Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

I was told they put note of travel on it and to ring next week for an update. Have I just been fobbed off

Perhaps, perhaps not.
    Call first thing Monday :)

I was told they put note of travel on it and to ring next week for an update. Have I just been fobbed off

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lisamuire22

I also have a local TD getting in touch for me. She’s only 11 and it’s a trip to Disneyland be heartbroken if can’t go

I also have a local TD getting in touch for me. She’s only 11 and it’s a trip to Disneyland be heartbroken if can’t go

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our daughters first arrived today. Sent application Feb 20th. Issued Mar 15th. Received Mar 21st

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our daughters first arrived today. Sent application Feb 20th. Issued Mar 15th. Received Mar 21st

• Advertisement

Is this the date that was estimated or did it arrive late or early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Are you based in the Republic?

Submitted our daughters first yesterday. Flying on 19th of April...

Hi Lisa, here's what the status of our son's renewal currently looks for what it's worth.

The issue date hasn't changed since applying and the progress bar has moved across steadily.

4nwMHvR.png

(We live in Dublin)

• Advertisement

Yes, in Dublin. So basically an entire month. 19th April is cutting it fine without chasing this down.

We were given estimated 20 working days so I would say it more or less arrived on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

It's noted in this thread (as per many posts here), and also in my own experience, that the minor's passport take around 1 to 1.5 months for the renewal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-Note:

One Guideline was set by our Boards admin which states that for ease and convenience of and for our mobile users; a 10,000 posting limit be set for threads.

This shall be our Take.Two Passport thread. Our first can be located here and the same rules and guidelines apply here as did there.

Any issues; don't hesitate in sending a pm.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Yes, in Dublin. So basically an entire month. 19th April is cutting it fine without chasing this down.

We were given estimated 20 working days so I would say it more or less arrived on time.

Thanks. We were told it's currently taking 16 days. Will be following up for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Turin74

Hi,
    I'm a UK born citizen with Irish parents applying for Irish passport.
    Both my parents, although living in UK hold Irish citizenship/passports

In Section 3 part C which would i choose?
    Naturalisation
    Foreign Birth Registration
    Post Nuptial -- WONT BE THIS ONE
    Born abroad and adopted under Irish Law by an Irish citizen
    OR LEAVE BLANK?

I'm going to leave Your PPSN blank.
    Also on my Country - United Kingodon?, Great Britain or England?

Also in section 8 - I assume i can just sign this under the assumption that i am Irish Citizen? (although not just yet)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You are already an Irish citizen.

Leave section 3 C completely blank as none of that applies.

Stick in United Kingdom for country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

You are already an Irish citizen.

Leave section 3 C completely blank as none of that applies.

Stick in United Kingdom for country.
    thats not always the case

if one of the OPs parents was born in Ireland, then yep, they are automatically irish citizens.

if you have no parent born in ireland but rather a foreign born parent with irish citizenship through decent, then you'd need to be entered on the foreign births register first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Thanks. We were told it's currently taking 16 days. Will be following up for sure!

Our daughters first passport application was logged by the passport office on 21st Feb. it had a due date of 18th March. It printed yesterday the 21st and was dispatched today the 22nd so was a few days later than the expected date.

josip wrote: »
    Hi Lisa, here's what the status of our son's renewal currently looks for what it's worth.

The issue date hasn't changed since applying and the progress bar has moved across steadily.

4nwMHvR.png

(We live in Dublin)

I’ve been told by passport office that issue date won’t change so not to go by that just look at progress bar

• Advertisement

I’ve been told by passport office that issue date won’t change so not to go by that just look at progress bar

Progress bar completed today

CLgArp0.png

Advertisement