Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Eir mobile broadband as we signed up to Eir e-fibre

• 21-03-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi 

We currently have Eir mobile broadband in our home but have recently been advised by an Eir Sales Rep that efibre is now available in our area so we signed up to this. The sales rep advised that we need to cancel the old mobile broadband ourselves. We have tried ringing but we were on hold for over an hour and tried online chat also but they weren't able to help. Can you please cancel the mobile broadband contract for me?

I can send you the details if you can help.. 

Colin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi 

We currently have Eir mobile broadband in our home but have recently been advised by an Eir Sales Rep that efibre is now available in our area so we signed up to this. The sales rep advised that we need to cancel the old mobile broadband ourselves. We have tried ringing but we were on hold for over an hour and tried online chat also but they weren't able to help. Can you please cancel the mobile broadband contract for me?

I can send you the details if you can help.. 

Colin
    Hi irish rover, 

We are unable to process cancellations on social media. You can view details on how to cancel your services here

There are two ways that you can cancel your account. You can either call 1901 and speak to an agent in our loyalty team or you can send a letter. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I've been asking for cancellation confirmation for the last 3 weeks, to no avail.

Time for all of us to cancel our direct debits!

This after eir spend a fortune on changing its name to get rid of old eircom PR issues!
    Hi kennethsmyth, 

I have responded to your PM

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I am not an Eir Expert. ( Required for Boards moderator).

"There are two ways that you can cancel your account. You can either call 1901 and speak to an agent in our loyalty team or you can send a letter. "

Even in the dying days of this forum, Eir continue to tell customers to send an €8 registered post letter to cancel the service or call 1901 and wait for hours with no guarantee of success.

This delay is a legitimate reason to complain by email to:

ccm@eir.ie

If this doesn't work within 10 business days you can escalate to ComReg at

consulerline@comreg.ie

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement