Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Outlook is not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Shoelaces wrote: »
    So the omens are not good? Ive been told by people there is a chance it would be ok. Read somewhere online you can travel with it if its not 5 yrs out of date or is that full blown nonsense. Starting to freak out. Havent a drivers licence.

Even if you had a Drivers Licence Ryanair wouldn’t accept it. They have their own rules for traveling between Ireland and the UK and insist on a passport.

So the omens are not good? Ive been told by people there is a chance it would be ok. Read somewhere online you can travel with it if its not 5 yrs out of date or is that full blown nonsense. Starting to freak out. Havent a drivers licence.

Even if you had a Drivers Licence Ryanair wouldn’t accept it. They have their own rules for traveling between Ireland and the UK and insist on a passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

For Ireland to UK travel, is it simply a visual inspection of the passport or do they scan it?
    If it's a visual inspection, then you've nothing to lose by taking a chance.
    I wouldn't try checking in any bags as that's likely to involve a passport scan.

Make sure you don't attract any attention to yourself by having large carry on baggage.
    Have your passport open to make it easy for them to check.
    Smile and make strong eye contact.
    Keep your body language as if you expect to get past, not that you expect to be turned back.
    Don't be the last in the queue but be near the end and hope that the staff's attention will already be drifting towards closing off the flight and not be as attentive to the passport details.

For Ireland to UK travel, is it simply a visual inspection of the passport or do they scan it?
    I wouldn't try checking in any bags as that's likely to involve a passport scan.

Make sure you don't attract any attention to yourself by having large carry on baggage.
    Keep your body language as if you expect to get past, not that you expect to be turned back.
    Don't be the last in the queue but be near the end and hope that the staff's attention will already be drifting towards closing off the flight and not be as attentive to the passport details.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

josip wrote: »

This is exactly what i was thinking. Thanks man. I think they just glance at it from previous trips.

• Advertisement

This is exactly what i was thinking. Thanks man. I think they just glance at it from previous trips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You have to fill in the expiry date of your passport when checking in. You left it very late to renew, even online is saying 10 working days and this is working day 7??

You have to fill in the expiry date of your passport when checking in. You left it very late to renew, even online is saying 10 working days and this is working day 7??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

The last time I took a Ryanair flight they didn't even look at my passport. I was the second or third last to board and they seemed to be in a hurry to close the gate.

The last time I took a Ryanair flight they didn't even look at my passport. I was the second or third last to board and they seemed to be in a hurry to close the gate.

• Advertisement

You can spoof the expiry date. Ryanair's computer cannot validate the passport data entered.

The most they are checking is that the name matches the boarding card.

You can spoof the expiry date. Ryanair's computer cannot validate the passport data entered.

So might have to do this. Put it down a year later and hope for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Let's know, once you have managed it, as to how it was.

Advertisement