Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vrt valuations

• 21-03-2019 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any idea how long vrt valuations are taking at moment. Form states 10 days but it taking longer at moment. Did anyone get valuation done recently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

hotrodder wrote: »
    Any idea how long vrt valuations are taking at moment. Form states 10 days but it taking longer at moment. Did anyone get valuation done recently

I was onto revenue to get their pulse on it currently. They said there's a 3-4 week backlog and all assessments are being done based off a queue system.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109718756 . <-- the scenario i'm currently in in case it's similar to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

corvus4906 wrote: »
    I was onto revenue to get their pulse on it currently. They said there's a 3-4 week backlog and all assessments are being done based off a queue system.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109718756 . <-- the scenario i'm currently in in case it's similar to yourself.

As above, minimum 4 weeks for some I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hotrodder

michellie wrote: »
    As above, minimum 4 weeks for some I've seen.

Are all cars taking 4 weeks so just some. This is my 3rd week. I was hoping to have it sorted this week

Are all cars taking 4 weeks so just some. This is my 3rd week. I was hoping to have it sorted this week

Everything taking 3/4 weeks. Looks like they are speeding things up this week, there were a lot of people called today, i expect tomorrow to be very busy with a lot more processed.

Revenues system crashed Monday and it was down for the whole day.

michellie wrote: »
    ... there were a lot of people called today, i expect tomorrow to be very busy with a lot more processed.

How do you know this :)? am just coming up on 2 weeks - eager to get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

been waiting 5 weeks, insurance company would only cover for 28 days and in the absence of any documentation
    from revenue would not extend my insurance policy on UK plate

De_man wrote: »
    been waiting 5 weeks, insurance company would only cover for 28 days and in the absence of any documentation
    from revenue would not extend my insurance policy on UK plate

Were you waiting five weeks for valuation alone or does that include period waiting for check at Nct centre as well. If so how long was valuation wait. Do they call you in evening time with valuation or do they call u during day. Just checking because might miss call when at work.

Were you waiting five weeks for valuation alone or does that include period waiting for check at Nct centre as well. If so how long was valuation wait. Do they call you in evening time with valuation or do they call u during day. Just checking because might miss call when at work.

They call during the day, you may be emailed too. Ring the call centre go see if they've an update on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

michellie wrote:
    They call during the day, you may be emailed too. Ring the call centre go see if they've an update on it.

Got mine done a month ago. Was waiting 3 weeks. They will send u a text message with a number to ring. Once u get the amount to pay you can call in anytime to pay it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

in the VRT centre last Tuesday. Lad had a car for 5 weeks waiting on the valuation.

• Advertisement

ewj1978 wrote: »
    in the VRT centre last Tuesday. Lad had a car for 5 weeks waiting on the valuation.

I wonder if certain models are slower. They appear to be coming back faster than 3 weeks for some people. I'm on 4th week now and no sign of anything

I wonder if certain models are slower. They appear to be coming back faster than 3 weeks for some people. I'm on 4th week now and no sign of anything

I called them and this was the impression i got - seemed to be certain people who dealt with certain make cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Hi I got the details yesterday

I had the original appointment in 10 days, 5 1/2 weeks to be told how much I owe them, ended parking the car up after 28 days

You won't miss the call, they send you a text message to phone them with your reference number, they'll then tell you how much you owe

Got my valuation today - 17 days later ...so not so bad in the end.

130 quid more than the revenue site estimation calculator (somehow this is a relief it's not massively more)

corvus4906 wrote: »
    Got my valuation today - 17 days later ...so not so bad in the end.

130 quid more than the revenue site estimation calculator (somehow this is a relief it's not massively more)

Just to add (to close out my saga)...I went and paid my VRT last night in the VRT office.
    The final price quoted was less than what they quoted me earlier on over the phone.

So Revenue.ie estimator calculated X Euro.
    Assessment after 17 days quoted me X + 150.
    When actually paying it they charged X - 130.

Such an inexact and frustrating process. Glad it's done with. Likely will avoid importing a car in the future.

Advertisement