Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading/ new PC advice

Options
  • 19-03-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

So the specs for my current pc are here

CPU
    Intel - Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler
    Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte - GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory
    Corsair - XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage
    Samsung - 830 Series 128 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Western Digital - Caviar Black 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card
    MSI - Radeon HD 7970 3 GB Video Card
    Case
    Fractal Design - Define R3 Black Pearl ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply
    XFX - 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

This was built in 2012 and is kinda showing it's age (I'm having display issues quite often) Is there anything other than the SSD and HDD worth keeping and moving over to a new build? I had a friend build it and spec it for me. I'm happy to spend around €1000 (but obviously cheaper is better), plan on doing a little bit of video editing, some gaming and will be doing coding projects on it too.

Ideally I'd love to have someone/ or a shop build it and do it for me so does anyone have a suggestion of who to look into or where to go?

I'm planning on getting 2 new monitors too because the ones I have atm aren't VESA mountable and don't have a very high refresh rate and I'd like to be able to swivel at least one of them portrait so if anyone has any recommendations for those too would be helpful.

Comments

Advertisement