Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to extend fibre rollout - private line ?

• 21-03-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

HI,
    Eir Fibre is being rolled out and will end up approx 2km away from me, is it possible to get the line extended via private funding and who would I contact for a quotation ?
    Thanking you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Big Lar wrote: »
    HI,
    Eir Fibre is being rolled out and will end up approx 2km away from me, is it possible to get the line extended via private funding and who would I contact for a quotation ?
    Thanking you
    Hi Big Lar, 

You will need to contact our sales team on 1800503303 and they will be able to investigate if fibre can be installed at your address. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Don't waste your time. It's not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

That won't be a cheap quotation and it's unlikely to happen as their already way behind on their committed rollout
    The best port of call is the planning department of openeir or fibrepower@openeir.ie
    They might come back to you when they have finished the rollout which is a while off

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Where I live in east Co Galway, the fibre broadband rollout ends 600m from my house on one side and less than 1km on the other, leaving many people and me stuck in the middle! We were told that there was nothing they could do, that the decision was made and that essentially that we will have to put up with substandard internet access for the "foreseeable future". Not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

HI,
    Thanking you
    Hi Big Lar

It is not possible to pay private for a fibre Line extension I'm afraid. 

Kind regards

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

eir: Linzi wrote:

Thanks Linzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Originally posted by eir: Linzi

Thanks Linzi
    No problem, sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.  

~Linzi

Advertisement