Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Tipp were supreme in 2nd half. Sending off was justified but really ended the game as a contest. A final and speeches to forget after very emotional finals in 2018 and 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

So Shefflin was never marked ever? It looked to me that Paudie Maher and Kennedy were mopping up every ball that came down on that half-back line. Henry would always conjure up something from play regardless.

As in when it’s 6 against 3 in the back line, the odds are true defenders will come out with the ball. I never said Shefflin wasn’t man marked, just not the same amount of attention that TJ gets. Just look at the Wexford games and Matthew o hanlon on TJ. Didn’t leave his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭memorystick

No one shaking hands with Leo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Would someone clarify this for me... TJ was capt today for KK.. was he capt 9 yrs ago in 2010 on the drive for 5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

That 'Three cheers for....' bullsh1t should be outlawed.

Tradition.... sure what's the harm !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Congrats to Tipp. Absolutely no ambiguity about the merit of their victory.

After ~21mins we were 0-08 to 0-03 ahead, which was never going to be indicative. But I wouldn't have foreseen such a trimming for us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nice touch by the Tipp management - all the lads outside the panel had the number 26 jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Cameraman on a bouncy castle....

Would someone clarify this for me... TJ was capt today for KK.. was he capt 9 yrs ago in 2010 on the drive for 5

Yes.

Taken off on 62 mins and replaced by... Richie Hogan.

Seadin wrote: »
    Cody surely is finished after this.
    Not a chance. He's retired and doesn't strike me as the type sit around twiddling his thumbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

He's challenging Barry McGuigan and Mr Eastwood for the thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yes.

Taken off on 62 mins and replaced by... Richie Hogan.

Was Martin Comerford not captain that year?

Would they stop mentioning the red card... it had zero impact on the game.... Tipp have much better hurlers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Ha ha the camera man must be a Tipp man! Picture all over the place..
    Well done Tipp. Second half their passing was spectacular. Right or wrong on the sending off changed the game..
    We still have our camogie team to support. Flags can still fly..
    But today, Tipperary were the well deserved winners..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

copperhead wrote: »
    There is no need to thank nearly everyone in tip in the speeches, should be saved for the homecomming speech,

People complain about that every year but unless you just say thanks to everyone and specify no in particular it’s imoossible to avoid. Maybe you could say Liam Sheedy and back room team but selectors are probably entitled to a mention. If you mention them hard not to say coaches and so on. Hard to draw a line somewhere.

If you’re the captain you would rather annoy people you don’t know than upset someone who worked with you all year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Would they stop mentioning the red card... it had zero impact on the game.... Tipp have much better hurlers

As stupid a comment as I have ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The pitch side interviews on Sky Sports are very good I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

We had a bad start but we came good well done lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

posts being deleted again, even though the quoted ones of the now deleted posts remain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats to Tipp

Shows just how good Sheedy is as a manager. Cant see Cody walking away like this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ClanofLams wrote: »
    People complain about that every year but unless you just say thanks to everyone and specify no in particular it’s imoossible to avoid. Maybe you could say Liam Sheedy and back room team but selectors are probably entitled to a mention. If you mention them hard not to say coaches and so on. Hard to draw a line somewhere.

If you’re the captain you would rather annoy people you don’t know than upset someone who worked with you all year.

I completely agree - to say it on the day in the stadium is the right thing to do. It’s the culmination of a years hard work by a lot of people including the players and backroom team - they all deserve that moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

After today Tipp aren't the bottlers that analysts have made them out to be against kk on the past encounters. Beat them well in 2010, 2016 and 2019. 2014 could have gone their way too. The hex is over.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Sorry Richie didn’t realize u were on boards....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The red card definitely decided the game but it was a red.
    Richie Hogan a great player but an idiot for that needless red.

Unbelievable managerial performance by Sheedy. Tipp totally written off and seen as over the hill and to comeback and win an All-ireland today is unreal.

One last point - the amount of scutter Kilkenny fans have talked in this thread over the last while, I hope ye're all thoroughly sickened - up the Premier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well done Tipp, great hurling from them today, really just delighted they bate Kilkenny off the field :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

You’re either deluded or on a wind-up if you think that red didn’t affect the game.

Which is it?

Neat follow up there with the second most stupid... etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shefflin is so salty

Understandable I suppose. Too close to those lads on the field. RTE shouldn't really have him there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Seconded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

A ****ing massacre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Anyone trying to justify Hogan's tackle or saying that the ref should have let it go need to cop themselves on.

I think you can make a good case that it probably would have had zero effect on the result ie Tipp would have won anyway, but to say it had zero effect on the game is something else. Literally and figuratively.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Shefflin shouldn't be doing analysis at all. So biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Will someone take Henry Shefflin out of the studio quickly. Making a complete and utter eejit out of himself

How could Brendan Maher say it was a harsh red card if he “wasn’t really sure what happened”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

Shefflin cant hide his disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I'm trying to understand the mental gymnastics going on in Shefflins head...

leahyl wrote: »
    How could Brendan Maher say it was a harsh red card if he “wasn’t really sure what happened”

Feeling generous. Must be in a good mood for some reason.

I think you can make a good case that it probably would have had zero effect on the result ie Tipp would have won anyway, but to say it had zero effect on the game is something else. Literally and figuratively.

Fair enuf comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This was more of a hammering than Kilkenny vs Waterford in 2008 considering both teams had experience of an AI final.

• Advertisement

Feeling generous. Must be in a good mood for some reason.

True, but don’t be taking away from yer win at the same time like sheesh! Poor Richie Hogan, twas harsh :-P

Noveight wrote: »
    You’re either deluded or on a wind-up if you think that red didn’t affect the game.

Which is it?

My apologies lads... meant the result of the game....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Really took light just before the goal, callinan relatively quiet in the first half, bubbles handling we impressive. Sending off changed the whole trajectory of the game. Soaked to the bone, home to shower then off to coppers to pull meself a elated premier female or a dejected Pussy (Cats reference) .

Well done Tipp

leahyl wrote: »
    True, but don’t be taking away from yer win at the same time like sheesh! Poor Richie Hogan, twas harsh :-P

Very proud Kilkenny man here.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭mart 23

Who was the co-commentator on RTE radio coverage My god but he was dire. Listening to it from abroad but had to turn it off.

mart 23 wrote: »
    Who was the co-commentator on RTE radio coverage My god but he was dire. Listening to it from abroad but had to turn it off.

John Mullane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

It had a massive impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I was surprised how one dimensional and ineffective Kilkenny were in the second half. I'd be hard convinced Hogan staying on the pitch would have cured that tbh.

Tipp worthy winners and obviously the more talented team. More natural hurlers Henry.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Sending off had a big impact but Tipp were already in the driving seat having weathered the early exchanges. There was only going to be one winner today 15 v 15 or 15 v 14. KK could have had 17 in that second half and they'd still have struggled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone in here watching on Sky Sports?

I did. Can't be dealing with Marty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement