Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Shark72 wrote: »
    The 10 working days estimate is specific to a child's online renewal (as per DFA website). In fact, I was surprised to find how easy the application process was, and how few documents had to be provided.

What I'm disappointed with (particularly in light of the streamlined application process - e.g. no going to the Gardai to get them to verify photos) is the opacity of the process once the application has been submitted. I'm still in the dark about the status of the application despite contacting them twice, and their refrain is that I should continue tracking the application online (they stopped short of advising me to say a novena).

I'm in the same boat. I submitted for my son's passport renewal online. It's 4 days past the estimated target date. When asked about the application processing in webchat, I was told I just need to wait. I asked for a tentative date for which no definitive answer. It's really a PITA not knowing what's happening, nor letting us know if there is any problem.

The 10 working days estimate is specific to a child's online renewal (as per DFA website). In fact, I was surprised to find how easy the application process was, and how few documents had to be provided.

What I'm disappointed with (particularly in light of the streamlined application process - e.g. no going to the Gardai to get them to verify photos) is the opacity of the process once the application has been submitted. I'm still in the dark about the status of the application despite contacting them twice, and their refrain is that I should continue tracking the application online (they stopped short of advising me to say a novena).

I'm in the same boat. I submitted for my son's passport renewal online. It's 4 days past the estimated target date. When asked about the application processing in webchat, I was told I just need to wait. I asked for a tentative date for which no definitive answer. It's really a PITA not knowing what's happening, nor letting us know if there is any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

The spine of my passport cover is fairly worn but the inside and rest of the cover is perfect. On a recent trip, passport control in Denmark told me I should get it replaced.

I still have 2 and a half years before it expires. Does anyone know if I could get away with just getting a cover? I'm considering getting a passport card but I travel to US for work a few times a year so I'm a bit nervy about getting through US immigration with it.

The spine of my passport cover is fairly worn but the inside and rest of the cover is perfect. On a recent trip, passport control in Denmark told me I should get it replaced.

I still have 2 and a half years before it expires. Does anyone know if I could get away with just getting a cover? I'm considering getting a passport card but I travel to US for work a few times a year so I'm a bit nervy about getting through US immigration with it.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Just renew it if you are worried.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Not sure if that would work. I have a cover for my passport and I am always asked to take it out of it's cover before handing it over for inspection.

Not sure if that would work. I have a cover for my passport and I am always asked to take it out of it's cover before handing it over for inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you’ve only 2 years left then really you’re only ‘losing’ out on around 20 eur by renewing now. I know which I’d choose between the 20 eur or getting on wrong side of US immigration!

If you’ve only 2 years left then really you’re only ‘losing’ out on around 20 eur by renewing now. I know which I’d choose between the 20 eur or getting on wrong side of US immigration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

I have 2 child passports currently being renewed online.

* Applied online Jan 8th
    * Completed forms posted Jan 10th
    * Estimated date of issue on Passport site was Jan 22nd
    * Printed and posted today Jan 30th

• Advertisement

* Applied online Jan 8th

* Applied online Jan 8th

* Applied online Jan 8th

leex wrote: »

* Applied online Jan 8th

My estimated date of completion was Jan 25. With your time, I expect my case would be completed next Monday or Tuesday (4/5 Feb).

* Applied online Jan 8th

My estimated date of completion was Jan 25. With your time, I expect my case would be completed next Monday or Tuesday (4/5 Feb).

* Applied online Jan 8th

* Applied online Jan 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shark72

* Applied online Jan 8th

Thanks leex, you've given me some reason to be optimistic that this might just turn out okay (more than the DFA have done anyhow). Anyone else out there with a good news story about a recent online child's passport renewal?

* Applied online Jan 8th

Thanks leex, you've given me some reason to be optimistic that this might just turn out okay (more than the DFA have done anyhow). Anyone else out there with a good news story about a recent online child's passport renewal?

• Advertisement

* Applied online Jan 8th

Advertisement