Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

barryribs wrote: »
    I've the p20 pro at the moment and thinking of upgrading. 469 from carphone looks like the best around with the GT watch free and 20 euro top up that I won't use. Does anyone know what these are like to unlock? Or any online company that can get the code? Previously, I've always bought on my network or sim free

From looking around previously it's about 50 to unlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are Carphone Warehouse like for delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

TitianGerm wrote: »

I've just ordered this morning, it says that they are delayed with the restrictions, I'll let you know how it goes.

It looks like ebay is the best option for unlocking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some carphone warehouse shops seem to be open too (a couple in Limerick are, anyway)

Mr E wrote: »
    Some carphone warehouse shops seem to be open too (a couple in Limerick are, anyway)

It says the P30 Pro is an online exclusive.

Still can't find a decent glass screen protector for herselfs Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I've the p20 pro at the moment and thinking of upgrading. 469 from carphone looks like the best around with the GT watch free and 20 euro top up that I won't use. Does anyone know what these are like to unlock? Or any online company that can get the code? Previously, I've always bought on my network or sim free

Is this deal on pay as you go or contract.

Which network would you be locked into?

Barr wrote: »
    Is this deal on pay as you go or contract.

Which network would you be locked into?

It's pay as you go, and I'm on gomo but would prefer it to be sim free. I'm not sure if the free watch is the gt or gt2

It's pay as you go, and I'm on gomo but would prefer it to be sim free. I'm not sure if the free watch is the gt or gt2

Let us know how you get on , I would be interested to know if the phone is the dual sim version .

Seems like a decent offer to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'm considering buying as well. I'm with Vodafone so happy enough with it being locked. I wasn't sure re the dual sim vs single sim, so i've contacted Carphone Warehouse and they're looking into it for me. I'll post here if I find out.

Its saying out of stock so may have already missed the boat already !

• Advertisement

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying as well. I'm with Vodafone so happy enough with it being locked. I wasn't sure re the dual sim vs single sim, so i've contacted Carphone Warehouse and they're looking into it for me. I'll post here if I find out.

I didnt think CPW stocked dual sim phones, I used work with one of the networks and I don't think we or CPW every stocked them.

Its saying out of stock so may have already missed the boat already !

Ah well, saved myself a few hundred €€s on something I didn't need anyway! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GIMP wrote: »
    I have the P30 pro nearly a year. The screen has definitely scratched more than previous phones I have had. I never use a screen protector.

Mine is the same, I never use a screen protector on any phone, this one has more scratches than previous phones combined.

Mine is regularly thrown into and stored in a bag pocket with a load of cables, USB keys, and memory cards and it’s never marked at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

P30 Pro update on Eir today
    10.1 to be released around July but requires todays download to upgrade to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Would be very surprised if this was a dual sim as most providers want you to stay with them hense they dont provide dule sime phones. Three have a good deal at the moment on bill pay for the p30 pro. 30 euros pm with 289 euro upfront, all you can eat data three to three calls and 100mins flexi mins, 24mth contract so just over a 1000 over 24months, not a bad deal compared to others.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Would be very surprised if this was a dual sim as most providers want you to stay with them hense they dont provide dule sime phones. Three have a good deal at the moment on bill pay for the p30 pro. 30 euros pm with 289 euro upfront, all you can eat data three to three calls and 100mins flexi mins, 24mth contract so just over a 1000 over 24months, not a bad deal compared to others.
    Bought a Samsung A40 from Three on PAYG last Christmas and it's dual SIM. It's locked to Three but as long as there's a Three SIM in it, the other SIM slot will work with Abby network.

It arrived today with nightline, very good in fairness. The watch is the GT2 Sport 46mm and it's very nice. First impressions are really good, the zoom on the camera is insane. I do miss the physical button though, even if it didn't depress on the p20, will take time to get used to.

I've bought the unlock code from ebay so hoping to have it by the beginning of next week.

It arrived today with nightline, very good in fairness. The watch is the GT2 Sport 46mm and it's very nice. First impressions are really good, the zoom on the camera is insane. I do miss the physical button though, even if it didn't depress on the p20, will take time to get used to.

I've bought the unlock code from ebay so hoping to have it by the beginning of next week.

What is the model number on the phone?

What is the model number on the phone?

VOG-L09

• Advertisement

Dam should have ordered the other day. All out of stock now :(

Dam should have ordered the other day. All out of stock now :(

And it's back in stock and offering the free smart watch.

What is the story with the Mystic Blue colour. Was it ever for sale in Ireland/Europe.

That’s one of the newer versions to get around the Android restrictions isn’t it? The breathing crystal is one of the original model ones, I’ve that one myself but the back fairly scratches.

Just a bit odd it’s not sold as a option here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Can i ask for where you got the code from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just a bit odd it’s not sold as a option here

Spoke to Huawei before about the lack of colour options sold here they replied it's the networks buyers decide what would sell here and black and dark is the preferred on the networks

• Advertisement

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Can i ask for where you got the code from?

Bought it from here;
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-IRELAND-VODAFONE-ANY-HUAWEI-P30-P30-LITE-P30-PRO-MATE-20-P20-LITE/254345523345?hash=item3b382cb091:g:~wAAAOSwIXZdaVUT

Hasn't arrived yet, but should have it in the next few days. Any problems I can go through paypal anyway

Mine arrived today after. I got the 46mm Watch GT though (one with the green band) so maybe they're clearing whatever watches they have in stock?

