Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Saddle for a Balance Bike, 3/4 yr old

Options
  • 21-03-2019 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find a decent enough quality saddle for a balance bike for my son who's now 2.5 and will probably be using this bike till he's 4. I'm struggling to find anything online.
    It's a Wiggins Pau, saddle is taking in water. I've contacted Halfords by email but still haven't heard back. Saddle is made by Velo.
    saddle post is 22.5mm at the saddle but is tapered and is over 25mm at the seat tube. Saddle width is approx. 125mm, length approx. 210mm.

Regards,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

Most saddles would probably work. You should be able to swap the seat post clamp from the existing saddle onto any new saddle (the rails tend to be fairly standard). I swapped one of my old saddles onto a balance bike for my young fella - looked odd (read big) but he was delighted with it. a lot comfier for him too

Ah crud. Just had a look at the wiggins bike... forget what I just said...

You could get a universal seat clamp which should fit the post then see above re the saddle rails

https://www.amazon.co.uk/B%C3%BCchel-Saddle-Clamp-Universal-95002/dp/B01N79GHQ4/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=seat+clamp&qid=1553177465&s=sports&sr=1-4

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

The clamp is a good idea, thanks. I have a saddle in the garage I could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Judging by the pictures on the website this is not a normal saddle / seatpost fitting arrangement. Looks like the seatpost fits into the saddle base. I suspect you may need to get an original as a replacement or else swap out both the seatpost and saddle.

The Islabike balance bike has a similar arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Thanks for the responses. Halfords finally got back to me yesterday. Seems they can order a replacement so I'll probably go down that route.

Advertisement