Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colitox for new lambs

• 20-03-2019 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Neighbor had the rep around selling this for newborn lambs - Colitox. Meant to give them antibodies to ensure they stay strong in the first few weeks. €40 treats 100 lambs, so I suppose if it saves 1 or 2 it's not a bad investment. Anyone ever used it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

grayh0und wrote: »
    Neighbor had the rep around selling this for newborn lambs - Colitox. Meant to give them antibodies to ensure they stay strong in the first few weeks. €40 treats 100 lambs, so I suppose if it saves 1 or 2 it's not a bad investment. Anyone ever used it?

Don't know what it's supposed to cover them for but I would give them plenty of colostrum and buy myself a big bottle of Jameson

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sheepfarmer92

A gimmick, nothing will make a lamb live like colostrum, we give anything a bit weak, or triplets a squirt of spectam that keeps them right, don't waste your money

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭grayh0und

Cheers, seemed that way
    A gimmick, nothing will make a lamb live like colostrum, we give anything a bit weak, or triplets a squirt of spectam that keeps them right, don't waste your money

Advertisement