Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is my neighbour an elderly man being charged 180 a month for tv and broadband?

Options
  • 19-03-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

my neighbour is an elderly vulnerable gent on his own and eir are charging him 180 a month for tv and broadband. he was with sky and im not sure if hes getting charged by them too but this is an outrageous amount for one individual on his own who just wants to watch the football.
    he barely uses the internet and i have tried to explain to him that he doesnt really need it and would be better off with a pay as you go dongle for when he does ,  as at this rate he will not be able to afford it much longer .
    he is a sucker for salespeople and got a samsung phone from them which i guess is being included in this price , which he has now lost . 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

gussieg wrote: »
    my neighbour is an elderly vulnerable gent on his own and eir are charging him 180 a month for tv and broadband. he was with sky and im not sure if hes getting charged by them too but this is an outrageous amount for one individual on his own who just wants to watch the football.
    he barely uses the internet and i have tried to explain to him that he doesnt really need it and would be better off with a pay as you go dongle for when he does ,  as at this rate he will not be able to afford it much longer .
    he is a sucker for salespeople and got a samsung  phone from them which i guess is being included in this price , which he has now lost . 
    Hi gussieg, 

Sorry to hear this has happened to your neighbour. 

In order for me to investigate this, I would need to deal with the account holder. If the account holder could give you access I could investigate this for you. 

When you are given access could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder / Authorised User? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement