Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭dazzymc

Anyone used an Irish passport card for entry to the canaries? Any issues? Flying with ryanair next week and not sure if I need to bring the full passport or just the passport card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

It is in the EU so no issues in that regard. Ryanair accept Passport Cards. You should have no problems.

It is in the EU so no issues in that regard. Ryanair accept Passport Cards. You should have no problems.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the logical answer. Ryanair don't anyways follow logic 😂. I was thinking the same about it being in the EU but the fact that they have special status is throwing me.

Yeah that's the logical answer. Ryanair don't anyways follow logic 😂. I was thinking the same about it being in the EU but the fact that they have special status is throwing me.

Their special status is in relation to customs only.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Online passport is a way to go .... Applied for renewal last Sunday night , photo by my daughter on her iPhone . Paid €80 for online passport . Got it after dinner today . Three Days is fantastic .

Online passport is a way to go .... Applied for renewal last Sunday night , photo by my daughter on her iPhone . Paid €80 for online passport . Got it after dinner today . Three Days is fantastic .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FutbolCian

Hi folks, don't know if I am asking in the right place but my friend needs to renew his Romanian passport. Does anybody have any idea how long it may take or if it is of similar length to an Irish passport renewal? Any help much appreciated

Hi folks, don't know if I am asking in the right place but my friend needs to renew his Romanian passport. Does anybody have any idea how long it may take or if it is of similar length to an Irish passport renewal? Any help much appreciated

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

FutbolCian wrote: »

An appointment at the embassy is required, these can take some time to secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following query.

I’m planning on moving to Canada in April 2019. I was granted a 2 year working holiday visa last April and the latest I can arrive before it expires on entry is next April.

My current passport expires in May 2020.

My dilemma is that if I go on my current passport that my visa will be limited to May 2020 (passport expiry date).

I have tried to see can I renew my passport now via the website but I’m told I can’t until it is at least within 1 year of the expiration date. Plus it always seems difficult to travel when a passport is within 6 months of expiry when I am over there.

Can I renew my passport now manually or via written application or am I screwed by the timing of both the visa expiration and passport expirations dates.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I’m planning on moving to Canada in April 2019. I was granted a 2 year working holiday visa last April and the latest I can arrive before it expires on entry is next April.

My dilemma is that if I go on my current passport that my visa will be limited to May 2020 (passport expiry date).

I have tried to see can I renew my passport now via the website but I’m told I can’t until it is at least within 1 year of the expiration date. Plus it always seems difficult to travel when a passport is within 6 months of expiry when I am over there.

Can I renew my passport now manually or via written application or am I screwed by the timing of both the visa expiration and passport expirations dates.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks.

• Advertisement

If you lost your passport you could apply for a new one...

Advertisement