on to yourself. If all you have in your arsenal of counter-arguments is "I know you are but what am I?" you have a long way to go.

You are clearly not capable of mature debate and discussion. I could even accept that but you don't even have the ability to be humble and admit you are wrong with your downright ignorant and stupid statement that you can guarantee that your have travelled more than me plus you presume to know my current and future intentions with regards travel.

Seriously, grow up and cop on to yourself. If all you have in your arsenal of counter-arguments is "I know you are but what am I?" you have a long way to go.

Look, you said I need to leave Ireland more (don't imply it was a general statement, you directed it at me) and I said I can guarantee I've travelled more than you ever will. Now, I have travelled a lot! I only know one person who has travelled more than me and that guy has literally been in every country in the world, so that's hard to compete with. Yes when taken literally it's a ridiculous comment to make and if you want to take it 100% literally/serious, then I can see why you get so worked up about it but Jesus, I hardly offended your mother or tried to convince you that the moon is made of cheese.

Truth being told, I've noticed your bleakness with regards to Waterford over the space of this thread and to be totally honest with you, I don't think someone who has travelled all over the world could be so negative about their hometown. So possibly wrongly, I made the assumption that I had travelled more than you. I also assumed that if someone hasn't travelled as much as I have by a certain point in their life, then they never will. Maybe I jumped to conclusions but that's my train of thought.

This all stems from the fact that you wrongly made the conclusion that I had said it was one of the best in Europe/the World when I never once said that.

Could you at least acknowledge that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

The embalmer has won. Thread descended into chaos. Congratulations

debok wrote: »

I actually felt ridiculous writing my post above. I guess he got into my head :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Q. Why is Waterford left out of Tourist itineraries

A. its saves them time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Deiseen definitely jumped the shark with that last outburst.

Deiseen definitely jumped the shark with that last outburst.

There's no coming back from it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

debok wrote:

Hardly my fault if some posters have transmuted from mildly unhinged into full on derangement.
    One can only hope he's never front and centre of a group of tourists..8th wonder of the world though Waterford may be.

Deiseen wrote:
    . Now, I have travelled a lot! I only know one person who has travelled more than me and that guy has literally been in every country in the world, so that's hard to compete with. .

That would've taken him almost 33 years without a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That would've taken him almost 33 years without a break.

There’s less than 200 countries how did you arrive at 33 years without a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Is that sarcasm Tom? :D
    absolutely not, it looks magnificent.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    absolutely not, it looks magnificent.

If you are relatively fit then I would recommend the Coumshingaun Loop, you'll get some great views up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If you are relatively fit then I would recommend the Coumshingaun Loop, you'll get some great views up there.

Get a guide or go with someone who knows the area well. The west ridge down from the top of Coumshingaun can be dangerous if you don't know the route, especially in low visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Get a guide or go with someone who knows the area well. The west ridge down from the top of Coumshingaun can be dangerous if you don't know the route, especially in low visibility.

Ah no - its safe enough. I'd recommend it to the Enbalmer to get a first hand account of Waterfords delights :D

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    Ah no - its safe enough. I'd recommend it to the Enbalmer to get a first hand account of Waterfords delights :D

I think he'd really enjoy a night hike in the middle of the storm season.

I see waterford is planning to reopen the leper hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Welcome to 2015 bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Going after a niche Target market.

Enbalmers will be much in demand when it opens. You might be need to relocate there for your career.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i was going to book a weekend in waterford to do the greenway but now im not

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Going after a niche Target market.

Enbalmers will be much in demand when it opens. You might be need to relocate there for your career.....

477405.jpg

i was going to book a weekend in waterford to do the greenway but now im not

We're all devastated down here to hear that.

We're all devastated down here to hear that.

Better hope the two lads from dublin and the chinese airline pilot don't pull out too.

Better hope the two lads from dublin and the chinese airline pilot don't pull out too.

The 2 jackeens and the rest of the smack addicts from the pale can f*ck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

The 2 jackeens and the rest of the smack addicts from the pale can f*ck off.

do ya mind me asking what the crack with that is? do they come down on the train or? was down at the weekend and was approached outside the hotel by two junkies from dublin looking for dollars etc

Advertisement