Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thats grand so. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

GBX wrote: »
    Im due to fly with both Ryanair and Aer Lingus within EU soon but between the time of booking flights I've had to replace my passport. I got both the book and card. I take it there is no issue with either airline accepting the card nowadays when checking in?
    the card is great but it doesnt yet work on the aotomatic gates at Dublin airport when arriving and doesnt and will likely never work on any automatic passport checks abroad - so having the book passport tucked in your bag somewhere might still be useful to skip queues at immigration and use the machines.

Im due to fly with both Ryanair and Aer Lingus within EU soon but between the time of booking flights I've had to replace my passport. I got both the book and card. I take it there is no issue with either airline accepting the card nowadays when checking in?
    the card is great but it doesnt yet work on the aotomatic gates at Dublin airport when arriving and doesnt and will likely never work on any automatic passport checks abroad - so having the book passport tucked in your bag somewhere might still be useful to skip queues at immigration and use the machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Aer Lingus never ask for passport details unless the destination requires them, so Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic all require API

Aer Lingus never ask for passport details unless the destination requires them, so Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic all require API

Thanks for the replies :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Just curious can a hotel withhold your passport for the duration of your stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

They do in Vietnam.

They do in Vietnam.

They do in Vietnam.

• Advertisement

They do in Vietnam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Passport expires in October 2019 however I have quite a lot of foreign trips between now and then. My question is are there any issues travelling on current valid password while the renewal is in progress? I do not want to be checking in at a foreign airport on way home and finding out the password I have on hand is expired as the new one has been issued?

Any ideas?

Passport expires in October 2019 however I have quite a lot of foreign trips between now and then. My question is are there any issues travelling on current valid password while the renewal is in progress? I do not want to be checking in at a foreign airport on way home and finding out the password I have on hand is expired as the new one has been issued?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Your current passport becomes invalid the moment you apply online for the new one.

Just apply online now and get it in 48 hours, no panic.

Your current passport becomes invalid the moment you apply online for the new one.

• Advertisement

thank you. I will apply as soon as I get back from this next trip and hopefully will have new password before the next one. Their site says you need to plan on upto six weeks which I cannot do.

Advertisement