Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you lost your passport you could apply for a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Caranica wrote: »

I know someone who did that before. And then they actually lost their passport a year later. Which made that renewal a bit more awkward.

I know someone who did that before. And then they actually lost their passport a year later. Which made that renewal a bit more awkward.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Submit a paper application.

No reason is needed to renew at all time if you go with a manual application.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Hey boardsies

Googling this and I'm getting mixed answers online so asking you good people for another opinion.

If I renew my passport online, does my current one continue to remain active while it's being processed? Or do I run the risk of arriving at an airport to be told its cancelled?

Travel mainly in EU and USA; still a good few months left on it but may as well renew it when I can.

Thanks in advance for any help

BG

Hey boardsies

Googling this and I'm getting mixed answers online so asking you good people for another opinion.

If I renew my passport online, does my current one continue to remain active while it's being processed? Or do I run the risk of arriving at an airport to be told its cancelled?

Travel mainly in EU and USA; still a good few months left on it but may as well renew it when I can.

BG

Hey boardsies

BG

Hey boardsies

BG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

your passport will be cancelled as soon as they start to process the renewal

It is currently only taking a few days so renew away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hi lads apologies it this has been asked before. I am travelling to Birmingham for the weekend with Ryanair. I would have just brought the normal small carry on wheelie suitcase. I am aware that the regulations around this have changed. However this Indo article suggests that the new regulations although technically have come into play , will not be enforced until the start of December. Does anyone know if I will be able to bring my wheelie suitcase without being charged extra?

Relevant article here. https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-passengers-have-two-weeks-to-comply-with-new-baggage-rules-or-face-a-25-fee-37538004.html

• Advertisement

Hi lads apologies it this has been asked before. I am travelling to Birmingham for the weekend with Ryanair. I would have just brought the normal small carry on wheelie suitcase. I am aware that the regulations around this have changed. However this Indo article suggests that the new regulations although technically have come into play , will not be enforced until the start of December. Does anyone know if I will be able to bring my wheelie suitcase without being charged extra?

Relevant article here. https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-passengers-have-two-weeks-to-comply-with-new-baggage-rules-or-face-a-25-fee-37538004.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Got my passport back within 2 working days, ecellent service would recommend renewing this way. Ad was said already your old passport will be cancelled once thay start to process your new passport.

Got my passport back within 2 working days, ecellent service would recommend renewing this way. Ad was said already your old passport will be cancelled once thay start to process your new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hi all,

looking for opinions about something that is a long-standing disagreement between myself and my wife.

Our kids are dual citizens - Irish and Japanese (because of my wife). They have passports from both countries.

When they travel from Ireland to Japan for example, I think it is better to use one passport for the whole journey, but my wife thinks it's better to use their Irish passport when they depart Ireland, and then use their Japanese passport when they arrive in Japan.

With my way, one passport will show the departure and entry stamps for the whole journey, while other passport will have no record of it.

With her way, one passport will show them departing Ireland but never arriving anywhere, and the other will show them arriving in Japan, but never having departed from anywhere in the first place.

Is either of these ways considered better than the other, for any reason, or does it not really matter at all?

Hi all,

looking for opinions about something that is a long-standing disagreement between myself and my wife.

Our kids are dual citizens - Irish and Japanese (because of my wife). They have passports from both countries.

When they travel from Ireland to Japan for example, I think it is better to use one passport for the whole journey, but my wife thinks it's better to use their Irish passport when they depart Ireland, and then use their Japanese passport when they arrive in Japan.

With my way, one passport will show the departure and entry stamps for the whole journey, while other passport will have no record of it.

With her way, one passport will show them departing Ireland but never arriving anywhere, and the other will show them arriving in Japan, but never having departed from anywhere in the first place.

Is either of these ways considered better than the other, for any reason, or does it not really matter at all?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Advertisement