Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Usually quicker. I got mine 2 days after application. That was in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Could someone help me please. Due to fly today but my passport was out of date. Looked at the rapid renewals service but it doesnt open its booking portal until 12.30 on Sunday for a next day appointment. If i get a Monday appointment will I receive my passport that same day? My flight was changed to Tuesday early morning. Thanks.

Could someone help me please. Due to fly today but my passport was out of date. Looked at the rapid renewals service but it doesnt open its booking portal until 12.30 on Sunday for a next day appointment. If i get a Monday appointment will I receive my passport that same day? My flight was changed to Tuesday early morning. Thanks.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I’d get onto the passport office and ask for an explanation.

It looks like somehow the passport was flagged on a system as stolen / lost.
    Maybe someone somewhere keyed a wrong passport number?

It doesn’t necessarily mean it was done in Ireland or by the Irish passport office but you should definitely follow up to ensure your data is correct.

I would suggest also possibly contacting Simon Coveney’s office and copying in your local TD.

You were lucky you weren’t traveling to the US, as that could have been a lot rougher than simply being put onto a returning flight.

If there’s nothing wrong on the Irish side, follow up with the French embassy in Dublin too.

I wouldn’t let that drop as being erroneously on a database like that for travel can cause all sorts of issues.

France is being very strict on checking passports agains several databases, but it doesn’t mean the data is always 100% reliable.

It doesn’t necessarily mean it was done in Ireland or by the Irish passport office but you should definitely follow up to ensure your data is correct.

I would suggest also possibly contacting Simon Coveney’s office and copying in your local TD.

You were lucky you weren’t traveling to the US, as that could have been a lot rougher than simply being put onto a returning flight.

If there’s nothing wrong on the Irish side, follow up with the French embassy in Dublin too.

I wouldn’t let that drop as being erroneously on a database like that for travel can cause all sorts of issues.

France is being very strict on checking passports agains several databases, but it doesn’t mean the data is always 100% reliable.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭kindalen

Any update op?

Any update op?

Any update op?

Any update op?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Taxuser1 wrote: »

If it’s a rapid renewal appointment, you’ll get it before your flight

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Any place cheaper than loveholidays?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where are you looking to travel to?

M

M

M

playa de las americas,tenerife.mate,Also do i have to pay for a 10kg bag onto the plane with ryanair?Aerlingus was free 6 months ago

playa de las americas,tenerife.mate,Also do i have to pay for a 10kg bag onto the plane with ryanair?Aerlingus was free 6 months ago

• Advertisement

Advertisement