Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.iol email

Options
  • 21-03-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Is this email I got genuine saying you are now taking over iol email servers?

What is the long term plan as regards charging for the service?

Comments

m8 wrote: »
    Is this email I got genuine saying you are now taking over iol email servers?

What is the long term plan as regards charging for the service?
    Yes we are taking over all of the legacy free email services from IOL, EsatClear and OceanFree 
    See: https://blacknight.blog/blacknight-is-taking-over-the-iol-esat-oceanfree-email-services.html

We intend to continue offering the service for the foreseeable future and have committed to not charging anything for the next 12 months:
    https://www.blacknight.com/savemyemail/

If you have any questions please let us know, though for account specific queries please channel them via our Helpdesk

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Something has changed as I no longer getting my iol email, this is very important to me as this is my main email address. The server I was getting email from was pop.iol.ie

Do I need to change servers as I was not informed of this?

Have checked the FAQ and can't see anything about it?

Maybe there is a fault.

Ok I figured it out by access the webmail at the new address and found the email you sent me.
    How was I going to get this email with the details after you moved my account...lol

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Something has changed as I no longer getting my iol email, this is very important to me as this is my main email address. The server I was getting email from was pop.iol.ie

Maybe there is a fault.
    The new mail server details are here: https://help.blacknight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000572097-Mail-server-settings-for-BT-legacy-email-accounts-

According to this you needed to opt-in within 30 days, did you do that?

Maybe there is a fault.

Ok I figured it out by access the webmail at the new address and found the email you sent me.
    How was I going to get this email with the details after you moved my account...lol
    If you're still having issues please contact our helpdesk and they'll be able to see if your email was moved over to us fully or not.
    Please provide the IOL email address you're having the issues with.

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Have transferred my IOL email over to Blacknight.
    Am receiving incoming mail OK, but cannot send emails.
    Various error messages.
    1. Recipient rejected by Server
    2. Relay error

I am using webmail.email.hosting as my outgoing SMTP Server.
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement

tadgh wrote: »
    Have transferred my IOL email over to Blacknight.
    Am receiving incoming mail OK, but cannot send emails.
    Various error messages.
    1. Recipient rejected by Server
    2. Relay error

I am using webmail.email.hosting as my outgoing SMTP Server.
    Any ideas?
    Please contact our helpdesk and they'll be able to advise
    Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Spocker wrote: »

Maybe there is a fault.
    The new mail server details are here: https://help.blacknight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000572097-Mail-server-settings-for-BT-legacy-email-accounts-

According to this you needed to opt-in within 30 days, did you do that?
    Yes opted in now and all working, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

I opted in to this but when I try to login it fails. I can't see any option for lost password or such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

mossie wrote: »
    I opted in to this but when I try to login it fails. I can't see any option for lost password or such.
    you should contact their helpdesk

If any of you are having issues please contact our helpdesk

• Advertisement
Advertisement