Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Help

Options
  • 20-03-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

Looking for some help. I have an old high nelly bike tyre size 28 x 1 1/2. Im looking for tyres and tubes for this but cant seem to find them in Ireland. I can find them in holland but the size is listed as 40-635 and another place has 700 listed. are these all the same? Also im not sure what size tube to use for this size wheel. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

as a quick starting point this looks like an option for your size - again it's Dutch but seems to help answer some of your other questions as well as providing an option to buy.

https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/bicycle-tires-and-inner-tubes/bicycle-tires-28-x-1-1-2-dutch/
    Inch Size = 28 x 1 1/2 ETRTO Size = 40-635 French Size = 770 x 28B

from what I can see it suggests it's very much a Dutch size too so unlikely you'd get them in Ireland.

for tubes filter here for the ETRTO size above, plenty of options available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foxin

Perfect thanks so much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

40-635's should be available to order in your LBS

An unusual, but not uncommon size.

Advertisement