Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix unable to process my Visa Debit

Options
  • 19-03-2019 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Netflix contacted me about not being able to process a payment using my Visa Debit card details.
    Recently, while in branch, I upped my daily ATM withdrawal limit.
    My question is, are these two things related? Will I need a new card issued to me after this change? Or is ther another reason Netflix could not process my card?

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

alanmc wrote: »
    Hi,

Netflix contacted me about not being able to process a payment using my Visa Debit card details.
    My question is, are these two things related? Will I need a new card issued to me after this change? Or is ther another reason Netflix could not process my card?

Thanks,
    Alan.

Hi alanmc,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are very sorry that you have been experiencing difficulty with using your Visa Debit Card. If there is any amendments made to the ATM limit you will need to reactivate the card in an ATM before it can be used for any online transactions. Have you used the card in an ATM since the amendment has taken place?

Thanks Jen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi,

Thanks,
    Alan.
    Just make sure it's actually from Netflix. It's a common scam. I'm not saying this is, but just be careful. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Wheety wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Alan.
    Just make sure it's actually from Netflix. It's a common scam. I'm not saying this is, but just be careful. 
    Definitely not a phishing attempt. It was my first thought though. I didn't click on the link in the e-mail, but went straight to Netflix themselves to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hi,

Thanks,
    Alan.

Hi alanmc,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are very sorry that you have been experiencing difficulty with using your Visa Debit Card. If there is any amendments made to the ATM limit you will need to reactivate the card in an ATM before it can be used for any online transactions. Have you used the card in an ATM since the amendment has taken place?

Thanks Jen.
    Ah, that's probably it. I don't think I've used it in an ATM since. Thanks.

Advertisement