Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Does the rule that your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of your return journey apply to the UK? I might have to go to the UK in January with 5 months left on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

No.

No.

No.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you're an Irish Citizen you don't need a passport for the UK, only if you decide to fly Ryanair will you be required to have one.

If you're an Irish Citizen you don't need a passport for the UK, only if you decide to fly Ryanair will you be required to have one.

I wouldn’t risk going anywhere without a passport any more.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People end up presenting all sorts of ID at the gate, the staff can't be expected to know and validate all of them. So it's always safer to go with the standard, which is a passport.

People end up presenting all sorts of ID at the gate, the staff can't be expected to know and validate all of them. So it's always safer to go with the standard, which is a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

If I want to include my middle name on a passport, do I need to send a birth certificate?

And do foreign birth certs need to be apostilled?

If I want to include my middle name on a passport, do I need to send a birth certificate?

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

Yes, safer but not required. Most people have a driver's licence that carries no risk of not being recognised by any staff member.
    I got through with a Leap Card - Aer Lingus - I had my passport in my pocket just in case.

Yes, safer but not required. Most people have a driver's licence that carries no risk of not being recognised by any staff member.
    I got through with a Leap Card - Aer Lingus - I had my passport in my pocket just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 QuantumSix

Hi!

Just wondering what the rules are with beards in passport photos. I haven't seen anything regarding it on the department website.

Thanks!

Hi!

Just wondering what the rules are with beards in passport photos. I haven't seen anything regarding it on the department website.

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

QuantumSix wrote: »
    Hi!

Thanks!

I've a beard in mine and it wasn't a problem.
    Shaved the beard of in Yangon and had no problem leaving the country and entering Thailand either

Advertisement