Mine arrived today after. I got the 46mm Watch GT though (one with the green band) so maybe they're clearing whatever watches they have in stock?

I bought one the other day as well - just arrived there earlier. I got the exact same watch, 46mm GT with the green band.

Bought it from here;
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-IRELAND-VODAFONE-ANY-HUAWEI-P30-P30-LITE-P30-PRO-MATE-20-P20-LITE/254345523345?hash=item3b382cb091:g:~wAAAOSwIXZdaVUT

Hasn't arrived yet, but should have it in the next few days. Any problems I can go through paypal anyway

Still haven't gotten the unlock code from this guy. Does any one have an alternative if this falls through?

Still haven't gotten the unlock code from this guy. Does any one have an alternative if this falls through?
    I'm waiting since last Thursday. Same guy. I'll give him a few days, then try someone else.

I'm waiting since last Thursday. Same guy. I'll give him a few days, then try someone else.

It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow for me, through gritted teeth I'll give it until then. Looking around some other threads, unlock.ie was recommended, so I'll try them if I get nothing.

• Advertisement

Logged a paypal dispute with that cowboy on ebay. Promptly got a message saying he will have it by tuesday.

A colleague got it from unlock.ie in 4 days, and I've just ordered it from there.

Unlock.ie was more expensive for mine but I had it within a few days after weeks wasted with various eBay chancers.

Unlock.ie was more expensive for mine but I had it within a few days after weeks wasted with various eBay chancers.

I got mine and it worked perfectly, no messing around with them.

Initial impressions - battery is ridiculously good, even coming from the p20 pro. Camera is fantastic, although, aside from the zoom, I haven't noticed a massive upgrade from the p20. It seems to be shaped more comfortably for the hand so more comfortable to hold, but I do miss the physical button. In screen fingerprint reader seems to be a little slower and less accurate.

I've mine set up via phone clone from my p20 pro, but can't seem to add widgets to the homescreen. Long press doesn't do anything and no option to add it from the apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

I got mine and it worked perfectly, no messing around with them.

Initial impressions - battery is ridiculously good, even coming from the p20 pro. Camera is fantastic, although, aside from the zoom, I haven't noticed a massive upgrade from the p20. It seems to be shaped more comfortably for the hand so more comfortable to hold, but I do miss the physical button. In screen fingerprint reader seems to be a little slower and less accurate.

I've mine set up via phone clone from my p20 pro, but can't seem to add widgets to the homescreen. Long press doesn't do anything and no option to add it from the apps.

Pinch on the home screen, down the bottom u should see a button for widgets

I got a P30 Pro a few weeks ago. Great upgrade from the P20 Pro, I'm delighted with it.

One issue though (and it seems to be common) - I use Square Home for my launcher, but every night my launcher defaults to the Huawei stock launcher (pressing home fixes it). Not a huge deal, but annoying.

Has anyone come across this and found a fix?

• Advertisement

Could be some battery saver thing that’s force closing the service during the night and would need to be disabled for the launcher app. Not 100% sure but Huawei phones are massively aggressive with shutting down apps.

Thanks, I've set the battery management for my launcher to manual. See if that fixes it. Cheers!

Logged a paypal dispute with that cowboy on ebay. Promptly got a message saying he will have it by tuesday.

A colleague got it from unlock.ie in 4 days, and I've just ordered it from there.

| have also logged a dispute with paypal but its estimated to be resolved by 29/6.
    Should I wait or can I go ahead and get the code somewhere else.
    Dont have much experience with paypal.

| have also logged a dispute with paypal but its estimated to be resolved by 29/6.
    Should I wait or can I go ahead and get the code somewhere else.
    Dont have much experience with paypal.

Send him a message in eBay and tell him to cancel the order. That's what I did and he just approved the PayPal dispute.

Send him a message in eBay and tell him to cancel the order. That's what I did and he just approved the PayPal dispute.
    Thanks. Have just done that. He's fcukin brutal. Stay away.

What cases are people using for their P30 Pro?

I like the idea of a case that closes at the front (with a window to display clock and notifications). I had one like this for my HTC One X a few years ago and loved it.
    It needs to have a magnetic closure though, not just 'loose'.

Does anyone have anything like that?

Basically one of these...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/JASBON-Business-Protective-Shockproof-Cover-Black/dp/B07S5C26SK/
    ... with a magnetic closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Otterbox hard one. ****ing unreal case

I like the Olixar Ultra Thin. Get them for any phone I have.

Bought the P30 Pro a few weeks ago after reading through this thread so thanks to everybody for all their contributions! Got the CPW deal and used the €20 credit as i'm already with VF. And I managed to flog the watch for 100 quid, so €350 all in for an incredible phone.

I was coming from a Moto G5, and haven't owned a top end phone for 3-4 years now, so i've noticed a huge upgrade in every aspect of the phone. Except one thing- yesterday my snoozed alarm stopped ringing! First alarm rang ok, snoozed, then second alarm there wasn't a peep. Same thing again this morning. I've tried everything to fix it (DNS, notification setting, flip to silence settings etc), and it works ok when I test during the day, very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 johnmcdon

Hi,
    Sorry if posted already. Got a Vodafone locked P30 Pro upgrade from work. I want to give it to my girl friend. She is on Eir. No Vodafone coverage where she lives.
    Does anyone know a reliable website or shop that does the unlock for a decent price. I checked some shops in Limerick but they said €50 or "can't be done". They seemed unsure.
    Need a reliable site or shop.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

• Advertisement
Advertisement