Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

Thanks for the reply @Caranica , understand it is a crystal ball questions :)

• Yes passport expired in 2020
    • Applied online
    • I wonder if I misspelt my mothers maiden name or I got randomly selected for extra scrutiny 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Or you share a name or other details with someone on a watch list or a stolen passport. Something is definitely odd about your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

That's it...I had a passport stolen about 20 years ago...I guess that is going to follow me around for life!!!

Do you think it could get further delayed 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

Well, for your interest:

9th March: 2 online applications (first time)

10th March:Tracker moves to "Alert" stage - you need to send supporting documents

18th March: "Processing application" - supposedly verifying the documents they've now received.

7th April: Tracker moves to "Processing application: your application is being processed."

4th May: This is the estimated issue date. No passport as yet.

Today, 30th May: witness texts me at 15.11 to say that someone from Passport office rang her to verify my husband's application. While on she mentioned my application to him and he pulled up my application to save a further call to confirm for me as well.

Today, 30th May: at 15.25 I checked the Passport tracker and it said "Printing" for my husband's passport and mine went to "Printing" after the 17.20 update.

I have no idea how long it takes from Printing to actually receiving the passport but at least we're getting somewhere. This proves to me that contacting the witness is about the last thing they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm just wondering if everyone here is using Gardai for their witness?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it could. Stolen passports are treated very seriously and draw additional scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 km882022

Does anyone have any good news or has anyone gotten 1st time children passport issued earlier than estimated date?

Need a bit of hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 overandabove

Apologises if this has been asked earlier on in thread just wondering have many people got TDs to contact passport office on their behalf and has this been successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

In my case I have Tds calling the passport office and emailing regularly and it hasn't helped at all. We are due to fly Friday and no sign of the passport.

We can't even rebook our flights until we know its gone to print as the guy I spoke to in the passport office today said of they call three times and the garda doesn't answer its automatically refused and we have to reapply for a third time.... disgraceful joke of a system.

From my many, many calls and emails I gather you are in a queue and that's it, TD can do diddly squat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

You can get a copy from the GRO Office and use this.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Did you go to a Garda station that's only open a few hours a week?

No its manned 24 hours. I was ringing them myself earlier and no one was answering ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helenjane

I’m in a similar situation, travel date of the 12th issue date of the 15th and not feeling very hopeful. Has your issue date passed? It’s very stressful!

Some TDs have more success than others. Government parties would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 curlybap

Does anyone know the craic with photocopy of guardians passport? Applied in Feb for FTP for my son and submitted our original birth certs, which is what it says on the form. Either or. But phoned yesterday and she said they’d definitely look for that and to send it on with a cover note. She couldn’t send me a resubmission link. Tracked with An Post and they’ve received it this morning but I know it could take days to be reflected on the system just wondering what the hell is going on really. Flying out in 14 days but that is looking like it ain’t happening. Have a TD on the case who said birth certs should suffice but now they’ve asked for it we have to provide it. Any advice?

Yes the two who went above and beyond are FF and FG. Unfortunately it has not helped in my case.

It was printed yesterday evening but fifty fifty if I will have it tomorrow as despite daily calls from myself and various TDs with a reminder that I would collect it, they have gone ahead and posted it. Disgrace of a 'service'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helenjane

Fingers crossed for you. I spoke to someone yesterday who said no problem will put a note on the system and you can collect it once ready. Then today when I was speaking with someone for an update they said no even if a note is there it will be posted…the whole thing is so frustrating! Anyway hope you get going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

webchat turned green after a week of checking it! although i'm hanging for the last 30 mins waiting for my query to go through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

For a first time passport application for a child's passport, with both parent's being Irish, is none, one or both of the parents' birth certificates required to be attached to the application or is it just (only) the child's birth certificate?

(I find the the DFA's scenarios for a child's first time application requirements to not be very clear on this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 curlybap

It is both parents original birth certs OR photocopy of Irish passport. Although we were told to send the photocopy in yesterday despite them having the original birth certs for us all. So send everything would be my advice lol

Thanks a mill. Dealing with An Post now and they have been so helpful. Hoping to collect it from the sorting office in Crumlin tonight or the morning before we fly.

I was in the passport office today when she told me it was posted. I asked her could she the daily calls logged requested a collection.

She said 'yes i can, it happens, sorry'.

Not her fault but don't bank on a collection as seems like it's the luck of the draw. Wishing you the best too!

OK so as you know ours went very smoothly so this is what we sent for First Time Child applicant.

A copy of both of our passports(Both Irish) and our child's orginial birth cert. My husband thinks parents have to send passports rather than their birth certs if you have them( cants fully remember) That would make sense as proves the parents have Irish citizenship.

We also got form signed and witnessed in local busy Dublin Garda Station.

Just mentioning that because read a ridiculous article today tha they only try ringing Garda Station 3 times(so useless for some part time stations!) and if no answer they cancel your application.

An absolute shambles.

Here is the latest update, you couldn't make it up.

For anyone in a similar situation I can't say enough good things about An Post. We just got a call from the sorting office and my husband is on the way to collect the passport less than 24 hours before we fly. They were extremely helpful and kind to deal with. A very nice experience after the shambles that is the passport office. Good luck to anyone still waiting and hopefully they will get their act together to spare others the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Oh my God. A daily list to Garda management. They’ll probably post it. Dark ages

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Hi Curlybap. How long was your application in the system before they requested the photos of the passports from you?

I'd say the same about An Post, ours got delivered in middle of day and not normal postman or van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 first time applicant

My daughter's first time has finally gone to print yesterday. Initial date was 5th may but had to resubmit as dates were signed different dates as guards. Her new date was 8th of June. We fly the 16th June. Just waiting on my son's first aswell now. His was the same boat wrong date. Fingers crossed for everyone. It's so stressful. Was about to cancel. I had gotten on to TDS. So not sure if that had speeded things up for me. They told me there will be extra workers in passport this weekend to clear up some backlog.

Advertisement