Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

There is no API for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

The OP said he also used it for Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I meant when the OP did API.

OP was travelling to Paris, API is not required for travel to France. I see the OP previously travelled with that passport to Spain, just goes to show that their requirement for API is nonsense, probably to keep a few hundred civil servants in jobs. Which they clearly do badly.

Aer Lingus says API is required for Netherlands, Spain and Portugal. And obviously USA.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/passports-and-visas/travel-within-europe/#/tab-0-acceptable-identification

OP was travelling to Paris, API is not required for travel to France. I see the OP previously travelled with that passport to Spain, just goes to show that their requirement for API is nonsense, probably to keep a few hundred civil servants in jobs. Which they clearly do badly.

Aer Lingus says API is required for Netherlands, Spain and Portugal. And obviously USA.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/passports-and-visas/travel-within-europe/#/tab-0-acceptable-identification

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Yep went to both Malaga and salou with no issues! Also somehow managed to get a visa and travel to Turkey with this passport?! Going to the passport office tomorrow to check it out. When I asked the French airport police why it hasn’t given me problems enter other countries before and they said other countries don’t have their controls as tight as they do that they input every passport number through their computers and other countries just look at the passports.

• Advertisement

Yep went to both Malaga and salou with no issues! Also somehow managed to get a visa and travel to Turkey with this passport?! Going to the passport office tomorrow to check it out. When I asked the French airport police why it hasn’t given me problems enter other countries before and they said other countries don’t have their controls as tight as they do that they input every passport number through their computers and other countries just look at the passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Did you ever have an unpaid parking or speeding fine in France.

dingding wrote: »

No this was actually my first time going to France and passport definitely registered lost/stolen and invalid.

No this was actually my first time going to France and passport definitely registered lost/stolen and invalid.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Would anyone know please how long it is taking recently to get a passport sent to you when you apply online from Ireland? It says eight working days, not including postage, but wondering if this is about right.

Would anyone know please how long it is taking recently to get a passport sent to you when you apply online from Ireland? It says eight working days, not including postage, but wondering if this is about right.

It normally comes within 2 to 3 days provided there are no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Usually quicker. I got mine 2 days after application. That was in June

Advertisement