Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier lost package

Options
  • 19-03-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

I ordered a package online (ASOS) to be delivered to my house. I wasn't at home at the time the courier company delivered it, so they left it with a neighbour. I have no idea who they left it with as I don't recognise the name of the person that signed for it (not any of my immediate neighbours as I have checked with them), and the courier company don't seem to be any help at all in letting me know the number of the house, and are not seeing it as an issue they need to resolve.

Is there anything I can do? Surely this is breaking some sort of consumer law!

Thanks in advance.
    Judy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The contract for delivery is between the seller and the courier. Contact ASOS and tell them you have not received your purchase. It's up to them to sort it out, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JudyN

Thanks- I will email them now. Hopefully they will be more responsive than the courier company! I wonder what happens if it can't be found? Would Asos be liable to resend me the package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

JudyN wrote: »
    Thanks- I will email them now. Hopefully they will be more responsive than the courier company! I wonder what happens if it can't be found? Would Asos be liable to resend me the package?

Yes, the seller will have to make good on the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭katie275

Happened to me before with ASOS, they re-sent the package in the end

Thanks- that's reassuring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

Check that the didn't leave it behind ur garden gate, happened me only last week. On the form it was marked "left with neighbour" but it was actually left at the side of the house.

Thanks- they definitely left it with someone as I can see a signature when I tracked the parcel. Can see their name but no idea who they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

JudyN wrote:
    I ordered a package online (ASOS) to be delivered to my house. I wasn't at home at the time the courier company delivered it, so they left it with a neighbour. I have no idea who they left it with as I don't recognise the name of the person that signed for it (not any of my immediate neighbours as I have checked with them), and the courier company don't seem to be any help at all in letting me know the number of the house, and are not seeing it as an issue they need to resolve.

Fastest ( Cork) lost my returned parcel_idiot driver forgot to scan iten-sports direct basically told me nothing to do with them-fasteay gave me the run a round for months, rang and rang no joy,filled out forms etc- reimbursement came via by chance met a guy I knew who worked at fastest little island cork, nightmare-my advice- small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

JudyN wrote: »
    Thanks- they definitely left it with someone as I can see a signature when I tracked the parcel. Can see their name but no idea who they are!

Thats no guarantee, courier may well have scribbled some sort of signature on it.
    It probably is with a neighbor but you would be best to get onto ASOS sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Any chance the courier company starts with an N?

I've had awful trouble with couriers delivering to wrong estate. In fairness it's a similar name, but every other company has managed to find it. I've had phone calls saying they're in my driveway when they're not, leaving package with neighbours across the road (my house faces a river) and leaving packages behind plant pots (I don't have plant pots).

After calling the company, they told me there's nothing they can do. It's infuriating that they're contracted to deliver a package, they dont, and they say tough luck. Extra frustrating that you've no choice really as it's hard to know what courier will be used, but I have contacted the retailers with the courier reply just to show how they're treating customers.

• Advertisement

That's very annoying! No, delivery name in this case begins with an 'F'! They're averaging 1 star reviews on Google... not a good sign!

I've been in touch with Asos however and they are being very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deal with the retailer, as you are doing. It is their problem, not yours.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's a company beginning with F, chances are the package is in a random shop two counties over. :rolleyes:

Just this week I was expecting a parcel from another online retailer, checked my tracking because I thought it was taking a while to arrive, only to see that it was marked delivered 4 days previously. The retailer contacted the courier who initially said they left it with a neighbour, but that wasn't right because neither neighbour had it. It was eventually tracked down and had been left in a Centra - but not my local Centra - some totally random one nowhere near where I live.

If you have a local shop, it would be worth checking has the courier dropped it in there, and someone in the shop signed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Toots wrote: »
    If it's a company beginning with F, chances are the package is in a random shop two counties over. :rolleyes:

Just this week I was expecting a parcel from another online retailer, checked my tracking because I thought it was taking a while to arrive, only to see that it was marked delivered 4 days previously. The retailer contacted the courier who initially said they left it with a neighbour, but that wasn't right because neither neighbour had it. It was eventually tracked down and had been left in a Centra - but not my local Centra - some totally random one nowhere near where I live.

If you have a local shop, it would be worth checking has the courier dropped it in there, and someone in the shop signed for it.

I once received a voicemail from the same F courier (left by a private number so I couldn't call back) saying "I couldn't get through to you for directions so your parcel is in the shop in town". It turned out to be in a barber's shop three towns away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Could be worse and it's I-P.... (which would be via F.... here) - delivered my parcel from Amazon to someone in Belgium - beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - Personal anecdotes about couriers don't give any help to the OP.

dudara

Advertisement