Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shark72

mac.in wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I submitted for my son's passport renewal online. It's 4 days past the estimated target date. When asked about the application processing in webchat, I was told I just need to wait. I asked for a tentative date for which no definitive answer. It's really a PITA not knowing what's happening, nor letting us know if there is any problem.

Update: son’s passport was printed Monday 4th Feb., and we received it on Thursday 7th.
    Hope you don’t have long more to wait

I'm in the same boat. I submitted for my son's passport renewal online. It's 4 days past the estimated target date. When asked about the application processing in webchat, I was told I just need to wait. I asked for a tentative date for which no definitive answer. It's really a PITA not knowing what's happening, nor letting us know if there is any problem.

Update: son’s passport was printed Monday 4th Feb., and we received it on Thursday 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

2 weeks for online passport renewal.
    Great service

Great service

• Advertisement

Great service

Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Shark72 wrote: »

Thank you for sharing the timeline.

Regarding my case, I contacted the passport office staff through online webchat and asked them as to why my application is taking so long for the issue and if there is any problem with the application. I was told that I would be contacted by email if there is any issue with the application, and that I should track the status of the application online.

When I asked them about the tentative issue date, I was told it's not possible to give a tentative issue date. Then, I questioned that should I keep waiting for decades without any issue date in mind. Later, I was explained that usually the child's passport takes longer than the adult's renewal for all online applications, and that I should be issued by next Friday (16/02).

I personally feel the realistic turnover time should be displayed in the website rather than the target turnover time, so that the applicants need not go through unnecessary anxiety.

I'll update my timeline once I am issued with the passport.

Regarding my case, I contacted the passport office staff through online webchat and asked them as to why my application is taking so long for the issue and if there is any problem with the application. I was told that I would be contacted by email if there is any issue with the application, and that I should track the status of the application online.

When I asked them about the tentative issue date, I was told it's not possible to give a tentative issue date. Then, I questioned that should I keep waiting for decades without any issue date in mind. Later, I was explained that usually the child's passport takes longer than the adult's renewal for all online applications, and that I should be issued by next Friday (16/02).

I personally feel the realistic turnover time should be displayed in the website rather than the target turnover time, so that the applicants need not go through unnecessary anxiety.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

has anyone else applied for 2 renewal passports using online service 1 day apart and received the second one first?

I applied for mine last Wednesday night and it is still showing as 'processing' today with an estimated delivery of 19th February
    I applied for my wife's one last Thursday morning and her passport was delivered yesterday and she got her passport card today.

has anyone else applied for 2 renewal passports using online service 1 day apart and received the second one first?

I applied for mine last Wednesday night and it is still showing as 'processing' today with an estimated delivery of 19th February
    I applied for my wife's one last Thursday morning and her passport was delivered yesterday and she got her passport card today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

ffocused wrote: »

The longer one is waiting for a human to decide wether there's a problem or not?

The longer one is waiting for a human to decide wether there's a problem or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pass_renewal

Hello everyone, I applied for my passport's renewal online from Spain. I am checking its status through the application number by using the passport tracking link. It's in printing status at the moment.
    What are the next stages?
    And can I also use the same 11 digit application number to track its postal delivery thru "An Post" since it will posted back Registered?
    (if not, how can I check its status in post ? )
    thanks & regards

• Advertisement

Hello everyone, I applied for my passport's renewal online from Spain. I am checking its status through the application number by using the passport tracking link. It's in printing status at the moment.
    And can I also use the same 11 digit application number to track its postal delivery thru "An Post" since it will posted back Registered?
    thanks & regards

thanks & regards

thanks & regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

When it moves to the next stage there will be a link to An post tracking, or the passport will go to the embassy in Madrid.

When it moves to the next stage there will be a link to An post tracking, or the passport will go to the embassy in Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I applied for my passport on line lunch time sunday. Received it today, couldn't believe how fast it arrived. When I checked yesterday it said printing and today wednesday received it here in cork

I applied for my passport on line lunch time sunday. Received it today, couldn't believe how fast it arrived. When I checked yesterday it said printing and today wednesday received it here in cork

• Advertisement

Advertisement