Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian wedding attire?

Options
  • 19-03-2019 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there - I’m off to a wedding in Bahrain and was looking for some advice on what to wear. It’s a 2 days and for the main ceremony I would like to wear traditional clothes - any idea where I can shop around Dublin or online?

For the second day I was going to wear a dress that is not low cut and covers shoulders ( I am hoping that will suffice?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

wendoi wrote: »
    Hi there - I’m off to a wedding in Bahrain and was looking for some advice on what to wear. It’s a 2 days and for the main ceremony I would like to wear traditional clothes - any idea where I can shop around Dublin or online?

For the second day I was going to wear a dress that is not low cut and covers shoulders ( I am hoping that will suffice?)

There is a shop on clanbrassil street. Never been in it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why are you looking for Indian clothes for a Bahraini wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wendoi

Why are you looking for Indian clothes for a Bahraini wedding?

The location is Bahrain but it is an Indian wedding 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wendoi

Millem wrote: »

Super - thanks I’ll suss it out

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What's 'traditional' for one part of India may not be appropriate for another region, it's a very big country. I'd try to find out which part of India the bride and groom are from and advise the people in whatever shop you go to.

• Advertisement

Enjoy, Indian weddings are bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Millem wrote: »

Ammara - was featured on one of those wedding dress type shows on RTE or TV3, iirc

https://www.facebook.com/ammaraboutique/

Advertisement