Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I applied for a child first time passport on the 12. April (target date was May 15th). Today I received an email that one of the documents wasn't fill out correctly (witness and parent signed on different dates). I resubmitted the documents today, does anyone have any experience how long it might take from here? Am back in another 5 week queue? My brother is getting married in mid June and I'm starting to think I should cancel the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

yeah unfortunately back to end of Q in my experience.. I made a silly mistake and it sat processing for 3 weeks after I sent back in the paperwork..

Yikes, fixed the issue the day after sending it back and now it's giving me an estimate of June 20th. Guess I won't be going to my brothers wedding. Over 2 months to get a passport and no guarantee it'll be here after that time, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roundone

.b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Can someone confirm something for me. I am applying for a first passport for my 10 year old and have printed up the "Child Passport Identity and Consent Form". The form clearly states I need the first part (Verification of Identity and Guardian A) signed and witnessed by a member of the Gardai and the Guardian B can be witnessed by anyone detailed on the profession list in section "Witnesses For Guardian B ONLY (Must Be Practising)".

So to avoid having to cram the whole family into the car, I decided I would go alone with my son to the station for his identity and mine to be signed and witnessed. When I arrived the Garda at the desk refused to do so on the basis that both guardians need to be present. Now FFS, it clearly states that only Guardian A needs to be witnessed by the Gardai.

Has anyone else experienced this or have I just been a victim of someone who doesn't know their job?

It clearly states at the top of the form:
    "A member of An Garda Síochána must verify the identity of the child and the signature of Guardian A (sign both relevant boxes)." Nowhere does it state the requirement for both guardians to be present to verify the identity of the child or guardian A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I lost my passport way back in April and applied for a replacement. A few weeks later they asked for a more suitable photo. I went to Dundrum SC and got one taken at the Fuji shop and submitted the code.

When I go online to track I get “there was a problem with your application, follow instructions in the email, which I did. Further to that “it is being processed” when I tap status history. I’m due to go on a Ryanair flight to England in July, and that airline requires passport, unlike Aer Lingus.

Web chat seems to be perpetually unavailable as are phone queries. Impossible to know if I will get my passport in time.

Another complexity, I found my old passport when it dropped out of a book which I had put inside a bag at the bottom of a suitcase. How I managed to put it there, I don’t know, except I was ill enough around that time that I had to go into hospital and not thinking straight. There’s no part of passport application where I can de late this. I presume they will automatically cancel the lost passport and that any attempt to declare it mid-process would put a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

firstly, I cant add too much except that if you had the passport card that a few here dont see the point of and are so sceptical about, you'd be good to travel.

secondly, Im in the same situation with book passport mislaid after a big move (but ive a passport card so can travel all over europe or to UK no probs, even on ryanair) so could need to order a replacement sooner or later if it doesnt turn up.

The question is, has anyone experience of how quick a "renewal" of a lost passport can take, for someone who hasnt lost one before ?

Received my documents back today but passport is still processing, very strange as from what I've heard documents are always sent back after the passport has been issued?

Still in passport woes. Some time back I went to Fuji Dundrum and got a photo code for re-submission. Site acknowledged submission had gone through, but no follow up email or anything, and tracker showed up it was still in same position. Any attempt at web chat showed it was too busy and not accepting chat.

Yesterday phoned passport office and got through after a while, the woman told me no photo had come through that time and sent me another re-submission number via email. Today tracker showed same scenario, no update, no acknowledgement of receipt of photo. So this afternoon I phoned again and was told yet another number would be sent. I asked why they seem to keep going into black holes and what she asked next was a revelation.

“Are you perhaps doing this on your mobile phone?” Yes, I answered. “It doesn’t work on phones, has to be on PC or laptop”. All that time wasted for want of this vital piece of info.

I have an MS-related problem with close vision and find using large screens difficult and tiresome, so I do most stuff on my phone which is easier on the divergent eye muscles. Everything else on DFA site seems to work via phone, I do banking with my phone, all my day to day stuff. I had no reason to believe that a PC/laptop was essential when submitting or re-submitting photo codes.

Im going to try and highlight this in Liveline, as there must be a few more than me stuck in this limbo.

got onto passport office again this morning. They took time to deal with my issue and investigated, and the conclusion they came to is that my photo on ID Station server must not be reaching passport services when “called”. They aren’t aware of previous instances but said there may well be people out there in same situation.

In the meantime they said they still have my old rejected photo, but supervisor thinks it should really be ok for passport as shine on glasses looks insignificant to her. She is sending it for reassessment to try and hurry things up.

• Advertisement

EUREKA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭pah

Daughter applied for her first adult passport but assumed it was a first time application (for an adult passport) seeing as they make such a big deal about the difference. Has had a few child passports. Not going to arrive in time for her flights this weekend.

Been on the phone with them and not very helpful. We made the mistake obviously in not selecting a renewal but surely whoever opened the application and saw the previous passport should have flagged it and sent an email? She could have made a renewal application then and would have got it in time. Instead they continued to process it as a new first time application? Frustrated and disappointed in ourselves and with DFA also.

Advertisement