Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods of multiple forums should only act towards a user in one of those forums.

Options
  • 21-03-2019 9:31am

I have a week-long ban in my second-most-used forum, and the same mod mods my most-used forum.

I'm basically a dead man walking in the other forum right now. There are more than enough mods so I think a history between poster and mod should be kept to one place.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Moved to Help Desk.

This proposal would require significantly more Mods as they would only be allowed moderate one forum. We have an appeals system in place to review mod actions that may be unjustified or incorrect. While the first step involves trying to find reconciliation with the Moderator who actioned a post, the process then involves CMods and Admins who are further removed from the situation and any possible history between the user and the Moderator.

Moved to Help Desk.

This proposal would require significantly more Mods as they would only be allowed moderate one forum. We have an appeals system in place to review mod actions that may be unjustified or incorrect. While the first step involves trying to find reconciliation with the Moderator who actioned a post, the process then involves CMods and Admins who are further removed from the situation and any possible history between the user and the Moderator.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I have a week-long ban in my second-most-used forum, and the same mod mods my most-used forum.
    I assume that you are discussing AH and Politics forums? If so, I recommend that you contact the Cmods for AH (LEIN or Pawwed Rig) or Politics (Big Bag of Chips or bluewolf or Neyite). We Cmods chat about such issues, so if you PM one they can discuss the issue with others.

Advertisement