Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A five-day ban for posting links. A week-ban for calling someone a liar. Same mod.

Options
  • 21-03-2019 9:11am

I got a five-day ban from ancapailldorcha recently for posting links.

enLAb3p.png

He removed the ban after I informed them they were helpful, meaning he hadn't actually even checked to see what my links were. Just a big automatic ban.

Today, I get a week-long ban for calling someone a liar.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057966263

Should these not result in thread warnings instead of significant multi-day / week-long bans? It's Brexit-week and I can't view the Brexit thread. I didn't even know accusations of lying were against the charter. I thought it was only actual personal abuse that could end up with that.

Further down the thread, I wrote a huge post giving my reasons for why I thought that person was "lying".

Cheers.

Edit: I'd like both addressed since they're pretty clearly related.

Comments

Five days into my seven-day ban and no reply. If a cmod or admin says the above was fair, then I'll forget it. But I'd like to hear something.

Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just nudged the CMods. Hopefully someone wi be along before too long. If not I can try and have a look, but it will not be before tomorrow evening as I'm currently out of the country with limited access

Beasty wrote: »
    I've just nudged the CMods. Hopefully someone wi be along before too long. If not I can try and have a look, but it will not be before tomorrow evening as I'm currently out of the country with limited access

Thanks. And don't worry yourself. It's only two more days. It's curiousity at this stage.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, as no CMod has dropped by, I'll comment

This was your post
    The exact same thing? You absolute liar. No shame at all. Just complete lies.

This is from the Charter
    K-9 wrote: »

Allegations of lying are taken very seriously. Simply calling someone a liar is not acceptable without proof, the onus is on you to provide the proof that they are deliberately and intentionally trying to deceive.

I note you claim above that you made a subsequent attempt to support your allegations, and I'm not going into that at this stage, because on the face of it your post is a very clear breach of the charter. You only seem to have further commented after the person you accused of lying responded to your allegations

Hence without going into any of the "politics" being discussed, I am struggling to see how this was anything other than a blatant breach of charter

I also note you try to bring an earlier sanction into the discussion, but you state that sanction as overturned, so I cannot see any relevance of that action

I think the five-day ban is relevant but if you don't, fair enough. Nothing more needed here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement