Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circle K spin & win [Use PM for links]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭innocent_lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone want a coconut berry red bull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

stdidit wrote:
    Anyone want a coconut berry red bull?

Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Baggly wrote: »
    Please

Sent :)

Much appreciated - thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Rockstar Energy Xdurance, 23 hours left on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Corbother

Wheety wrote: »
    Rockstar Energy Xdurance, 23 hours left on it.

Yes please

glanman wrote: »
    There are plenty of other threads where links/codes are put up on a first come first served basis so just because a few people didn't like that they weren't getting why should that be a rule here?

I know exactly why they're doing it and I agree 100%. There are lurkers just snapping up everything that's posted and not contributing anything to the thread. At the time of posting, there are 76 members and 92 guests in Bargain Alerts. There always seems to be more lurkers than logged in members.

As for it taking too long, that's a joke. Click on the user's name and then 'Send a private message'. Hardly going to ruin your day when you're on the internet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Mint aero to swap and I would prefer a Fanta if possible

PM me!:cool:

92 lurkers wow I didn’t think it would be that high

Site wide its 1,400 registered, 1,581 guests at the mo.

It might be an extra step or two for those who are used to posting a link and leaving it there, but the code is more likely to go to a thread contributor, so i think its worth those extra steps.

• Advertisement

92 lurkers wow I didn’t think it would be that high

Was going to say something about it yesterday but forgot to post. Yesterday (at a later time) the ratio was something like 150 members to 190 guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

I got a reward today of a free choc m&ms and a coke (330ml).
    Willing to swap for a sandwhich or fulfill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Got a warning off mod for posting a link. Easier to post link than pm. At the end of the day circle k are giving away the stuff for free. I don't really care who gets it be it a registered user or guest. Obviously someone on here complained about links being posted and rules were introduced. Nobody is out of pocket here so don't understand the need for the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You can’t swap the monthly rewards as far as I know

Yeah, it's a loyalty card/app scan for that. Can't swap unless you meet in person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

physioman wrote: »
    Got a warning off mod for posting a link. Easier to post link than pm. At the end of the day circle k are giving away the stuff for free. I don't really care who gets it be it a registered user or guest. Obviously someone on here complained about links being posted and rules were introduced. Nobody is out of pocket here so don't understand the need for the rules.

The only loser will be Mitchelstown guy

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a loyalty card/app scan for that. Can't swap unless you meet in person!

Ahhh that's annoying! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've done some tidying up on this mornings postings.
    So why not post links? Because we received a large number of PMs from regular users stating that they go into the CircleK and the freebie was gone. Plus we have "users" aka lurkers who are not even on this forum picking up the freebies. Some users had evidence of certain locations getting a very large majority of freebies.
    Does it take longer? Yes. But at least the community is helping each other.
    Please do not engage in backseat moderation on this forum and understand we're only trying to do what's fair overall.
    If people want links and wasting lots of valuable time getting embarrassed at the counter, then we can revert to that too. But I don't believe that would be a good step.

kingtut wrote: »
    The only loser will be Mitchelstown guy

Yeah in fairness I'd say him, ballincollig carrigaline and thomond seem to be the ones most likely to redeem them. Look it's free stuff so good luck to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marina24

Have 4c off fuel- only 6 hours left.

Gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

marina24 wrote: »
    Have 4c off fuel- only 6 hours left.

please

TheDriver wrote: »

If people want links and wasting lots of valuable time getting embarrassed at the counter, then we can revert to that too.

Yes I would like the choice of doing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

TheDriver wrote: »
    I've done some tidying up on this mornings postings.
    So why not post links? Because we received a large number of PMs from regular users stating that they go into the CircleK and the freebie was gone. Plus we have "users" aka lurkers who are not even on this forum picking up the freebies. Some users had evidence of certain locations getting a very large majority of freebies.
    Does it take longer? Yes. But at least the community is helping each other.
    Please do not engage in backseat moderation on this forum and understand we're only trying to do what's fair overall.
    If people want links and wasting lots of valuable time getting embarrassed at the counter, then we can revert to that too. But I don't believe that would be a good step.
    Can I ask a question on this? How are people getting embarrassed at the counter? They should know whether the voucher is valid or not as they should have redeemed it themselves for the location. :confused:

Yes I would like the choice of doing either

+1

Easy to send a PM if want your prize going to a particular person.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Can I ask a question on this? How are people getting embarrassed at the counter? They should know whether the voucher is valid or not as they should have redeemed it themselves for the location. :confused:

At a guess I'd say it's like this:

You claim the prize for say Thomond, I arrive before you and claim the prize. When you turn up they say that the voucher has already been scanned/unused.

