Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Your current passport becomes invalid the moment you apply online for the new one.

Just apply online now and get it in 48 hours, no panic.

thank you. I will apply as soon as I get back from this next trip and hopefully will have new password before the next one. Their site says you need to plan on upto six weeks which I cannot do.

Your current passport becomes invalid the moment you apply online for the new one.

thank you. I will apply as soon as I get back from this next trip and hopefully will have new password before the next one. Their site says you need to plan on upto six weeks which I cannot do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

If you have an Irish address you will deffo have the passport within 48-72 hours if you apply online.

If you have an Irish address you will deffo have the passport within 48-72 hours if you apply online.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

A regular passport or the card?

• Advertisement

Normal passport.

Normal passport.

Normal passport.

Normal passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

I have been told by the Passport Office that the passport is marked invalid not the moment you apply, but towards the end of the process, when the new passport is issued.
    If that happens while you're away, it may present some difficulties returning.

Ok so when a new passport is issued it automatically cancels the old passport. So I would bare this in mind, this happens at the end of the process

I have been told by the Passport Office that the passport is marked invalid not the moment you apply, but towards the end of the process, when the new passport is issued.

Ok so when a new passport is issued it automatically cancels the old passport. So I would bare this in mind, this happens at the end of the process

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kitkat1995

Applied today for a passport online today, didn't realize it was out of date and travelling on Thursday. Got a horrible person on the phone who said 'you shouldnt of done that' blah blah blah anyway, rang back and got a lovely man who told me to book an appointment for tomorrow to get an express passport and i just was wondering if anyone have any luck with and express?

• Advertisement

Applied today for a passport online today, didn't realize it was out of date and travelling on Thursday. Got a horrible person on the phone who said 'you shouldnt of done that' blah blah blah anyway, rang back and got a lovely man who told me to book an appointment for tomorrow to get an express passport and i just was wondering if anyone have any luck with and express?

Yes. My wife used that to get sorted for a replacement passport in between back to back work trips.
    Once you talk to a proper human in the Passport office they will do everything they can to get you sorted.
    They understand that not everyone's situation fits into black and white rules.
    Also, their online tracker is excellent.

Yes. My wife used that to get sorted for a replacement passport in between back to back work trips.
    Once you talk to a proper human in the Passport office they will do everything they can to get you sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

josip wrote: »
    <snip>
    you mean the tracker that says the passport is in status "printing", not yet dispatched, when the door bell rings and its the postman with the passport.

em, yea, great accurate service that.

<snip>
    you mean the tracker that says the passport is in status "printing", not yet dispatched, when the door bell rings and its the postman with the passport.

• Advertisement

<snip>

Advertisement