Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farewell Eager Beaver, Temple Bar

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

L1011 wrote: »
    Grilled halloumi is quite nice - try it.

Its also been available widely for years.

I ad some today in Umi Falafel for lunch, tasty. If I'd known Leon was opening today I'd have gone to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Went to Leon day it opened. Food fine, but, "Any allergies, sir"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

jd wrote: »
    Went to Leon day it opened. Food fine, but, "Any allergies, sir"?

You point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Birneybau wrote:
    You point being?

Not something I have been asked before when ordering food.

L1011 wrote: »
    Grilled halloumi is quite nice - try it.

Its also been available widely for years.
    Leon, or grilled halloumi? I thought this was the first (Leon) in Ireland?

I've just tried it, not knowing it was there. I had eaten from some of its London restaurants, and I'm delighted to see it's finally come to Ireland.

The allergies thing did throw me a bit, though. I was about to say "penicillin" but I decided to take the chance that they weren't about to put antibiotics in my falafel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Grilled halloumi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

sounds a bit OTT asking if you have allergies? I'd have assumed adults with allergies will always proactively seek out what is in the ingredients without waiting for the server to ask them. It would be like McDonalds asking if you are a coeliac or gluten allergic every time you order a Big Mac....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Maybe they ask in case you have an allergy to a substance which you wouldnt have thought woud be included in a meal youve chosen. I dont see the big deal, theyre just trying to be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Allergies is a big issue in the U.K. following the death of the Laperouse girl having eaten a Pret A Manger sandwich. Freshly prepared on premises food may not carry all the warnings of prepacked food. Lots of nuts/seeds garnishes at Leon.

Advertisement