Probably with the public links I suppose is that people are activating them immediately rather than waiting until they are at the petrol station.

What people are doing is clicking on the links. Redeeming the code for a chosen store. Let's say mitchelstown because it is the most popular one in Ireland. They are taking screen shots of the code and once you can do this you can use it anytime in any store. Doesn't have to be store it was redeemed in. So let's say when someone clicks on the link posted here publicly, 100 people could screenshot it and try to use it at a later date. But it could be used up by the time they go to use it.

• Advertisement

Example
    Example
    Example

Ah lads come on, if, and that is a big if that is happening nobody can complain about being embarrassed. They knew what they were doing trying to claim it before the person who redeemed the link first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 quinne22

Yorkie with under 2 hours left won’t get a chance to use it. First to pm can have it.

Edit: Gone

Did someone say you get free goodies for entering Play or Park?

Yes every month you get a consolation prize of a can of coke and m&ms or popcorn and water
    They sometimes change them slightly

I entered and haven't got anything yet. Does it come later or is it after the draw?

Wheety wrote: »
    I entered and haven't got anything yet. Does it come later or is it after the draw?

Usually comes the first of each month after they do the draw.

• Advertisement

Ah lads come on, if, and that is a big if that is happening nobody can complain about being embarrassed. They knew what they were doing trying to claim it before the person who redeemed the link first.

Ermm ... it is the person who activated the prize that gets embarrassed as they are not expecting someone else to claim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

4c per litre off anyone?
    Swap would be nice but not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

Gone

Air freshener for anyone? pm please cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Leyanne

I have 4c per litre off -expire in 6hrs. Also ice lolly-expire 1day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Leyanne wrote: »

Ice Pops please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I've a Rockstar Guava - if anyone had something sweet in return it would be nice! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I've a Rockstar Guava - if anyone had something sweet in return it would be nice! :cool:

ice pops with under a day left? 20 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

etxp wrote: »
    ice pops with under a day left? 20 hours.

Had them already and another pack in the freezer - they aren't great! But if nobody else offers something I'll send the code on later - thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

etxp wrote: »
    Have ice pops with one day left on them for the redbull?

is still available?

Ermm ... it is the person who activated the prize that gets embarrassed as they are not expecting someone else to claim it.
    My point is that if you redeem it while in store then there is fcuk all chance of someone getting in ahead of you. If you redeem a link posted here publicly and are saving it for later well then tough sh1t really if someone uses it ahead of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have a Rockstar Guava, want to swap for 4c off fuel
    EDIT:-- Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

20 hours of a Yorkie remaining ~ pm and it's yours..

I'm convinced chances of winning are better if you use your prize daily (i'm on an outrageous streak!)

EDIT: Extremely high demand for the Yorkie with some world record response times, but m'afraid it's gone.

EDIT #2:

I've now got 4c off fuel up for grabs. The car's full to the brim ,so won't need this either.

To avoid bombardment, and a top tip I got from the Yorkie experience, first to quote this message , pm me and you'll have dibs on the cheaper fuel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Swap wanted:
    I have a Mint Aero and a coffee and I'm looking for a car wash.

Shlippery wrote: »
    20 hours of a Yorkie remaining ~ pm and it's yours..

I'm convinced chances of winning are better if you use your prize daily (i'm on an outrageous streak!)

I have this experience too. I haven't won while still 'holding' a prize. I've had where people on here have requested an item and not claimed it and I haven't won the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ballygowan drink for give away.

Quote this post and I will PM you the link.

GONE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Ballygowan drink for give away.

Quote this post and I will PM you the link.

I will take thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Check you PM.
    deep1 wrote: »
    I will take thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Leyanne wrote: »

Have u still got the 4c off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Coffee for first to pm

• Advertisement