Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling mobile phone account

• 19-03-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi not an eir customer myself but my OH is and has been trying to cancel his account for the last 3 days. When he rings he's told they can't find any details of his account or he is just passed around and given different numbers to call no one seems to be able to tell him how he can cancel his account. Hes out of contract so I assumed it would be easy enough to do but finding out how/what to do is an issue. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how he can cancel his account. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

If you're not in a minimum term contract, and are unable to get through them, just port the number to another network e.g. a prepay account if you're planning to not ever use bill pay again.

You need your mobile number and account number, which would be provided to the new operator to complete the port. No need to wait on 1901.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Sarac87 wrote: »
    Hi not an eir customer myself but my OH is and has been trying to cancel his account for the last 3 days. When he rings he's told they can't find any details of his account or he is just passed around and given different numbers to call no one seems to be able to tell him how he can cancel his account. Hes out of contract so I assumed it would be easy enough  to do but finding out how/what to do is an issue. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how he can cancel his account. Thanks
    Unfortunately, we are unable to process cancellations via our Social Media channels. If a customer wishes to cancel their account I would suggest that they contact our Customer Care department on 1901/1905. For more information on our cancellation process feel free to visit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Can it bo done in store?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Can it bo done in store?
    Hi Working class heroes

No you can't cancel services through an eir store.  

Kind regards

Linzi

Why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Sarac87

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we are unable to process cancellations via our Social Media channels. If a customer wishes to cancel their account I would suggest that they contact our Customer Care department on 1901/1905. For more information on our cancellation process feel free to visit here.

As I said in the original post we have rang 1901/1905 and he's just getting passed around its absolutely crazy that it's so difficult to close an account or even talk to someone about switching from bill pay to pre pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Sarac87 wrote: »
    eir: Linzi wrote: »

As I said in the original post we have rang 1901/1905 and he's just getting passed around its absolutely crazy that it's so difficult to close an account or even talk to someone about switching from bill pay to pre pay.
    Hi Sarac87, 

I completely understand the frustration that this is causing. 

There are only two ways that you can cancel your service. You can contact our customer care team and request to be transferred to our loyalty team or you can send a letter. 

The letter can be sent to the following address: eir cancellations, Floor 2, Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin 8
    For verification purposes and to ensure the best possible customer experience, please include the four below pieces of information;
    • Your name and address as they appear on your eir bill,
    • Your Account Number
    • Your telephone number including dialling code,
    • Your DOB
    • Confirm that you are the account holder. 
    [*]

As soon as the letter is received your cancellation notice will start from the date of the letter. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Can someone please address my query?
    Why can I not cancel a contract in store?

Can someone please address my query?
    Why can I not cancel a contract in store?
    Hi Working class heroes, 

Our stores do not have the facilities to cancel accounts. 

As I advised above there are two ways that our customers can cancel an account with eir. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

What facilities are they lacking?

In other words, what "facilities " could be provided to these stores to facilitate the ability to cancel contracts, in store?

Please be specific, thanks.

• Advertisement

What facilities are they lacking?

In other words, what "facilities " could be provided to these stores to facilitate the ability to cancel contracts, in store?

Please be specific, thanks.
    Hi Working class heroes, 

The stores have never been able to cancel customers account. 

The process to cancel accounts has always been to either contact our loyalty team by phone or by letter

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Can you please reply to the question I asked?

Can I have an answer to my question please. It's not the 29th of March yet.

Can you please reply to the question I asked?
    Hi working class heroes, 

I have previously advised of what the process is for account cancellations. 

The store agents are unable to cancel accounts because they are not part of the cancellation team. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!
    Hi kennethsmyth, 

I have responded to your PM

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Can I have an answer to my question please?

Can I have an answer to my question please?
    Hi Working class heroes

The shop staff do not have the authority to cancel accounts.  It is company policy that you cancel by calling our customer loyalty department, they are the only department that have the authorisation to cancel accounts.  

Kind regards

Linzi 

Right,another rep who won't answer my question. @linzi please see post #15. Can I have an answer to this please. I don't want the same robotic response I've been getting. Please answer the specific question I asked. How hard can that be, eh?

Right,another rep who won't answer my question. @linzi please see post #15. Can I have an answer to this please. I don't want the same robotic response I've been getting. Please answer the specific question I asked. How hard can that be, eh?
    Hi Working Class heroes

I have answered your question.  The shop staff do not have the authority to cancel accounts and therefore cannot do so. It is not a case of facilities, it is a case of that is policy for cancelling accounts.

Regards

Linzi

• Advertisement

@Linzi. No, you have not answered my question. Please read it again. Please stop deflecting.
    Please answer what I asked, not what you think I asked.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Reps have answered your question to the best of their ability, more than once. 
    If you want to question the policies of eir, I suggest you contact the policy makers not the customer service reps.

/thread closed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement