Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sports stream has become totally unusable

• 19-03-2019 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I would like to make a compliant about the eir sport streaming service. It has become completely unusable. Whenever I try to login, it tells me that my laptop is not recognised. But I don’t have any switches left and I need to wait a month. A few times I have contacted support and eventually after about 30 – 40 minutes trying to communicate with your totally incompetent support staff I am sometimes able to login. But the next time I want to watch, I get the same problem and have to contact support again.
    If I do manage to login to watch a channel, every couple of minutes I get “Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred”. So I need to refresh the page. As I understand Microsoft are no longer updating internet explorer. The only release essential security updates. But eir sports will not work on any modern browser such as chrome, firefox or edge. So what can I do to prevent this error from occurring? This doesn’t happen with Netflix, youtube, bbc iplayer, channel 4 player or even the rte player. Why does eir sport not work with modern browsers or any bowser for that matter????

Can you advise how I can resolve these two issues as right now, I am basically not able to access eir sports at all. It is incredibly frustrating and I am fed up speaking to your tech support staff. All they are interested in, is verifying my identity! It takes about 10 minutes to get through all the checks each time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

blackmadra wrote: »
    I would like to make a compliant about the eir sport streaming service. It has become completely unusable. Whenever I try to login, it tells me that my laptop is not recognised. But I don’t have any switches left and I need to wait a month. A few times I have contacted support and eventually after about 30 – 40 minutes trying to communicate with your totally incompetent support staff I am sometimes able to login. But the next time I want to watch, I get the same problem and have to contact support again.
    If I do manage to login to watch a channel, every couple of minutes I get “Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred”. So I need to refresh the page. As I understand Microsoft are no longer updating internet explorer. The only release essential security updates. But eir sports will not work on any modern browser such as chrome, firefox or edge. So what can I do to prevent this error from occurring? This doesn’t happen with Netflix, youtube, bbc iplayer, channel 4 player or even the rte player. Why does eir sport not work with modern browsers or any bowser for that matter????

Can you advise how I can resolve these two issues as right now, I am basically not able to access eir sports at all. It is incredibly frustrating and I am fed up speaking to your tech support staff. All they are interested in, is verifying my identity! It takes about 10 minutes to get through all the checks each time.
    Hi blackmadra, 

eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:
    Android 4.4 and above smartphones & tablets
    iOS smartphones & tablets (version 8 & above)
    Windows and Mac computers
    Please be aware that eir Sport does not support AirPlay, Google Chrome browser, Firefox v52 and later and Microsoft Edge browser

Details on how to watch eir sport can be found here

If you wish to make a complaint you can do so here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blackmadra

Hi blackmadra, 

Please be aware that eir Sport does not support AirPlay, Google Chrome browser, Firefox v52 and later and Microsoft Edge browser

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Sorry Grainne but that response does not help me in any way. You didn't even attempt to answer my first question. For my second question you just posted a link to your website and copy and pasted something from an FAQ.

I know the browers that are not supported, I quoted them in my message. Can you tell what browers are supported? I am not interested in andriod or IOS, I want to know what windows browser is supported. I thought internet explorer was supposed to work but as I outlined in my message, it doesn't. Also internet explorer is no longer being updated by microsoft so I imagine that it is just going to get worse and worse. What browser can I use with a Windows PC so I don't get constant error messages?

How do I deal with the issue where my laptop is not recognised each time I try to log in? You surely don't expect me to have to contact tech support every time I want to watch i sports?

Hi blackmadra, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Sorry Grainne but that response does not help me in any way. You didn't even attempt to answer my first question. For my second question you just posted a link to your website and copy and pasted something from an FAQ.

I know the browers that are not supported, I quoted them in my message. Can you tell what browers are supported? I am not interested in andriod or IOS, I want to know what windows browser is supported. I thought internet explorer was supposed to work but as I outlined in my message, it doesn't. Also internet explorer is no longer being updated by microsoft so I imagine that it is just going to get worse and worse. What browser can I use with a Windows PC so I don't get constant error messages?

