If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch TV

Options
  • 20-03-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon

well after ten years my Philips 32 inch packed in last night so im on the hunt.

Guys - Was looking at 32 inch tvs on the website and my requirement is 3 hdmi connections and a satellite tuner - I found two Toshibas which tick the boxes 32w3863 and 32l3863 - is the full hd worth the extra on a 32 inch tv?

Then I  came across this model LG32LK6100 in Currys and unusually for its size it has a freesat tuner. is there anything from LG in stock with Richersounds with the above specs please?

Hard to ignore the six year warranty

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kooga wrote: »
    Good afternoon

well after ten years my Philips 32 inch packed in last night so im on the hunt.

Guys - Was looking at 32 inch tvs on the website and my requirement is 3 hdmi connections and a satellite tuner - I found two Toshibas which tick the boxes 32w3863 and 32l3863 - is the full hd worth the extra on a 32 inch tv?

Then I  came across this model LG32LK6100 in Currys and unusually for its size it has a freesat tuner. is there anything from LG in stock with Richersounds with the above specs please?

Hard to ignore the six year warranty
    Hi kooga,

I don't currently have anything in a 32" with LG at the moment. You would be looking at a 43" panel for LG to get similar specs and these would also be 4K panels.

The Full HD Toshiba would be a good one to go for however it only contains a Freeview/terrestrial tuner. I would go for the Full HD depending on what sources you are running into it. You're not going to notice a massive amount of difference on terrestrial TV but with a blu ray player or console there would be a difference.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

Hi kooga,

I don't currently have anything in a 32" with LG at the moment. You would be looking at a 43" panel for LG to get similar specs and these would also be 4K panels.

The Full HD Toshiba would be a good one to go for however it only contains a Freeview/terrestrial tuner. I would go for the Full HD depending on what sources you are running into it. You're not going to notice a massive amount of difference on terrestrial TV but with a blu ray player or console there would be a difference.

Kind regards

David

thank you David

Can you double check that the toshiba only has a T tuner as the spec mentions S2 and the rear shows a sat connection

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kooga wrote: »
    Hi kooga,

Kind regards

David

thank you David

Can you double check that the toshiba only has a T tuner as the spec mentions S2 and the rear shows a sat connection
    Hi Kooga.

Unfortunately we do not a have a display one of either Toshiba TV's so I can not physically check the back of it for the Sat tuner connection.

Going from Toshiba's own website it says that it has DVB-S2 which is the free to air Satellite tuner.
    The link below is the spec sheet directly from the Toshiba website. While it not Free Sat approved it does have a Satellite tuner and you can see from the connection picture.
    https://toshiba-tv.com/pdf/7009c382372d95f11dba635e7abc3c82/35/32l3863db.pdf

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.