Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Seems like a very low key build up to this final. Maybe because none of the weaker counties in it. I am not sure it will be a full house either.

Tipp 3-16
    KK 1-18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Seems like a very low key build up to this final. Maybe because none of the weaker counties in it. I am not sure it will be a full house either.

Tipp 3-16
    KK 1-18

games are coming so fast and are so close together that the same amount of time isnt there to talk about it... plus there is the small matter of a football final that has the GAA's favourite team going for 5-in-a-row and this wk u had the ref that was appointed dominating the GAA talk....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

games are coming so fast and are so close together that the same amount of time isnt there to talk about it... plus there is the small matter of a football final that has the GAA's favourite team going for 5-in-a-row and this wk u had the ref that was appointed dominating the GAA talk....

Correct it’s the media’s agenda to keep the talk of Dublin football going week on week basis.

Because I can tell you the general public are quickly losing interest in Gaelic football all Ireland series.

34k at kerry v Tyrone.

Now back to hurling talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Does anyone recognize the ginger guy in the suit behind Michael Ryan’s shoulder.....?

Paul McShane ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Anyone stuck for a ticket I've a free one sitting beside us. No charge if a genuine boardsie fan is up looking. Section 503. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaneoc88

Still looking for a ticket if anyone has a spare. In town now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very poor minor final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Very poor minor final.

Like a training game for Galway. Cody out watching it - won’t be too many making it to senior ranks from this batch of Kilkenny minors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Galway were dominant all over the pitch. Some classy looking players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Paul McShane ?

I thought the same thing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Galway were dominant all over the pitch. Some classy looking players.

Trouble is Galway always do this. Win 3/4 in a row and eff all at senior. Will the 2017 victory change this...?? Only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Galway 11 point winners in the minor final. Thats a 4th minor AI in 5 years for the tribesmen. Sean McDonagh with 4-36 in 4 games one to watch in the years ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Trouble is Galway always do this. Win 3/4 in a row and eff all at senior. Will the 2017 victory change this...?? Only time will tell

While Galway do regularly enough win these, technically it’s been over 50 years since anyone did 3 in a row at minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

This is Galways first time doing three in a row at minor. Cork, Tipperary and Kilkenny are the other counties to have managed three in a row.

Open to correction on this but I don't think four in a row has ever been done.

grbear wrote: »
    This is Galways first time doing three in a row at minor. Cork, Tipperary and Kilkenny are the other counties to have managed three in a row.

Open to correction on this but I don't think four in a row has ever been done.

Ignoring the in-row statistic. How many minors have Galway won since 1980.......I would say as many is not more than the ‘big three’

• Advertisement

Ignoring the in-row statistic. How many minors have Galway won since 1980.......I would say as many is not more than the ‘big three’

Just had a quick look on wiki. Galway tops if ya count since 1980......corks last win was 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Gachla

Looking forward to this final. Should be a cracker, weather holding up so far. I predict Tipperary to win by 2.

Just had a quick look on wiki. Galway tops if ya count since 1980......corks last win was 2001.

Galway have 13 now. All since 1983

Galway have 13 now. All since 1983

Galway are the dominant minor team since 2000. Same with AI club titles. Just doesn’t seem to translate to senior AI victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭riddles

Would it be too much to expect from RTE that they’d show the minors getting the cup or the 25 year team getting introduced. These tiresome montages and a review of stats from puck outs. Anthony Daly talking about a tactic he employed with Dublin in a game they didn’t even win. Sigh sigh turning over to sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not trusting the WiFi at my house to get skygo or GaaGo working for today’s match.
    Heading into the city to find an Irish bar with it on.

Think this is going to be a belter. Just think Tipperary have more scores across the team than Kilkenny who have a reliance on TJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

I'd fully accept the point that based on the amount of minor titles they have won that Galway probably should have more senior titles won since 1988. I just felt that your original post didn't give enough credit to this bunch of players managing to secure a first three in a row for Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

riddles wrote: »
    Would it be too much to expect from RTE that they’d show the minors getting the cup or the 25 year team getting introduced. These tiresome montages and a review of stats from puck outs. Anthony Daly talking about a tactic he employed with Dublin in a game they didn’t even win. Sigh sigh turning over to sky

They can't show Minor coverage. They don't have the rights to it. TG4 do. But yeah, agree with you on the anniversary team. They get little to no coverage every year. Also drives me nuts that they always have the pundits talking over the players coming out & the parade. God forbid they just shut the talking heads up for all of 5 seconds & let the viewers at home enjoy some of the noise & padgentry of the day, at a time when the crowd are actively involved in the pre match activities on the pitch.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    They can't show Minor coverage. They don't have the rights to it. TG4 do. But yeah, agree with you on the anniversary team. They get little to no coverage every year. Also drives me nuts that they always have the pundits talking over the players coming out & the parade. God forbid they just shut the talking heads up for all of 5 seconds & let the viewers at home enjoy some of the noise & padgentry of the day, at a time when the crowd are actively involved in the pre match activities on the pitch.

Nevermind Martys monologue going straight over the first few lines of the national anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Dammit. We've Marty's monologue still to look forward to. Thanks for reminding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Nevermind Martys monologue going straight over the first few lines of the national anthem.

I wish I could mute Marty. And Donal Óg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can't listen to Marty on TV so who's doing the radio commentary ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What in the name of god is Michael Dee eating? He's a wide as he is tall at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I wish I could mute Marty. And Donal Óg.

You spelt smother wrong !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Donal Og just cant stop talking can he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Itssoeasy wrote: »

How else will you learn every players' nickname or club?

Mad that a few Tipp players are going to play there 7th all Ireland and all have been against Kilkenny.

How else will you learn every players' nickname or club?
    I'll survive grand.

Marty with his usual auld guff before the throw in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Marty is some dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

C'mon Tipp

It’s like asking if you’d prefer crotch rot or piles to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

RMAOK wrote: »
    Marty with his usual auld guff before the throw in :rolleyes:

He uses the same script every game just changes the details to suit the counties involved. A dose.

€400,000 per year.

Padraic lodge and John Mullane are doing the radio commentary. At times Mullane can be mad hyper but at least his passion isn't fake.

• Advertisement

Padraic lodge and John Mullane are doing the radio commentary. At times Mullane can be mad hyper but at least his passion isn't fake.

Mullane is great. Marty isn’t a bad commentator, but his intro is puke inducing bollocks.

Kilkenny come out with the ball from the first pile in..

Very slow and sloppy from Tipp already

Kilkenny have started well

The rain has started.

What on Earth was John McGrath doing back there?

• Advertisement

Ridiculous hook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Can you get odds of someone doubling on a ball at anytime in today's game?

Tipp look well off the pace

Bad mistake by heffernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus shocking stuff here

• Advertisement
Advertisement