Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issues moving from vodafone to three

Options
  • 20-03-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

My daughter was on a bill pay with Vodafone (I know I know) but she only had 5GB of data a month and duly went over month after month.

Last month she more than doubled the bill buying data so I cancelled the account with Vodafone, they obliged and cancelled the service, it was mid month so I said I would wait until the start of March and move her to Three
    I filled in the form to get the phone unlocked from the Vodafone network and they replied to say that was done.

Went online with Three and they said I'd need to go into a shop, went into the Three shop the other weekend to move her and they said they need a message to be sent to them from Vodafone in order to set her up.
    but Vodafone cancelled the service to her phone weeks ago.

what do i do now?

I could set her up on three with a new number but I'd like to keep her number if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Too late now but a better option would have been a move to pay as you go with Vodafone and then port to Three. Vodafone should have made it clear that the number would be disconnected.

Not sure what you can do except request to get the number back with Vodafone PAYG. Try the Talk to Vodafone forum on Boards to see if they can assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As above, you need an active service to move a number.

1. Get a PAYG sim
    2. Ask VF to nicely restore the old number
    3. Port it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

You'll regret that move forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Its for his daughter, presumably a teen, Three are the PERFECT network for teens.

2. Three customer for maybe a decade now. Pay little, get the minimum, don't expect any CS and don't get any. Hammer through buckets of data.

Advertisement