Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

If someone is a legal guardian, you must show that you tried to make contact with this guardian before you get the above order to dispense with their consent. The solicitor is correct as the judge won’t issue the order if no attempts were made to contact the other guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oifiganchip

Hi all,

My family and I are booked to fly out on holiday next Tuesday and have just realised one of our passports has expired, our eldest son (5year old). To say we are absolutely sick is an understatement.

Is there a one day service running in the Dublin or Cork passport offices at the moment? There is some information about it online but it is coming up no appointments available..ever!

I plan to take him into the Dublin office first thing tomorrow morning and bed for mercy but I'm afraid for the worst.

Has anyone recently gotten a last minute passport? I am literally willing to do anything to get the poor pet a passport. I'm sick that he is going to miss out due to his idiot parents. This is his first holiday and all he has talked about since Christmas.

Any help would be much appreciated, my partner and I are absolutely beside ourselves with worry and guilt over the situation.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

I am in a similar situation with my daughters passport - long shot, but try emailing travelemergency@dfat.ie to see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Did you get sorted? Any advice for those in similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Can a 15 year old Irish child travel with her parents from Dublin to London (Aer Lingus) without a valid passport and use a birth certificate instead?

Both parents have valid passports btw.

Even though we applied 6 weeks ago, according to the passport tracker - my child's passport issue date is 3 days after we are due to fly out and i'm starting to panic.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Is the tracker accurate from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 William_Flynn

Check your airline's website, as each airline has slightly different rules.

Aer Lingus' website says "Citizens of Ireland and Britain under the age of 16 don’t need a photo ID if travelling with their parent/guardian."

• Hi folks.

Irish Passport Application via Irish Grandparent

My wife has been living and working in Ireland since 1998. Grandparent Irish born.

On the dfa.ie website "How to apply for a Passport" it doesn't seem to mention eligibility via Irish grandparent, just Naturalisation Certificate route.

Does the standalone Irish grandparent eligibility route no longer apply? (If it ever did exist?).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Guys. I am waitng on one passport and it is due to be posted 3 days after we fly. Is there any way the emergency service can be used for this. Anyone have experience thanks

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Claiming citizenship through a Grandparent is Foreign Birth Registration. If it is granted you can then apply for a passport.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

• @Nigel Fairservice . Thanks sooooooo much. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Is the tracking website down, or just for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

Advice on a damaged passport!

The dog chewed through my passport this evening rendering it pretty much useless😫🐶

What is the best way to get it renewed. I am hoping to travel mid July

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Online renewal be with you in a few days. Assuming there’s no complication with your situation. I had mine in less than 24 hours a few years back. Few others here with similar stories. Shouldn’t take longer than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Tracking is down

and ringing their main phone number gets "We're sorry, your call did not get through" 😯

And their webchat is greyed out saying "all our webchat are busy helping other customers" - which they may well be, but surely a modern webchat would have a queueing system

• Thanks for that.

Does anyone know how long Foreign Birth Registration Application take from submission to certification.

The website saying 9 months wait list.

Thanks.

• Requirement on Passport Application Form:

I'm applying for new passport and confused about this requirement:

"Irish Born Parents Civil Marriage Certificate".

Is this the obvious? Do I need a copy of my mothers marriage certificate? I cant see why this is needed if i have her birth certificate and she was born in Ireland?

DFA guidelines says "Your parents' civil marriage certificate, if applicable, should be submitted".

Thanks.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

If they’re asking for it, then it’s required I would say

• Foreign Birth Registration:

Existing UK Passport needs to be sent to DFA with application.

DFA advises that the FBR application process takes 9 months. Current UK Passport needs to be sent as part of application.

Surely the DFA wont keep the passport for 9 months? Is it sent back to the applicant at the start of application process?

Thanks

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Yes indeed thanks for that, I guess the "if applicable" part means, if the parent was married.

• Foreign Birth Registration:

Could anyone confirm this requirement for the grandparent.

In all cases you should send the Irish citizen’s:

• Original marriage certificate or change of name document (if applicable).

ie; The grandparent is Irish male. Does this literally mean I have to get his marriage certificate? I'm confused as to what "if applicable means".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If applicable means if they did get married?

• Re: Foreign Birth Registration: Date differences on Birth Cert and Death certificate.

Hi I'm currently assisting an application for Foreign Birth Registration.

There are date differences on the Birth Cert and Death certificate. On the death cert the birth date (day and month) are completely different and 7 years later.

I'm aware there are many reasons why this might have occurred, but will it delay or could it prevent an application for Foreign Birth Registration?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jah718718

Hi all, I applied for first time passport for my son on 30th April from abroad (country that can do the online application) - documents were submitted to local embassy and then sent to Ireland - documents received by passport office on 11th May. The estimated issue date is 9th June. Obviously now is the 19th of June and no movement on it since. Does anyone know how much longer it is likely to take?

Is it safe to assume that there was no issues with the documentation or is there still a chance they could come back to me looking for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Bubblegum19

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that ye are having issues, I'm afraid I may be in the same boat!

Renewing my passport and received an email today to send on my original birth certificate. I followed the link to get the cover page however I didn't receive an email.

Is there a wait time for the link? I was going to just post it off to the passport office with my application number ect.and hope for the best would- not sure if this works.

I tried calling, was disappointed to learn they no longer take calls.

Any of your help appreciated with this 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Might not be much use to people but just wanted to mention processing times for passport card. Renewed my passport card lately, and from when I submitted it to having it delivered was 6-7 days in total (including a weekend). The estimed time on the website was saying it would be another week.

Advertisement