How do I deal with the issue where my laptop is not recognised each time I try to log in? You surely don't expect me to have to contact tech support every time I want to watch i sports?
    Hi blackmadra, 

In regard to the problem you are having with your laptop the only team that can resolve this is our technical team. You can contact our technical team by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

In regard to your question about the browsers, the websites that support eir Sport is Internet Explorer, Firefox before V51 or Safari. You will need to install Microsoft Silverlight in order to view eir Sports. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi blackmadra, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi blackmadra, 

In regard to the problem you are having with your laptop the only team that can resolve this is our technical team. You can contact our technical team by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

In regard to your question about the browsers, the websites that support eir Sport is Internet Explorer, Firefox before V51 or Safari. You will need to install Microsoft Silverlight in order to view eir Sports. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I am not having a problem with my laptop. It is about 2 years old and it runs perfectly in every way, except for when I try to stream eir sports. The problem is not with my laptop. For what it’s worth, I tried to stream eir sports from my brothers laptop, which is brand new, and I still encountered the error “Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred”

Safari browser is for Macs. Firefox is up to version 66. They regularly release updates to address security issues that arise. Are you seriously recommending installing an outdated browser on my laptop and risk security issues? Internet explorer with Silverlight just keeps crashing so it is simply not fit for purpose. The makers of internet explorer, Microsoft, would advise their users to start using their new edge browser (which isn’t even that new anymore).

I cannot handle speaking with your online chat team again. They are quite simply not able to help with anything. They inevitably end up telling me to go off somewhere else and contact some other department. Although looking through this message exchange, it looks like the eir staff on boards are not much better.

Is the official support policy of eir to tell customers to go away and contact someone else? Can you actually help address either of my 2 issues? Maybe you could arrange for someone from eir to contact me directly if you don’t know how to fix these problems?

Hi blackmadra, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi blackmadra, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I am not having a problem with my laptop. It is about 2 years old and it runs perfectly in every way, except for when I try to stream eir sports. The problem is not with my laptop. For what it’s worth, I tried to stream eir sports from my brothers laptop, which is brand new, and I still encountered the error “Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred”

Safari browser is for Macs. Firefox is up to version 66. They regularly release updates to address security issues that arise. Are you seriously recommending installing an outdated browser on my laptop and risk security issues? Internet explorer with Silverlight just keeps crashing so it is simply not fit for purpose. The makers of internet explorer, Microsoft, would advise their users to start using their new edge browser (which isn’t even that new anymore).

I cannot handle speaking with your online chat team again. They are quite simply not able to help with anything. They inevitably end up telling me to go off somewhere else and contact some other department. Although looking through this message exchange, it looks like the eir staff on boards are not much better.

Is the official support policy of eir to tell customers to go away and contact someone else? Can you actually help address either of my 2 issues? Maybe you could arrange for someone from eir to contact me directly if you don’t know how to fix these problems?
    Hi blackmadra, 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. 

The only team that can investigate this further is our technical team. They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement

So in typical Eir fashion, you are not able to help. Even in this public forum, you are basically just telling me to go away and contact someone else. Your customer service never fails to disappoint.

I know how this works. I will call the number, be put on hold for up to 45 minutes, spend another 10 minutes answering questions to verify my account, then I’ll be told I need to contact some other department. Same with the online chat. When I eventually get through and after 10 minutes of verification, they just won’t be able to help me in any way. I thought maybe on this public forum you would be shamed into pretending to help at least but no.

I will be changing my broadband provider once my 12 month contract expires and I will be citing poor customer support as the reason. To be clear, for anybody else reading here, I am a broadband customers and all I want is to be able to watch Eir sports on my laptop. It appears that this is just not possible.

So in typical Eir fashion, you are not able to help. Even in this public forum, you are basically just telling me to go away and contact someone else. Your customer service never fails to disappoint.

I know how this works. I will call the number, be put on hold for up to 45 minutes, spend another 10 minutes answering questions to verify my account, then I’ll be told I need to contact some other department. Same with the online chat. When I eventually get through and after 10 minutes of verification, they just won’t be able to help me in any way. I thought maybe on this public forum you would be shamed into pretending to help at least but no.

I will be changing my broadband provider once my 12 month contract expires and I will be citing poor customer support as the reason. To be clear, for anybody else reading here, I am a broadband customers and all I want is to be able to watch Eir sports on my laptop. It appears that this is just not possible.
    Hi blackmadra, 

My sincere apologies I am unable to resolve this here. 

Our technical team have a shorter hold time than our customer service. They will be happy to investigate this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement