Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Furthermore, thank you all for your advice and care. Sadly i chickened out of heading to the airport but i felt running around the city like an idiot was a more productive waste of time.

See you guys in 10 years.

Let's try for 9 years 11 months next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Hey - question. Hopefully someone can help or advise.

My 10 year passport is due to expire in Sept 2019. (6 months~). I know most countries require it to be at least 6 months in date before travelling.

I'm happy to renew it early as the chip in the passport doesn't really work & I can't use any of the e-gates which is a pain.

However, before Christmas, I added a new visa to it (Saudi) which will expire in May.

If I renew my passport, will that "impact my visa" or would I need to apply for a new visa for the new passport number? I'm going to have to renew my Saudi one as well soon, just in a bit of a tangle with expiry dates!

Or - is it fine to carry the new passport and then show the visa in the old passport?

Appreciate any advice!

My 10 year passport is due to expire in Sept 2019. (6 months~). I know most countries require it to be at least 6 months in date before travelling.

I'm happy to renew it early as the chip in the passport doesn't really work & I can't use any of the e-gates which is a pain.

However, before Christmas, I added a new visa to it (Saudi) which will expire in May.

If I renew my passport, will that "impact my visa" or would I need to apply for a new visa for the new passport number? I'm going to have to renew my Saudi one as well soon, just in a bit of a tangle with expiry dates!

Or - is it fine to carry the new passport and then show the visa in the old passport?

Appreciate any advice!

Appreciate any advice!

Appreciate any advice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Ask the Saudis.

Ask the Saudis.

Ask the Saudis.

Ask the Saudis.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi all, just a quick one. Wife sent off her passport renewal last week, and they have attempted to deliver it the renewal offices in Balbriggan 3 times (all after 5pm). It has been “attempted delivery” each time, as I assume the offices close. Any ideas on what I can do? My assumption is this is an An Post issue, as they are only trying to delivery after the offices are closed.

• Advertisement

Hi all, just a quick one. Wife sent off her passport renewal last week, and they have attempted to deliver it the renewal offices in Balbriggan 3 times (all after 5pm). It has been “attempted delivery” each time, as I assume the offices close. Any ideas on what I can do? My assumption is this is an An Post issue, as they are only trying to delivery after the offices are closed.

They do not accept postal applications.

The only accepted methods are In Person, Passport Express, or online.

What? Passport express is sent via An Post, as above....

It was renewed online and need to send in old passport and marriage cert, so sent in via post as above. Passport express label provided by passport office to stick on an envelope and post.

It was renewed online and need to send in old passport and marriage cert, so sent in via post as above. Passport express label provided by passport office to stick on an envelope and post.

• Advertisement

Then it is an post issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

antodeco wrote: »

So, the Passport Office supplied you with a label, but did you just put the envelope in a post box, or did you hand it over the counter at the post office? I would assume you'd have to do the latter, but I could be wrong

So, the Passport Office supplied you with a label, but did you just put the envelope in a post box, or did you hand it over the counter at the post office? I would assume you'd have to do the latter, but I could be wrong

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »

Just put it in the letterbox. Says that's perfectly fine to do, once it goes through the an post network. Anyway, seems this isn't passport related but an post related, so I'll take it up with them! Thanks for the replies

Advertisement