Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

QuantumSix wrote: »
    Hi!

Just wondering what the rules are with beards in passport photos. I haven't seen anything regarding it on the department website.

Thanks!

I've a beard in mine and it wasn't a problem.
    Shaved the beard of in Yangon and had no problem leaving the country and entering Thailand either

Hi!

Just wondering what the rules are with beards in passport photos. I haven't seen anything regarding it on the department website.

Thanks!

Shaved the beard of in Yangon and had no problem leaving the country and entering Thailand either

Hi!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

In many/most countries it is a legal requirement to enter & leave on that country's passport. You can be fined, jailed & prosecuted if you don't.

While in that country (country B), as a citizen, you fall under the laws of that country.
    So, if one has dual nationality and run into a problem in country B don't count on country A providing assistance.

In many/most countries it is a legal requirement to enter & leave on that country's passport. You can be fined, jailed & prosecuted if you don't.

While in that country (country B), as a citizen, you fall under the laws of that country.
    So, if one has dual nationality and run into a problem in country B don't count on country A providing assistance.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

My very first passport had a photo of me with a terrible-looking beard I'd grown at the time.

I shaved it off a short time later, then had to travel for nine more years with a clean-shaven face but a hairy pic. Never had a problem anywhere, and I did a lot more travelling back then than I do now.

My very first passport had a photo of me with a terrible-looking beard I'd grown at the time.

I shaved it off a short time later, then had to travel for nine more years with a clean-shaven face but a hairy pic. Never had a problem anywhere, and I did a lot more travelling back then than I do now.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

My daughter, Irish, works in another European country & with her job was at a meeting in a third European country where her passport, amongst other things was stolen. The consulate there gave her papers, now expired, to get back to the country where she works & she applied immediately for a replacement passport. Would anyone have any idea if the target date at this time of year in the Irish passport office is likely?
    She & we would like her to be home for Christmas!

My daughter, Irish, works in another European country & with her job was at a meeting in a third European country where her passport, amongst other things was stolen. The consulate there gave her papers, now expired, to get back to the country where she works & she applied immediately for a replacement passport. Would anyone have any idea if the target date at this time of year in the Irish passport office is likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hey folks,

I need to travel in the morning and my passport is out of date on the 22nd of Jan so within 30 days. Does that matter?

I presume my passport is valid until the expiry correct? My girlfriend has me worried and now I feel stupid for not checking it.

Going to Germany from Dublin. Leaving tomorrow and back on the 30th of this month ( 4 days )

Hey folks,

I need to travel in the morning and my passport is out of date on the 22nd of Jan so within 30 days. Does that matter?

I presume my passport is valid until the expiry correct? My girlfriend has me worried and now I feel stupid for not checking it.

Going to Germany from Dublin. Leaving tomorrow and back on the 30th of this month ( 4 days )

Hey folks,

Hey folks,

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Flying to Germany from Dublin tomorrow morning for 4 days. My passport is expiring in Jan on 22nd.

Am I still okay to travel? I see on the UK passport site it mentions a 30 day expiration rule but haven't read anything on our website.

Sorry, could use a reply.

• Advertisement

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Flying to Germany from Dublin tomorrow morning for 4 days. My passport is expiring in Jan on 22nd.

Am I still okay to travel? I see on the UK passport site it mentions a 30 day expiration rule but haven't read anything on our website.

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

-Vega- wrote: »
    Hey folks,

You won't be allowed travel back with it.

M

Hey folks,

M

Hey folks,

M

Hey folks,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Your grand.

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Your grand.

• Advertisement

Sorry,

delete if you have to.

Your grand.

Advertisement