Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance quote

Options
  • 21-03-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi Just got a quote in from FBD for 749 euros for my insurance, I have full no claims and every thing is clean.

Looked at an post insurance and i nearly have to price for same policy.

Could oi be missing something, only discovered post insurance this morning.

Anyone else experience's with them.

Too good to be true?

Comments

I was exactly in your position in January. FBD tried to rob me blind (upped my renewal by €200) so went with Post. Same policy for half the price.
    FBD underwrite An Post Insurance so have no idea what's going on. The girl in FBD couldn't even tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

I was exactly in your position in January. FBD tried to rob me blind (upped my renewal by €200) so went with Post. Same policy for half the price.
    FBD underwrite An Post Insurance so have no idea what's going on. The girl in FBD couldn't even tell me.

Thats crazy money, bones off 350 euro difference. Lady in a broker told me double check police before agreeing.

I cant find any issue that why i throw it up here, see if anyone has had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fbd are funny. They wouldn't quote me directly, but would have no problem through an post.

No catch, just compare the main benefits and pick the cheaper one if all looks similar ;)

They could be just trying to get new customers and up the cost next renewal. Anyway, was quick and easy to change to them and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Policy up early next month so gave An Post a go for a quote. Showing as €688 for me with full NCB and clean license. FBD are even worse at €759.
    Currently with 123.ie and no one coming near the renewal quote of €465
    Such a painful process every year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement