Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Deeds

Options
  • 20-03-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I am trying to locate the house deeds for my mothers property which I am in the process of selling.
    The deeds were placed with Bank of Ireland for safe keeping in the mid 1990s.
    The branch where they were deposited ,Whitehall Dublin 9 has been closed for a number of years.

I made same initial enquires with BOI and I was advised that house deeds are held centrally with your BME section in Hume House. I have written to this section twice in August 2018 and in the past number of weeks and have neither been provided with any assistance or acknowledgement to my enquiry.

My question is what is the right section to write to for house deeds. If it is the BME section how to you get a response from them

This is now urgent and if BOI can't find the deeds I would appreciate if someone would let me know.

Thanks
    Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

kodea1966 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to locate the house deeds for my mothers property which I am in the process of selling.
    The deeds were placed with Bank of Ireland for safe keeping in the mid 1990s.
    The branch where they were deposited ,Whitehall Dublin 9 has been closed for a number of years.

I made same initial enquires with BOI and I was advised that house deeds are held centrally with your BME section in Hume House. I have written to this section twice in August 2018 and in the past number of weeks and have neither been provided with any assistance or acknowledgement to my enquiry.

My question is what is the right section to write to for house deeds. If it is the BME section how to you get a response from them

This is now urgent and if BOI can't find the deeds I would appreciate if someone would let me know.

Thanks
    Kieran

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here ton Boards.

If the Title Deeds were in Safe Keeping in a safety deposit box within the branch with no mortgage held we would recommend that you contact the Collinstown Cross branch directly as Whitehall merged with this branch following its closure. Please see here if you would like to meet with an advisor in the branch to discuss this.

If however there was a mortgage for the property and the title deeds were held as security against the mortgage then the title deeds would be held within Hume House and you can get in touch with them directly by calling our Mortgage Department on 016113333(select option 3 for Title Deeds) and one of our Mortgage Advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

I hope this helps and please do feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement